Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero pool - page 2. (Read 14575 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
mropool.com

It's still in beta testing
Even in beta it is still kickassing (as a monero)

Trying to mine to donate hash to get a block and prove the pool works.. but getting failed to connect?

stratum+tcp://mropool.com:7706

The server host got a bit messed up
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
IMPORTANT

I have received a proposal to award 49% of the bounty to zone117x, 49% of the bounty to LucasJones, and 2% to archit.

If there are any objections posted to this thread within 24 hours of this post, I will proceed to request approval of this award plan by majority vote of the identified contributors. If the vote fails, alternative proposals will be considered, again by majority vote.

If there are no objections posted to this thread within 24 hours of this post, I will distribute the bounty accordingly.

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
<3 big picture
mropool.com

Trying to mine to donate hash to get a block and prove the pool works.. but getting failed to connect?

stratum+tcp://mropool.com:7706
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
mropool.com

mropool.com

Activity: 224

Look, you were much later, and your pool hasn't even been demonstrated to work at all. If you are able to do so, your demonstration will be much, much later. Asking for something like an even split at this point is fairly absurd.

I'm all in favor of having multiple open source pool implementations available for pool operators to choose from. But without some sort of evidence that this is actually a working and workable pool implementation we have nothing to go on in terms of fair judging of the pool award.

Any contended awards will be voted on by the donors. So we are not making a final decision here, but I think our reasoning is sound and will likely be adopted by the donors/voters. (Of course tacotime and myself are major donors, so we have an actual vote as well as our leadership in sorting out the situation.)

I know I am much later and I didn't even complain. I'm still trying to get an actual pool off the ground but I can't even pay for the hosting of something like that.
I can put up a pool using your code if you want to test as well.
pm me archit have another topic that might interest you.
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

Look, you were much later, and your pool hasn't even been demonstrated to work at all. If you are able to do so, your demonstration will be much, much later. Asking for something like an even split at this point is fairly absurd.

I'm all in favor of having multiple open source pool implementations available for pool operators to choose from. But without some sort of evidence that this is actually a working and workable pool implementation we have nothing to go on in terms of fair judging of the pool award.

Any contended awards will be voted on by the donors. So we are not making a final decision here, but I think our reasoning is sound and will likely be adopted by the donors/voters. (Of course tacotime and myself are major donors, so we have an actual vote as well as our leadership in sorting out the situation.)

I know I am much later and I didn't even complain. I'm still trying to get an actual pool off the ground but I can't even pay for the hosting of something like that.

I can give you access to a VPS to test your pool software.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I've mined hundreds on a test net. If that qualifies. I could even set up a temporary test pool up just demonstrate that it works as expected.

At this point I think it'd be prudent to give you 48h to try to get an actual pool off the ground and demonstrate payouts and block mining, so we can at least give you some small fraction of the reward.

A small fraction, doesn't sound so good but, okay.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Is Monero pool in development?

There are several Monero pools under operation. See the first page of the ann thread.
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
Is Monero pool in development?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
You can advertise your pool in this section:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

Won't doing it all on a testnet suffice?

EDIT: someone asked me to host a pool, might work out

I can post it in IRC if you post a link here when its up

Won't doing it all on a testnet suffice?

EDIT: someone asked me to host a pool, might work out
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

It's better than nothing, smooth and I agreed if your pool can at least work and you put a lot of effort into it you should be awarded something.

I could set up a pool in ~15 minutes but the hash rate. I don't spend time on IRC and I don't have people whom I could just ask to point some of it at my pool to demonstrate the mining, I have got only about 80 h/s at total
legendary

It's better than nothing, smooth and I agreed if your pool can at least work and you put a lot of effort into it you should be awarded something.
I've mined hundreds on a test net. If that qualifies. I could even set up a temporary test pool up just demonstrate that it works as expected.

At this point I think it'd be prudent to give you 48h to try to get an actual pool off the ground and demonstrate payouts and block mining, so we can at least give you some small fraction of the reward.

legendary

None. That's all I would say. The reason, I don't know, maybe it's cause I was late but definitely not that my pool doesn't perform well. The features are available on the github README but I guess that hardly matters now.

You can't demonstrate that your pool can mine a block? If this is the case, then we will have to give the entire bounty to zone117x/lucasjones.

legendary
None. That's all I would say. The reason, I don't know, maybe it's cause I was late but definitely not that my pool doesn't perform well. The features are available on the github README but I guess that hardly matters now.

You can't demonstrate that your pool can mine a block? If this is the case, then we will have to give the entire bounty to zone117x/lucasjones.
Pages:
Jump to: