Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero pool - page 3. (Read 14575 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
None. That's all I would say. The reason, I don't know, maybe it's cause I was late but definitely not that my pool doesn't perform well. The features are available on the github README but I guess that hardly matters now.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Alrighty, I got a list of pools from #monero bot and from Monero announcement thread. Every single one (except closed-source Minergate of course) is running my code. And as I stated in my previous post: if you add up their reported hash rates then it would appear that majority of network hash rate is being managed with my pool software, with the rest being solo-mined as I haven't found a single pool NOT running my code.

So why is this the case? I'll list some reasons that stand out:

• Performance. The share-trust algorithm LucasJones and I designed is our solution to the share validation CPU load problem that cryptonote hashing causes.
  • Scalability. All functions of the pool are separate modules that can easily be horizontally scaled. And the pool clustering feature using Node.js tech is just about the most efficient way to use all CPU cores for this kind of software.
  • A new TCP (stratum-like) protocol we implemented as a big improvement to the old http protocol.
  • Attack mitigation. IP banning, detection of various attacks.
  • Easy of use. Thorough instructions/documentation on how to setup and manage pool.
  • Accessory software. LucasJones implemented cryptonight hashing into CPUminer as part of this bounty. I created the easy-miner Windows GUI app so "your grandma could mine."
  • Flexibility. The design of the software has allowed people to easily create their own unique, beautiful front-end designs.
  • Support. Worked closely with a lot of pool ops on irc during the design of this pool and all its features. And still working them them today; giving them support and taking feedback on what features need implemented or improved upon.

Check out the repo readme for more technical details https://github.com/zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool

Something else quite important - everything I listed above is not theoretical. They are features thoroughly tested by the community pool ops and miners and running in production right now.

I could call on pool ops to give testimonies but I don't think that is necessary. The fact that every single pool is running my code seems like enough evidence.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
So, we would like to award the bounty in the next few days.

We would ask zone117x/lucasjones and archit to state their case about the validity of their pool software and demonstrate the number of blocks being mined with it and the number of functional pools available using their software, so we can adequately assess how much of the reward is given to each group.
Looks like majority of Monero hash rate is running through my pool code at this point - a week after announcing my pool  Smiley

Every Monero pool (and every other cryptonote coin) I've seen is running my code.

re: superresistant,
An "EADDRINUSE" error implies you're trying to open a port that is already in use.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

Can someone explain me what does it mean ?

events.js:72
        throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
              ^
Error: bind EADDRINUSE
    at errnoException (net.js:901:11)
    at net.js:1081:30
    at Object.72:1 (cluster.js:592:5)
    at handleResponse (cluster.js:171:41)
    at respond (cluster.js:192:5)
    at handleMessage (cluster.js:202:5)
    at process.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:117:20)
    at handleMessage (child_process.js:318:10)
    at child_process.js:392:7
    at process.handleConversion.net.Native.got (child_process.js:91:7)
2014-05-25 20:18:21 [Master]    [Pool Spawner] Fork 4 died, spawning replacement worker...

Thanks
Activity: 123
send bounty 16339.83879054 BCN
Activity: 224
Thanks, I will test it and see what I think, then Im sure there can be some sort of community vote to decide the bounty fate.

Just a tip, cpuminer doesn't work. And if you need help with it feel free to message me
so just use simpleminer?

Yeah
There is a new cpuminer that now supports stratum and my pool now supports stratum.

http://Http://www.extremepool.org
at the top pick which coin you want to mine and instructions will be on the main page or under getting started.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/extremepool-pool-bcnxmrqcnxdndashfcnmcnaeonbbrdoshoecinf8-mining-615486
Thanks, I will test it and see what I think, then Im sure there can be some sort of community vote to decide the bounty fate.

Just a tip, cpuminer doesn't work. And if you need help with it feel free to message me
so just use simpleminer?

Yeah
Activity: 224

so just use simpleminer?

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
As it goes... I announce my pool named "Monero-Pool", source available freely on https://github.com/archit120/Monero-Pool to be complete with all the necessary features for a pool. The pool code has been extensively tested by me on a testnet and realnet as well for the past week.

I know I'm about 5 days late to get to this state and it's completely up to the community to decide whether I get a part of the bounty an I shall expect whatever would be the decision. Saying that some of the features as seen on README are

A beautiful front end.
Highly scalable pool server which tries to get the maximum power out of multiple cores of your server without using Synchronous blocking.
Extremely detailed logging.
Extremely intricate error management so that the server never crashes out on you.
Compatibility with all major OSes.
IP banning.
Payment processing.
Extremely detailed database.
Front end with individual miner statistics and beautiful charts.
Address validation.
Vardiff support
Live stats

I am also working on stratum support but since cpuminer is managed by LucasJones and he is the co-developer of the other pool implementation as well so it's extremely likely I would be playing catch up on this one too.

Lastly I hope that you people are considerate of the hard work and time I poured into this project. I also to wish make it clear that none of the code is stolen/copied from node-cryptonode-pool as zone117x is always rampaging about. The only thing I ever asked him for was difficulty->target for which I soon found a faster and better way.

As it goes... I announce my pool named "Monero-Pool", source available freely on https://github.com/archit120/Monero-Pool to be complete with all the necessary features for a pool. The pool code has been extensively tested by me on a testnet and realnet as well for the past week.

I know I'm about 5 days late to get to this state and it's completely up to the community to decide whether I get a part of the bounty an I shall expect whatever would be the decision. Saying that some of the features as seen on README are

A beautiful front end.
Highly scalable pool server which tries to get the maximum power out of multiple cores of your server without using Synchronous blocking.
Extremely detailed logging.
Extremely intricate error management so that the server never crashes out on you.
Compatibility with all major OSes.
IP banning.
Payment processing.
Extremely detailed database.
Front end with individual miner statistics and beautiful charts.
Address validation.
Vardiff support
Live stats

I am also working on stratum support but since cpuminer is managed by LucasJones and he is the co-developer of the other pool implementation as well so it's extremely likely I would be playing catch up on this one too.

Lastly I hope that you people are considerate of the hard work and time I poured into this project. I also to wish make it clear that none of the code is stolen/copied from node-cryptonode-pool as zone117x is always rampaging about. The only thing I ever asked him for was difficulty->target for which I soon found a faster and better way.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6824562

I will be back asap, though, sorry for delays in this, it's beyond my control

Re: awarding the bounty.

We are waiting for tacotime to come back from vacation before completing the process of evaluating the submissions and awarding the bounty. He said five days, that was 2-3 days ago, so it shouldn't be long. Please stand by.

Are you like completely serious about that?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6824562

I will be back asap, though, sorry for delays in this, it's beyond my control

Re: awarding the bounty.

We are waiting for tacotime to come back from vacation before completing the process of evaluating the submissions and awarding the bounty. He said five days, that was 2-3 days ago, so it shouldn't be long. Please stand by.

Just wait for me before paying out  Roll Eyes

What was stated by the organizers of the bounty is that two pool implementations available within a reasonable period of time would share the bounty. The details of that are TBD, but the longer this "wait for me" goes on the less likely it is to be considered within a reasonable period of time.

zone117x announced his pool ready just a day ago. I would be in able to do that within a few days too
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

What was stated by the organizers of the bounty is that two pool implementations available within a reasonable period of time would share the bounty. The details of that are TBD, but the longer this "wait for me" goes on the less likely it is to be considered within a reasonable period of time.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Its going to be a nice pay out now with the recent rise in price
No problem Smiley

Figured I'd make that announcement here once the pool was confirmed working by several pool ops.
Pages:
Jump to: