Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI - page 7. (Read 40736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
My current wallet is password protected. is there a way to unprotect it so I can try the moneroclient GUI?

I don't want to use a new wallet as I'm mining on address in my current wallet.

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
Jojatekok,

Looking good… I tested the following.

Generated address looks as it should in the GUI. It copies to clipboard with no issues and the QR code also scans showing the correct address. The save as function also works fine.

I tested with a few coins and sent 1 to bittrex using payment ID and sent one back to my other wallet. I also did this with a fully synced blockchain.

The first attempt sending to the exchange with payment ID failed and in the logs it just said daemon was busy. I waited about 10 minutes and it didn’t seem to attempt a resend so I tried again and it worked fine. I noticed that if you watch the wallet log there will be times where it will come back as daemon busy when it tries to refresh.

If possible you might want to make any errors like that popup in a window if it occurs during a send or is it supposed to attempt a resend? Likewise a popup for a successful send would be informative as well. The format of the send with payment id in the logs looked fine. It’s just the daemon was busy.

I was going to test the multiple recipient feature but noticed there was only one entry for the payment ID option. Since I was sending to the exchange (needed payment id) and to my other wallet I wasn’t sure which recipient the ID would be used for. I would assume it would be the first but didn’t want to take a chance. So basically I figure you would want each recipient to have it’s own payment ID field instead of just one at the bottom?

When the refresh runs successfully the GUI does update the wallet amount and the transactions correctly.

I also like the fact that we can specify locations for the resources. By default I was able to load this onto a USB stick and run it with no issues. The wallet saved on the USB in the directory it was supposed to. Now maybe in the future an option could be added to direct the location of the blockchain to USB? Not sure if it’s possible, the daemon itself would need to support that correct?

Keep up the great work. I’ll definitely keep providing feedback on it.
Yeah no problem. The good news is that using the correctly formatted address from the log worked. I had sent a small amount from a different wallet and received it no problem. Went from unconfirmed to confirmed with no issues that I could see. I'll be sure to post more if I find anything.

I have fixed the bug, and made sure that this cannot happen in the future: All the outputs which contain strings are now parsed by a case-ignorant RegEx, thus, the original casing is maintained for every string.

EDIT:

A new mandatory update for Monero Client is available!
(You can download it here Wink)

Until the x86 versions of bitmonerod and simplewallet are not fixed, I will not provide separate packages for them. Anyway, the Client itself does not even differ by platform, only the software resources do.
Jojatekok,

I starting testing receiving and sending with a small amount. Here's something funky I'm seeing. I tried to do a test send to the wallet that was generated by the gui wallet. There seems to be an issue with the way the address is shown through the GUI. Below is an example. Notice the difference compared to the address in the logs. Anyways I was getting an invalid address when trying to send to the wallet until I realized and just pulled it from the log.

Address copied from GUI: 42bjjr1ncvcge6pkn7fhzysmuydvlwxt2luxoswuajdbcfheil1bntszhy3kehecbzy9ypb8m4vqevm msjgqvwsa3jnvjdl (Invalid when sending to address)
Address copied from Log: 42BJJR1ncVCGe6pkn7FhzYSmuyDVLwXt2LuXoSwuAjdBcFheiL1BNtsZHy3KEHecBZY9YPb8M4VQEVM MsjgqVWsA3jNVJdL (Valid when sending to address)

It just looks like when viewed in the gui there are no caps in the address like in the log.

I tried sending to the address I pulled from the log and was able to successfully send to the GUI and have it show up.

YIKES! That's a huge fault I made, and I am very sorry about it. This post is being written from a mobile, but I know exactly what the cause of the bug is: my process wrapper of simplewallet still doesn't use the RPC client, thus, it reads outputs from the command line. The catch about this is that is that the output gets converted to lowercase before being passed to the filters which detect types of operations. I forgot to use the normal-cased string as an output after filtering... (Shame on me for testing only the sending of coins without ensuring the reliability of the receive address's validity Sad)

I am very greatful about the community helping the development by submitting these kind of bug reports and translations.

I'll try to issue a new release ASAP (tomorrow?) with this urgent fix implemented, along with support for QR codes, and multiple recipient support for sending coins. Wink

As it had been mentioned above, the stability of GUI wallets can only be as good as bitmonerod's and simplewallet's. I am aiming for perfection with Monero Client, so if anyone encounters even the littlest annoyance, please report it to me! Wink

Yeah no problem. The good news is that using the correctly formatted address from the log worked. I had sent a small amount from a different wallet and received it no problem. Went from unconfirmed to confirmed with no issues that I could see. I'll be sure to post more if I find anything.
Jojatekok,

I starting testing receiving and sending with a small amount. Here's something funky I'm seeing. I tried to do a test send to the wallet that was generated by the gui wallet. There seems to be an issue with the way the address is shown through the GUI. Below is an example. Notice the difference compared to the address in the logs. Anyways I was getting an invalid address when trying to send to the wallet until I realized and just pulled it from the log.

Address copied from GUI: 42bjjr1ncvcge6pkn7fhzysmuydvlwxt2luxoswuajdbcfheil1bntszhy3kehecbzy9ypb8m4vqevm msjgqvwsa3jnvjdl (Invalid when sending to address)
Address copied from Log: 42BJJR1ncVCGe6pkn7FhzYSmuyDVLwXt2LuXoSwuAjdBcFheiL1BNtsZHy3KEHecBZY9YPb8M4VQEVM MsjgqVWsA3jNVJdL (Valid when sending to address)

It just looks like when viewed in the gui there are no caps in the address like in the log.

I tried sending to the address I pulled from the log and was able to successfully send to the GUI and have it show up.

YIKES! That's a huge fault I made, and I am very sorry about it. This post is being written from a mobile, but I know exactly what the cause of the bug is: my process wrapper of simplewallet still doesn't use the RPC client, thus, it reads outputs from the command line. The catch about this is that is that the output gets converted to lowercase before being passed to the filters which detect types of operations. I forgot to use the normal-cased string as an output after filtering... (Shame on me for testing only the sending of coins without ensuring the reliability of the receive address's validity Sad)

I am very greatful about the community helping the development by submitting these kind of bug reports and translations.

I'll try to issue a new release ASAP (tomorrow?) with this urgent fix implemented, along with support for QR codes, and multiple recipient support for sending coins. Wink

As it had been mentioned above, the stability of GUI wallets can only be as good as bitmonerod's and simplewallet's. I am aiming for perfection with Monero Client, so if anyone encounters even the littlest annoyance, please report it to me! Wink
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
users should be warned not to use the gui clients if they are not well aware of the use-case risks.
it is better to use simplewallet until guis are stable and suitably featured, or simply don't use a wallet at all if you can't handle that.
if you are using a gui because you can't handle simplewallet, then you should wait until the gui is stable and idiot-proof.

+1
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
users should be warned not to use the gui clients if they are not well aware of the use-case risks.
it is better to use simplewallet until guis are stable and suitably featured, or simply don't use a wallet at all if you can't handle that.
if you are using a gui because you can't handle simplewallet, then you should wait until the gui is stable and idiot-proof.

Users should also rtfm. If you blindly install/run executables or scripts on your computer without even looking at the readme file, well, then whatever ends up happening, you were kind of asking for it, imo. I'm pretty sure all three (or more?) GUI wallets clearly state that they are alpha or beta versions in their respective readme docs.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

Monero Core itself is *not* ready for end-users yet, so GUIs cannot be ready either. At this point, even if the GUIs are stable and handle errors, they are just like simplewallet : For experienced users only.
Jojatekok,

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
I tried out the x64 version and have to say you have done a great job on this. The only thing that isn't working for me is the "Encrypt Wallet" option. I click on it and nothing happens. I tried to load my already existing "mining" wallet and it wouldn't load since it was already password protected. The log just said wrong password. Do you have any plans on making it so the GUI will ask for a password for an already protected wallet that's being loaded?

Thank You for the report! That's not a bug, but a yet-to-be-implemented feature. As a compensation, here is a teaser shot of an other upcoming feature:

Wink
I know that it doesn't look perfect, but there is reason that I haven't released it yet Smiley
Monero Client's first test release is here!

I have been working very hard in the past days in order to make everything ready for the first test version of the WPF Monero Client to be deployed for the public. The next few releases will not have a changelog, as I will focus on the development instead. (Commits tell about most of the changes anyway.)

I am proudly announcing that the application is now ready for testing. Please report any bugs or annoyances you occur, so I can fix them ASAP.

Here is the link for the downloads:
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases

I noticed that the x86 version of bitmonerod.exe is buggy for me, so I recommend everyone to use the x64 architecture if possible. Please note that the slow shutdown is due to saving the blockchain and wallet data. The option for disabling these steps will be implemented in the near future, as all the data are saved every 2nd minute.

Translators are still needed in order to reach everyone in the world with Monero's innovations. PM me for more details if You are interested! Smiley

I tried out the x64 version and have to say you have done a great job on this. The only thing that isn't working for me is the "Encrypt Wallet" option. I click on it and nothing happens. I tried to load my already existing "mining" wallet and it wouldn't load since it was already password protected. The log just said wrong password. Do you have any plans on making it so the GUI will ask for a password for an already protected wallet that's being loaded?

Activity: 50
Hello,

I just released Windows 64bits binaries of MoneroWallet-qt.
You can find them here : http://toh.neozaru.info/toh/public/MoneroWallet-qt-windows8-x64.zip

Just click on 'bitmonero-qt'. Please, dont move files from the original directory. (you can still create shortcuts).
Please, ensure any 'bitmonerod' or 'simplewallet' is closed before.

Performance is low, but it should work on most Windows 64 bits platforms. (optimized version exists, but requires OpenGL 2.0. Not really user-friendly)

Please notify (or PM) me if it doesn't work in your 64 bits Windows

Jojatekok > I will try yours soon.

Сan not send any coin. Wallet says: (transaction was rejected by daemon) Please wait for network syncing.
Wallet sycing: 100%.
What happened?

Which version are you using ?
The version provided in this previous post is deprecated (I removed the binaries). I will try to provide a fresh version today.
I also experienced "Transaction rejected by daemon" yesterday, but it resolved by itself after 2 minutes. I don't think this is a GUI-related problem, but I will check.

If you have a "bitmonerod.log" in your bitmonero-qt, you can send it to http://pastebin.com/ (or only the part corresponding to the time of your error).
Activity: 58
Hello,

I just released Windows 64bits binaries of MoneroWallet-qt.
You can find them here : http://toh.neozaru.info/toh/public/MoneroWallet-qt-windows8-x64.zip

Just click on 'bitmonero-qt'. Please, dont move files from the original directory. (you can still create shortcuts).
Please, ensure any 'bitmonerod' or 'simplewallet' is closed before.

Performance is low, but it should work on most Windows 64 bits platforms. (optimized version exists, but requires OpenGL 2.0. Not really user-friendly)

Please notify (or PM) me if it doesn't work in your 64 bits Windows

Jojatekok > I will try yours soon.

Сan not send any coin. Wallet says: (transaction was rejected by daemon) Please wait for network syncing.
Wallet sycing: 100%.
What happened?
Activity: 266

I have been working very hard in the past days in order to make everything ready for the first test version of the WPF Monero Client to be deployed for the public. The next few releases will not have a changelog, as I will focus on the development instead. (Commits tell about most of the changes anyway.)

I am proudly announcing that the application is now ready for testing. Please report any bugs or annoyances you occur, so I can fix them ASAP.

I noticed that the x86 version of bitmonerod.exe is buggy for me, so I recommend everyone to use the x64 architecture if possible. Please note that the slow shutdown is due to saving the blockchain and wallet data. The option for disabling these steps will be implemented in the near future, as all the data are saved every 2nd minute.

Translators are still needed in order to reach everyone in the world with Monero's innovations. PM me for more details if You are interested! Smiley

nice work.. the win64 build stops after a few seconds tough - just tell me if you need any logs.
what i dont like: monerod has a very nice rpc-wallet interface. even bitcoin tries to seperate wallet and daemon: why did you take the other direction?

Well, the x64 crash after a few seconds is weird. I would happily see some logs to analyze the problem. Wink

I have not chosen not to implement the RPC for the wallet, but have not started implementing it yet. Currently, I am adding support for generating QR codes, then I'll be insanely busy adding miner support. As I have already mentioned, there are a lot of features to add, including many which are not even mentioned as ideas for Bitcoin Core. Stay tuned for more updates! Wink

well i should have closed putty (which redirects monero rpc port) before i had start your app.
it works now: please dont misunderstand me: i really like and appreciate your work.

i just hope that the rpc interface will not be forgotton as i see it as an major advantage

nice work.. the win64 build stops after a few seconds tough - just tell me if you need any logs.
what i dont like: monerod has a very nice rpc-wallet interface. even bitcoin tries to seperate wallet and daemon: why did you take the other direction?

Well, the x64 crash after a few seconds is weird. I would happily see some logs to analyze the problem. Wink

I have not chosen not to implement the RPC for the wallet, but have not started implementing it yet. Currently, I am adding support for generating QR codes, then I'll be insanely busy adding miner support. As I have already mentioned, there are a lot of features to add, including many which are not even mentioned as ideas for Bitcoin Core. Stay tuned for more updates! Wink

Activity: 266

Pages:
Jump to: