Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for Open-Sourced XMR/Cryptonight GPU Miner Bounties Thread - page 2. (Read 170881 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Hey, it was a very simple "mining.bat" with the following contents;

Code:
ccminer -o stratum+tcp://xmr.crypto-pool.fr:3333 -u myaddress -p x -l 4x10

Anything below 4x10 would cause ccminer to revert back to the default 8x40 value.

post your command line, something isn't right

-l=4x20

or 3x15

etc.

that equal sign matters.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Hey, it was a very simple "mining.bat" with the following contents;

Code:
ccminer -o stratum+tcp://xmr.crypto-pool.fr:3333 -u myaddress -p x -l 4x10

Anything below 4x10 would cause ccminer to revert back to the default 8x40 value.

legendary
Unfortunately it is ignoring 1x5 and 2x10 as well, defaulting back to 8x40 (and 99% usage)  Undecided

they have to match the 5 SMX units for the 750ti

1x5, 2x10, etc.

Otherwise that parameter gets ignored.

legendary
they have to match the 5 SMX units for the 750ti

1x5, 2x10, etc.

Otherwise that parameter gets ignored.

Thanks anyway myagui, but those numbers don't work for some strange reason....I guess if you enter an impossible combination it just defaults back to 8x40? Because that is exactly what is happening with those numbers (or anything lower than 4x10 for that matter) and I get ~220 H/s again with 99% usage.

My final suggestion would be 4x5, 3x5, 2x5, 1x5. These are the smallest units while still matching your SMX count.
Sorry, don't have these GPUs anymore to test anything out here...

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
My final suggestion would be 4x5, 3x5, 2x5, 1x5. These are the smallest units while still matching your SMX count.
Sorry, don't have these GPUs anymore to test anything out here...
Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried even the lowest value (4x10) and it doesn't work properly.

It also lowered my H/s from ~220 straight down to ~60, yet GPU usage funny enough was still at 93-96%;

http://imgur.com/a/cyW1a

I think you are referring to the "bfactor" flag which by default is set to 8x40 according to that documentation but that actually no impact on % of GPU utilization.

I tried setting it higher (8x64) and lower (6x32) and it had NO impact on GPU usage %, it would always be consistent at 95-98% usage. To prevent overall lag/delay, I think the maximum GPU usage can't exceed 80%.

It's -l (lower case L). And you really need much lower values if you want to get rid of lag. I don't recall anymore what a 750 TI would use, but maybe try -l 8x20, 8x10, 4x40, 4x30, 4x20 or 4x10, Eventually, you'll hit a number that effectively lowers the GPU usage to the desired levels.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
I think you are referring to the "bfactor" flag which by default is set to 8x40 according to that documentation but that actually no impact on % of GPU utilization.

I tried setting it higher (8x64) and lower (6x32) and it had NO impact on GPU usage %, it would always be consistent at 95-98% usage. To prevent overall lag/delay, I think the maximum GPU usage can't exceed 80%.

It's -l (lower case L). And you really need much lower values if you want to get rid of lag. I don't recall anymore what a 750 TI would use, but maybe try -l 8x20, 8x10, 4x40, 4x30, 4x20 or 4x10, Eventually, you'll hit a number that effectively lowers the GPU usage to the desired levels.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Hey guys, is there anyway to limit the amount of GPU resources tsiv ccminer (v0.17) uses?

I am getting a good hash rate from my 2GB GTX750 Ti (230H/s), but since it is my main and only GPU, it is slowing down my Windows 7 too heavily to let it run 24/7. I've tried to use the bfactor and bsleep commands but they only help a little. If I could say, tell ccminer to only use only 80% of my max GPU power (or limit it via Windows), that would solve everything.

Any ideas? Smiley

If you look up the documentation anywhere, you'll see that there is a -t flag you can use to use less of your GPU... so the default is something like -t 8x60 or something.... so you can fiddle with that flag.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
-Keyboard-Mash: 150 XMR
-HardwarePal: 1 BTC
-Smooth: 300 XMR
-othe: 50 XMR
Hey guys, is there anyway to limit the amount of GPU resources tsiv ccminer (v0.17) uses?

I am getting a good hash rate from my 2GB GTX750 Ti (230H/s), but since it is my main and only GPU, it is slowing down my Windows 7 too heavily to let it run 24/7. I've tried to use the bfactor and bsleep commands but they only help a little. If I could say, tell ccminer to only use only 80% of my max GPU power (or limit it via Windows), that would solve everything.

Any ideas? Smiley
legendary
Hi all, is there any miner for nvidia gt 9600?

I doubt it, pretty sure that GPU doesn't support CUDA and likely doesn't have enough RAM to even think about mining most coins with it.
Activity: 5
I have GTX 750 ti.
Is there a stable Windows exe to download so I can mine?
Thanks
https://github.com/tsiv/ccminer-cryptonight/releases/download/v0.17/ccminer-cryptonight_20140926.zip
via monerohash.com -> getting started -> mining apps -> CUDA (nvidia)

Great! Thank you! But it's from 2014 year.. Is there some newer version?
I've got GTX970, how to configure ccminer for best results? (I've got message "GeForce GTX 970 (13 SMX), using 40 blocks of 8 threads. Warning: block count 40 is not a multiple of SMX count 13". Should I change number of threads, or blocks, or what?)

Try the link above.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Activity: 8
reset your PC? you mean reformat?

I can't help much with windows mining. Checkout #monero on IRC for help.

Yes i mean reformat.

You need to be much clearer. Are you trying to restore an old wallet or something? Thanks

I was mining just fine with bitmonerod.exe and i had a balance of 11.7 something on a account before i reformated my computer. I have downloaded it again and when i log in with the identification i had before the reformat it just comes up as a new wallet.

Well.. Yeah. You destroyed your hard drive. Did you make a backup of your seed or keys file?   Huh

No Sad and the worst part is, i can't get my bitmonerod.exe to work now, it launches but it does not synchronize or anything.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Yes i mean reformat.

You need to be much clearer. Are you trying to restore an old wallet or something? Thanks

I was mining just fine with bitmonerod.exe and i had a balance of 11.7 something on a account before i reformated my computer. I have downloaded it again and when i log in with the identification i had before the reformat it just comes up as a new wallet.

Well.. Yeah. You destroyed your hard drive. Did you make a backup of your seed or keys file?   Huh
Activity: 8

Yes i mean reformat.

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Yes i mean reformat.

Pages:
Jump to: