Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for Open-Sourced XMR/Cryptonight GPU Miner Bounties Thread - page 5. (Read 170881 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
djm34 really wants an advance for his work, and this advance is not compatible with the forum funding system. I tried to convince him that a milestone payment for evidence of effort was equivalent to an advance (except that it was held in escrow by fluffypony), but apparently advances are "industry standard".

I'll admit to be not that familiar with the funding system, but I don't get how an advance would be not compatible. Can't the first milestone just be something like "statement of readiness to start work"?

Of course it is up to funders whether that is acceptable, which is a different matter.

true, that would work.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
djm34 really wants an advance for his work, and this advance is not compatible with the forum funding system. I tried to convince him that a milestone payment for evidence of effort was equivalent to an advance (except that it was held in escrow by fluffypony), but apparently advances are "industry standard".

I'll admit to be not that familiar with the funding system, but I don't get how an advance would be not compatible. Can't the first milestone just be something like "statement of readiness to start work"?

Of course it is up to funders whether that is acceptable, which is a different matter.
legendary
Okay, so I found a developer willing to work on new open source Nvidia mining software - djm34. His background can be seen here:

https://github.com/djm34

So the goal of the bounty is as follows:

Open source Nvidia mining software that performs better than Tsivs existing software. For the record, here's a screenshot by _sp

Granted, these hashrates are for _sp's modified kernals.

djm34 apparently fiddled with tsivs code a little bit and got these numbers:

260H/s 750ti
400H/s 780ti
560H/s 980

The 750 ti usually gets 250 h/s without _sp's mod. If anyone has any other hashrates to post for comparison (780ti and 980), please take screenshots.

--- The financials ----

So, as all Monerians should know by now, the Core team has created the forum funding system, which is an attempt to move away from the conventional bounty system. The primary benefit of this system is the developer can set any milestone and timeline for payouts, and then the funders basically agree or disagree based on whether or not they fund something.

Advance: "1000 - 1500 xmr"
Total: 5000 XMR

So, as it stands, we would have to send 1k - 1.5k xmr to djm for him to start to work on the problem. After completion of the task, he would get the remaining bounty.

If anyone is willing to provide this advance, please post.

He said he could complete the task in 3 weeks, and that he didn't want to make any promises, but thinks he can get the cards on par with the AMD counterpart.

so, all details

Advance: "1000 - 1500 xmr"
Total: 5000 XMR
Timeline 3 weeks
Goal nvidia on par with amd counterpart (so around 800 h/s on a 980ti i guess)
Final products open source code on github and compiled binaries for windows and linux

Additional goals (not discussed yet) could be scaleability (the code could work on any future card, at least a maxwell card) and increased usability (getting tsivs to work in linux requires much patience). But these could be pie in the sky for all I know.

I am going to pitch this task for him on the forum funding system, with the "evidence of effort" milestone in place of the advance.

If anyone wants to pony up the advance here, that will work as well.

The rest of the bounty will be done on the forum funding system.

Also, if Wolf0 could chime in here, I think that would really help djm34's case for the advance.

edited once to add final products
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
https://github.com/tsiv/ccminer-cryptonight

Fresh out of the oven, don't have any performance data beyond personal testing during development with my GTX 750 Ti rig. Does around 200-220 H/s per card for a 750 Ti, both stratum and http protocols supported for pool mining. Haven't actually tested solo. Compiles and runs both on Linux and Windows pretty much straight out of the box. Linux highly recommeded over Windows. Has issues with massive lag if run on a Windows primary GPU, practically renders the computer unusable due to the hashing kernel grabbing the GPU for 1-2 seconds at a time. Pretty much what happens with every other algorithm, this is just orders of magnitude worse. Looking into breaking the kernel into smaller pieces to hopefully alleviate the problem.

tsiv you rock for developing this...

Am I to understand that the miner will bog a 750Ti desktop? 

I would have to disagree with you that pretty much every other algo bogs the machine if under Windows with primary GPU, as I mine nonstop with my rig, only has 750Ti and I can do anything in windows with no lag, no slowing of the miner (cudaminer or ccminer).  Only exceptions are GPU-intensive apps like 3D gaming.
I don't know if you fixed your problem yet. I have the same setup however in your windows task manager , right click on the ccminer.exe file and wallets to. go to affinity and change from all cpu's to using just one. right click again on ccminer.exe file and select set priority to below normal.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hello All. I am ready to pay 2 BTC (1000 XMR) for open sourced AMD miner with equal to Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.3 performance.

Equal to Claymore's probably isn't an easy feat... if you lowered the threshold a bit, you might find some takers.

or increased the bounty? ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

This works, too. Tongue

Personally, I'd be a little more inclined to work on a somewhat easier bounty for somewhat less coin.

Something worth noting, even if you happened to have a equivalent hashrate to Claymore, it still wouldn't be worth mining compared to Neo, Quark, or x11. This is purely for securing the network against botminers unless I'm mistaken. For those of you that care about such things.

But if monero price will rise, open sourced nvidia and amd software (with good performance) will be big plus for miners, which can switch from "Neo, Quark, or x11" to mining monero with its hardware (just compile and run or use compiled version). And it will result in overall network hasrate and monero security. Some miners don't use Proprietary soft for some reasons. I think it's better to have open sourced AMD miner than not to have.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Hello All. I am ready to pay 2 BTC (1000 XMR) for open sourced AMD miner with equal to Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.3 performance.

Equal to Claymore's probably isn't an easy feat... if you lowered the threshold a bit, you might find some takers.

Smiley ...

#crysx

This works, too. Tongue

Personally, I'd be a little more inclined to work on a somewhat easier bounty for somewhat less coin.

Something worth noting, even if you happened to have a equivalent hashrate to Claymore, it still wouldn't be worth mining compared to Neo, Quark, or x11. This is purely for securing the network against botminers unless I'm mistaken. For those of you that care about such things.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
legendary
smooth, how about any open source miner that increases hashrate?

I'd give a little to a significant open source boost to the hash rate of nv but supporting the other major platform at all seems more significant to me.

G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
And just abt the time I was abt 2 say damn xmr u jus dun got it going on.

Newayz I got about 300 now if be crazy gentlemen wanna let it out in2 theoen.

300 lets go letsv go
legendary
According to the OP, these bounties were pledged for an open sourced AMD miner

-Keyboard-Mash: 150 XMR
-HardwarePal: 1 BTC
-Smooth: 300 XMR
-othe: 50 XMR

according to
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11079019

Smooth's 300 is still active

G2M put up one for 150

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11079351

So total recent monero put up for SOME kind of bounty.

*Smooth: 300
*G2M: 150
GingerAle: 200
Jwinterm: 35
Chocolatebar: 2000
owlcatz: 200
Lloydmiller4: 500 - 1000

though the asterisked ones were for the original open source AMD bounty, not necessarily a miner with 2X hashrate.

So 3885 is the total up for something. Anything. To happen in this space.

I wanted to add that, at some point, I proposed that 10% of this bounty (or some percent, agreed upon by participants) should be donated to Core development.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
My private cryptonight kernal is around 10% faster on windows(windows executable). It can be yours for a 0.2 BTC donation. Then you also get my private spreadcoin miner with sourcecode (linux compatible).. (8.75-10% faster)

NVIDIA (ccminer)

legendary
smooth, how about any open source miner that increases hashrate?
legendary

according to

G2M put up one for 150

though the asterisked ones were for the original open source AMD bounty, not necessarily a miner with 2X hashrate.

Yes I am happy to pay out 300 toward an open sourced AMD miner.
legendary

according to

G2M put up one for 150

legendary
crap, need to find a better SHA256 website or something. My quick googling lead me to crap apparently, because im getting different hashes from different websites. Some remove whitespace or line breaks or something. Anyone got a good one? Overkill. But fun!
legendary
Putting together a bounty again for open source mining software.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653467.700;topicseen

owlcatz: some yet to be determined amount

The full bounty is for 2X hashrate increase on existing hardware. Proportional bounties can be obtained for successive increases in hashrate. So, 10% increase in hashrate gets 10% of the bounty.

Discussion about the bounty will now occur on this thread. I need to dig through and see who still has active bounties up from this thread.

Sorry, put me down for 200 xmr for now, probably more later. Thanks! Wink

Thanks for full quoting. For others, full quoting of these numbers is encouraged. Its a blockchain! Ah what the hell, lets make it a real blockchain.

------
SHA256 hash of entire post above my ---'s
8850d50e434fbf759ad7e3632b7470965b1bd7e4a9660ee2a2aec2db79eb758b

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

The full bounty is for 2X hashrate increase on existing hardware. Proportional bounties can be obtained for successive increases in hashrate. So, 10% increase in hashrate gets 10% of the bounty.

Discussion about the bounty will now occur on this thread. I need to dig through and see who still has active bounties up from this thread.

Sorry, put me down for 200 xmr for now, probably more later. Thanks! Wink
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
well I guess that is the case... its just not hard on my GPU...

I am looking for a coin to mine that i can make some cash on .. I have two 980 cards and one 970 and I am finding that monero or even bytecoin makes more money per day than dash or quark

I am not looking to break the bank.. but I have these cards at my disposal and never turn off my computers at work anyway.. so might as well make some money on the side.

get your hands on sp's ccminer fork - and mine quark on nicehash / westhash or yaamp ...

seriously - it is one of the highest paying algos at the moment - and those cards will hammer pretty hard ...

here ...

1.5.45(sp-MOD) is available here: (18-april-2015)

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/tag/1.5.45

The sourcecode is available here:

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer

hope this works out for you ...

#crysx

I tried one of the cards on quark @ coinmine.pl
running for 10 minutes and already #1 in statistics... lol
but still the math is not there... according to the statistics.. it will only generate .0003 btc per day
thats about 6 cents

same card running XMR will get approx .0015 btc or .36 cents..

am I at the wrong pool ?

Run the numbers on X11.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: