Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero pool - page 5. (Read 14575 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
these instructions are to setup your own pool aren't they?
Yeah. Once the pool is finished all you have to do is download a cpuminer for cryptonight or maybe simpleminer and point it to a pool. All zone117x is doing is creating the pool software. Anyone will be able to set up a pool after it's complete.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Eligius does it too right? They don't guarantee it 100% of the time but most payments are made that way.

EDIT: To clarify how this works, the miners who contribute to mining a block don't necessarily get paid from that block, their shares get credited like any other pool and upon reaching a minimum payment threshold their eventual payments are made using some future block's coinbase. That avoids the issues p2pool has with dust payouts vs. minimum share value.

Right - that works for big pools that find blocks often. If you aren't a huge pool then payment variance (or just payment waiting period) would not make miners happy :p

Latest code should be working very well with vardiff and share acceptance.

Payment processing and IP banning to mitigate low-diff share attacks is under development. Right now I'm stuck on getting address validation. Looks like it should be: slice off 4 byte checksum -> decode rest as varint -> keccak (w/ 64 byte output ??) -> compare result to checksum.
do you have instructions on how to use your pool anywhere?

The usage instructions are on git hub.

thank you very helpful, by chance can you please be more specific? Smiley
https://github.com/zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool
Just scroll down for the instructions. They're in README.md.

these instructions are to setup your own pool aren't they?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
1000 MRO

NOT received
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Eligius does it too right? They don't guarantee it 100% of the time but most payments are made that way.

EDIT: To clarify how this works, the miners who contribute to mining a block don't necessarily get paid from that block, their shares get credited like any other pool and upon reaching a minimum payment threshold their eventual payments are made using some future block's coinbase. That avoids the issues p2pool has with dust payouts vs. minimum share value.

Right - that works for big pools that find blocks often. If you aren't a huge pool then payment variance (or just payment waiting period) would not make miners happy :p

Payment processing and IP banning to mitigate low-diff share attacks is under development. Right now I'm stuck on getting address validation. Looks like it should be: slice off 4 byte checksum -> decode rest as varint -> keccak (w/ 64 byte output ??) -> compare result to checksum.

https://github.com/zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool
Just scroll down for the instructions. They're in README.md.

legendary
Smooth, Lucas said he fixed the compiling issues with node-multi-hashing so give it another try.

I started with a clean new Ubuntu 13.10 install and followed the directions very carefully, with the same result:

Code:
npm http 404 https://registry.npmjs.org/multi-hashing/0.0.8
npm ERR! Error: version not found: 0.0.8 : multi-hashing/0.0.8
npm ERR!     at RegClient. (/usr/share/npm/node_modules/npm-registry-client/lib/request.js:269:14)
npm ERR!     at Request.self.callback (/usr/lib/nodejs/request/main.js:119:22)
npm ERR!     at Request. (/usr/lib/nodejs/request/main.js:525:16)
npm ERR!     at Request.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
npm ERR!     at IncomingMessage. (/usr/lib/nodejs/request/main.js:484:14)
npm ERR!     at IncomingMessage.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:117:20)
npm ERR!     at _stream_readable.js:910:16
npm ERR!     at process._tickCallback (node.js:415:13)
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this log at:
npm ERR!     
npm ERR! or use
npm ERR!     reportbug --attach /home/ubuntu/pool/npm-debug.log npm

npm ERR! System Linux 3.11.0-20-generic

Something does not appear to be working on Ubuntu 13.10. What OS are other people using?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
I work for use your code .

Actualy the code can not make more transaction of number processeur .

If fix and make 200 thread.
I get template block 200 per 10 secondes ( each thread get new template )
I have use base58 for valide address .

Actualy the last probleme for make pool is
1.)  very much number of thread without get template block  per thread
2.) RPC send payou
3.) RPC Balance
4.) RPC Find block and amount in block

I can push my code for you if you want.
I have very low change on your code .

monero:shares -> I have add KEY redis for stock share other form
I use scrpt python for get hasrate with redis "LPOP monero:shares"  return json of each share.
Add information of share in base mysql .

legendary

Well as I said even eligius doesn't guarantee all payouts to be done that way. You could just make a regular payout if you go too long in between blocks. 

Of course if the pool isn't finding blocks then you aren't going to be making payouts period (unless PPS).

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Yes the code is there to submit blocks when found although I haven't been able to test it. Assuming the documentation on bytecoin wiki is correct blocks should be submitted to daemon correctly.

I'm still developing payment processing so I'll have to setup a testnet of sorts somehow to test it all out.

Thanks.  I'm running the pool as is already but with little hashrate.  Miners show shares submitted successfully, Pool shows shares accepted.  No errors.  Guess will have to find block to know everything works for sure.   

Great work so far.  Looking forward to what is still to come.

legendary
Smooth, Lucas said he fixed the compiling issues with node-multi-hashing so give it another try.

Also regarding the payments in coinbase talk. That isn't practical to do with a normal Bitcoin-based pool for a few reasons - and there are even more reasons why its not practical to do with this new cryptocurrency. Its what p2pool does and it's part of the reason p2pool has its drawbacks compared to a central mining pool.

Yes the code is there to submit blocks when found although I haven't been able to test it. Assuming the documentation on bytecoin wiki is correct blocks should be submitted to daemon correctly.

I'm still developing payment processing so I'll have to setup a testnet of sorts somehow to test it all out.
zone117x,

Regarding the current state of  pool code.  What happens if a block is solved?  Will that be saved to the pool wallet?  I was assuming that the payment processing was still under development but that solved blocks would be on pool wallet.  Is that incorrect? 

Also regarding the payments in coinbase talk. That isn't practical to do with a normal Bitcoin-based pool for a few reasons - and there are even more reasons why its not practical to do with this new cryptocurrency. Its what p2pool does and it's part of the reason p2pool has its drawbacks compared to a central mining pool.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
You caution is useless .
I do not want to make a change in a dark corner Smiley
I preferred and pushes the change is done in the official sources.

Acualy is very hard make payout otherwise coinbase payout
legendary
It is poosible modified bitminored for add more one transaction of generation ?

I think is more simple and more efficace for make payout if miner is payed direct in the block

I would advise caution here. This is a brand new code base and there is no way to know without testing it if all the pieces would handle coinbase payouts correctly. The ill-advised attempt to do merged mining has already broken things twice.

Coinbase payouts are definitely a desirable feature, I'm just advising a yellow light here, not red.
So when using simpleminer is this correct command?

./simpleminer --pool-addr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:5555 --login=wallet_address --pass !

And if my pool solves block will that go directly into pool wallet for now?

I don't think the pool submits blocks correctly atm. Password can be anything.

I'm using pool wallet address.
Pages:
Jump to: