Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward? - page 7. (Read 2343 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 500
October 06, 2018, 03:59:59 PM
Some ICOs need to know all token holders whether they are investors or bounty hunters, that relies on the regulation process they are subjected to. I think it is not a bad thing, because it can eleminate the using of multiple accounts, which means more tokens for bounty participants who manage to pass KYC.
Activity: 240
Merit: 1
October 06, 2018, 03:49:27 PM
Well, I am a bounty hunter and I have got to understand that the need for KYC is to control spam, avoid users who uses multiple accounts, avoid cheaters and to avoid abusers which is of course a good thing but at the end of the process I just keep thinking what do they do with the Personal Information afterwards.

Activity: 280
Merit: 2
The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange
October 06, 2018, 03:47:20 PM
I agree with your write up about KYC, it's not meant for the bounty hunters, because the bounty hunters are not contributing money but their time and work, but in most cases, KYC is always required because of the cheat among the hunters, so the team requires the KYC to make sure they are sending the tokens to the right people. I will say bounty hunters brought it upon themselves
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
October 06, 2018, 03:09:11 PM
I do not think requesting for personal details from bounty hunters before giving them their earned tokens is the right thing. It takes away the anonymity from crypto and besides bounty hunters are not customers, they are just workers so why the need for 'know your customer'
Activity: 154
October 06, 2018, 03:02:21 PM
I believe that as long as there are no guarantees in receiving tokens, then we can’t even gossip about any identity verification. this is the very fraud
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 06, 2018, 02:56:54 PM
Now in most cases, and many companies Yes it is necessary to go through the procedure KYC identity verification, on the other hand can be good robots to remove, so to speak spammers, and on the other imagine that there are managers are not quite honest,and they will be different ways to try you part of the tokens to pick up, and KYC
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
October 06, 2018, 02:53:47 PM
We should avoid the bounties with KYC procedure to recive rewards because if that bounty turns into scam then our details can be used in the wrong way or scamming others so we need to be careful with our personal details and don't reveal them for few pennies.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
October 06, 2018, 02:51:25 PM
I think KYC is really needed not only in the ICO program and also in the bounty, because this is very important to avoid cheating and restricted countries, but still there is a risk that they will use our personal data for fraud, therefore we must be more thorough in choosing a bounty or ico program that you want to follow
Activity: 325
October 06, 2018, 02:20:36 PM
As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc...
but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.
I think cheaters in bounty campaigns is a big concern today and there is no more effective way to prevent this, than required KYC procedure. I'm not a supporter of it, because there are still many SCAMs aimed at gathering users data, so people need to be very careful with it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
October 06, 2018, 02:09:20 PM
Could you kindly tell me how can be our identities abused? What they will do with them? They will create a bank account and borrow some money? Or they will make a fake business with our identities?
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
October 06, 2018, 02:05:43 PM
Yes it is true in some bounties need to submit KYC but it is not compulsory in all bounty programs. KYC is required only for the reason that you don't belong to the country in which cryptocurrency is illegal and also to restrict the entry of fake people.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
October 06, 2018, 02:02:56 PM
bounty dont needs KYC, will that be implemented at the first place?
will that be a good chance to have in this way?
we all know kyc CAN BE FAKE SO WHAT IS THE REASON TO HAVE IT?
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
October 06, 2018, 01:46:15 PM
KYC is not a must. ICOs are doing that in case of they need to declare some docs to authorities.
Hint: Don't join any airdrop or bounty program if they don't do KYC. Possibly scam.

I disagree with you. KYC for a bounty campaign is a guarantee of the absence of a large number of multi-accounts and it means your rewards for the participants.
KYC for airdrop is stupid. Send your personal data to get 2-20 dollars? I would not do that.
Activity: 182
October 06, 2018, 01:43:48 PM
Oh sure. I think that you definitely need to confirm your identity because many people are engaged in multi-account management and do not allow others to earn money.
Activity: 672
October 06, 2018, 01:42:54 PM
Yes, imagine, it is practiced now, but I also don’t understand why it is done, because we get our tokens for our work, I think that this cannot be called that way, maybe in most cases this is not required, therefore I think that the developers reinsured.
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
October 06, 2018, 01:40:20 PM
Some bounty projects require KYC to receive rewards, but not all of them. I am not at all interested to join bounties that requires KYC. As, there is no guarantee that you data would be safe and it wouldn't get leaked in future.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
October 06, 2018, 12:11:46 PM
Now a days, many spammers are making fake entries in the name of real bounty hunters with their details and some time, real hunters deprive their rights with wrong entry in their names. If KYC comes into effect, then no spammer can make any fake entry and real hunters get more rewards for their work.
Activity: 276
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
October 06, 2018, 11:59:55 AM
Yes bounty manager  sometime put up the need for know your customer k. Y c to be able to detect the nationality and identify the customer so it important to be used in bounty
That is not their purpose. Their purpose is to know if a participant is using a multiple account in their campaign. It's not about the nationality. Do you have an experience joining in a bounty campaign? If a bounty requires KYC, for sure its a scam. Most of it are scam so beware of it.

Do you have enough experience that most bounties requiring KYC are scams? Although I have never yet participated in bounties requiring it, I might in the future, but if what you said is true, then maybe not.
Activity: 305
[PROFISH.IO]
October 06, 2018, 11:56:26 AM
Yes bounty manager  sometime put up the need for know your customer k. Y c to be able to detect the nationality and identify the customer so it important to be used in bounty
That is not their purpose. Their purpose is to know if a participant is using a multiple account in their campaign. It's not about the nationality. Do you have an experience joining in a bounty campaign? If a bounty requires KYC, for sure its a scam. Most of it are scam so beware of it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
September 17, 2018, 01:35:05 PM

1 Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

2 Solutions:

Reasons. 2-4 are basically is the same thing, to avoid bounty abusers. But in general they should n ot care about that, more markeitng is better for them.

I think that the only 2 reasons can be : 1) for legit project ,they are unprofessional and they dont know if they need to ask for KYC for bounty hunters as well 2) they ar scammers who are trying to get your information

Solutions: Do the KYC if it is done by outsourced company which checks out, otherwise do not do it.
Pages:
Jump to: