Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Gervonta Davis vs. Isaac Cruz - December 5 - page 6. (Read 889 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
^^ Who wouldn't love that? Lol.

Yes, there are even some videos as well with Romero talking about how he have the power and going to knock the f*** out of Davis in their fight.

I guess they really learn everything from Floyd himself. But at least Floyd can back it up, but this Romero hasn't prove anything a bit. We haven't heard his name before though, so now he is making a lot of noise and maybe he can get some fans that will hate him.  Grin
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
Has anyone reading this loud trash talking from Romero about knocking Davis down in round 1?
https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/10/20/22735859/rolando-romero-predicts-first-round-knockout-gervonta-davis-next-fight-showtime-boxing-news-2021

According to this article, this is his statement.
“Man, I’ma say it like this, Tank’s gonna get knocked the fuck out,” Romero said. And like I said, whoever believes otherwise can go fuck themselves. ... The best thing about Tank is he’s a puncher, and I’m a bigger puncher and I’m a bigger person! What the fuck does he have?

“I punch way harder than him. Ask anyone that knows us both, they’ll tell you straight up, I’ma knock him the fuck out. One round. He gonna run right into something, ‘cause he’s stupid!”

Who doesn't love to see a guy who talks too much but ends up on kissing the canvass?
Well, If this is just for hype then I can say it's lame, I hope Davis would take this statement personally and strive to knock this loud mouth kid down, in round 1 If necessary lol.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

What do you expect? This is part of the strategy to sell the fight but we can always look at their previous fights and see who is better between the two. Based on the record, it's obviously Tank Davis who is better but Romero is going to be a good challenger, so the chance for an upset is possible and I'm glad that he's been hype by some boxers betting on him, hopefully, he will not fail our expectation.

Of course, and based on the record, Tank Davis is almost unbeatable in most of his fights, and his record is very impressive which has 25 wins and 96 of the fights are won by KO. I think that record alone would already tell how good this fighter is, and for Rolando Romero to match Tank Davis, he has to have a solid chin and a strong stomach so he can last in a toe to toe battle.

You have a type error the 96 should be 24 knock out, I agree Tank is a monster his monicker is right he is indeed a tank he can ram anybody in the ring, as for Romero this is the first time that his chin and body will be tested but another big thing that will be tested on Romero is his defense, his offense is good but his defense is questionable.

I agree, he always talk about his power, but can he also play defense?

Tank Davis shows that he can have a good defense in the Barrios fight and one thing that goes with him is that he has a good chin, never been crack in all of his fights. So we will see how Romero will react if he gets tag by Davis, left hook or body punch, for sure he will feel those punches as Davis has power in both hands. And if ever he got knock down or knock out here, then the hype is over for Romero.

Defense is one of the most important in boxing, no one can be successful by simply relying on his power, look at Wilder, his defense is weak although he has the power, so he never won a single fight against Fury who was the smarter boxer and who played defense very well. In this fight, we know who is better in defense although we must say that Rolly also has the power.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594

What do you expect? This is part of the strategy to sell the fight but we can always look at their previous fights and see who is better between the two. Based on the record, it's obviously Tank Davis who is better but Romero is going to be a good challenger, so the chance for an upset is possible and I'm glad that he's been hype by some boxers betting on him, hopefully, he will not fail our expectation.

Of course, and based on the record, Tank Davis is almost unbeatable in most of his fights, and his record is very impressive which has 25 wins and 96 of the fights are won by KO. I think that record alone would already tell how good this fighter is, and for Rolando Romero to match Tank Davis, he has to have a solid chin and a strong stomach so he can last in a toe to toe battle.

You have a type error the 96 should be 24 knock out, I agree Tank is a monster his monicker is right he is indeed a tank he can ram anybody in the ring, as for Romero this is the first time that his chin and body will be tested but another big thing that will be tested on Romero is his defense, his offense is good but his defense is questionable.

I agree, he always talk about his power, but can he also play defense?

Tank Davis shows that he can have a good defense in the Barrios fight and one thing that goes with him is that he has a good chin, never been crack in all of his fights. So we will see how Romero will react if he gets tag by Davis, left hook or body punch, for sure he will feel those punches as Davis has power in both hands. And if ever he got knock down or knock out here, then the hype is over for Romero.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
^ One thing about this Rolly Romero is that he is not really afraid of anyone in his division.

As per his interview, he said that he will knock out Davis, and he is very confident about it. Maybe they also have some sparring sessions before and see some weakness on Davis. Or he already tastes Davis power already and he can take that.

He also said that he has more power on Davis, but the thing is that Davis is too fast with his hands with Romero is somewhat always looking for a one punch ko.

Wait Buds , 96 fights? he only has 25 career fights and won 24 by Knockout so where did that come from? sorry I'm curious as this is His Wikipedia record.

but i agreed on that as This is a Monster inside the ring and Romero may face a sudden loss in this one , Hope he can go against this monster in fair fight.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
^ One thing about this Rolly Romero is that he is not really afraid of anyone in his division.

As per his interview, he said that he will knock out Davis, and he is very confident about it. Maybe they also have some sparring sessions before and see some weakness on Davis. Or he already tastes Davis power already and he can take that.

He also said that he has more power on Davis, but the thing is that Davis is too fast with his hands with Romero is somewhat always looking for a one punch ko.

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

Merit: 833

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Another video I uncovered, sparring session between Rolando Romero and Ryan Garcia,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEYYDeRGHAA

No doubt that this kid has a bright future in boxing, this video is 4 years old, pre-pandemic. We don't know how much Rolly has improved, but Davis is on another level, more polished and technical boxer than Rolly. You can see the Ryan keeps tagging him with that left hook, but he keeps on coming back. Not sure though if Davis tags him with a powerful left, he might go down.

They are wearing protective gears we have no way of knowing if he can take a punch from a guy who has power on both hands, it's very different wearing when you are wearing protective gear than when you are in a real fight inside the ring, Devonta can floor anyone with just a jab, Romero will pay all the disrespect that he's been giving to Gervonta come fight night.

Well you can see him always adjusting when Ryan his him with that left hook, it means he is somewhat bothered by the punch, maybe he got sting a bit. Definitely, it's different when you have the protective gear but from the video itself I would say that he is affected by Ryan's power. So just imagine Tank Davis hits him with a left hook square in the chin, it can easily be shattered by the power and he could go down in my opinion.

It's an old video though, maybe Romero has improved since they. What we like though is that he didn't hold up against Ryan Garcia that time, maybe both are just making a name for themselves in 2017, but you can see the potential on Rolly Romero's power. He hit Ryan as well with sold punch and someone has to break them up because the sparring sessions are turning into a true fight.

Again, he might be protecting his chin more in this fight because Davis has the power, but for sure he is willing to engage because he believes that he can knock out Davis too.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
The next opponent for Tank Davis has been chosen and it is undefeated prospect Rolando Romero. Romero is the typical Davis opponent, someone with an aggressive style who does not have much defense. Unlike Gamboa, Santa Cruz, and Barrios, he does not have much experience. I expect Davis to be a massive favorite and the odds will be lopsided.
Romero is inexperienced and doesn't have much skills. He does not belong in this kind of fight. It is a shame we can't see the best fighters in a stacked lightweight division fight each other due to politics and we get these kinds of mismatches instead.
Like always it is the promoters the ones that delay the fights we all want to see that by the point we see them many times the boxers are not on their prime anymore and the fight is nowhere near as good as it could be.

This is what happened with the Mayweather vs Pacquiao, they could have easily created a trilogy of fights but instead we only got one and it was extremely boring to the point no one was interested in watching another one, yes they earned more money in that fight than in any other in the past but they let a lot of money over the table as they only got one fight instead of three.
For a fight that is boring, there's no need to create a trilogy.

It was called the fight of the century and both made a big amount of money in that fight, however, they failed our expectation as Mayweather was able to impose his will and that is by just running and scoring which makes him the boring fighter of all time.
It was a technical fight and while some can appreciate that it is obvious this is not going to be what people like, just look at the fight between Fury and Wilder which was not technical at all and yet people were very excited about it and many think it is the fight of the year.

In the case of Mayweather vs Pacquiao if the fight had happened a few years before when Pacquiao still had his full speed it would have been way harder for Mayweather to evade as much as he did and the fight would have been more exciting, but obviously Mayweather was not going to fight Pacquiao when he was at his best and that is why the fight was a disappointment.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

Sparring sessions are part of the practice only, and there's no way to easily know that a fighter would be as good in the sparring session and in the actual fight. Tank Davis is undefeated and he hits really hard, so I believe no fighter at his weight level would be able to recover if gets hit by his signature punch. However, Rolando Romero has his own style as well, he cannot be understimate but IMO, the better fight here is Davis and he'll win the fight.

What makes Gervonta great in this matchup is the quality of fighters he fought against Romero's resume I don't think he fought quality fighters like Sta Cruz or Barrios, Romero doesn't have big names yet now he is fighting a real big one he's lucky if he wins this fight, Gervonta is the big fighter that he'll face for the first time in his young career.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
Another video I uncovered, sparring session between Rolando Romero and Ryan Garcia,

No doubt that this kid has a bright future in boxing, this video is 4 years old, pre-pandemic. We don't know how much Rolly has improved, but Davis is on another level, more polished and technical boxer than Rolly. You can see the Ryan keeps tagging him with that left hook, but he keeps on coming back. Not sure though if Davis tags him with a powerful left, he might go down.

They are wearing protective gears we have no way of knowing if he can take a punch from a guy who has power on both hands, it's very different wearing when you are wearing protective gear than when you are in a real fight inside the ring, Devonta can floor anyone with just a jab, Romero will pay all the disrespect that he's been giving to Gervonta come fight night.

Well you can see him always adjusting when Ryan his him with that left hook, it means he is somewhat bothered by the punch, maybe he got sting a bit. Definitely, it's different when you have the protective gear but from the video itself I would say that he is affected by Ryan's power. So just imagine Tank Davis hits him with a left hook square in the chin, it can easily be shattered by the power and he could go down in my opinion.

Sparring sessions are part of the practice only, and there's no way to easily know that a fighter would be as good in the sparring session and in the actual fight. Tank Davis is undefeated and he hits really hard, so I believe no fighter at his weight level would be able to recover if gets hit by his signature punch. However, Rolando Romero has his own style as well, he cannot be understimate but IMO, the better fight here is Davis and he'll win the fight.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory

He might be slow but he has the power, that's already enough on why this fight is very exciting although some believe that Davis would easily beat Romero in this fight. I guess this will be a battle of real warriors as Romero is also confident that he could knock out Davis, so both fighters will show their aggressive boxing and that will entertain the fans on this fight.

Aggressiveness is not the key on this fight Gervonta has shown patience on all his fight he waits for his opponent to make a mistake and set him up for a huge knock out on his fight against Barrios, Barrios has the height and reach advantage but unfortunately, Gervonta needs to connect one punch to disrupt Barrios strategy, that what's likely to happen in this fight, this fight will only improve Gervonta's record.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

Well, Romero can't be so open like that when facing against Gervonta because he's most probably going to hit the canvass as for sure Gervonta has a much poweful jab than Garcia's.
That video was 4 years ago anyway, he could've improved this year already, but then again as @Baofeng said, Gervonta is on another level. It would be Rolly's biggest achievement If he can beat Gervonta.

Romero is slow, yes he has the power, but you can see that he needs to pull his trigger first before launching it. As compare to Garcia, who is ready anytime to throw that left hook. So if he is facing a fighter that is much faster than Davis, then he will be tag all night long. I agree that we can see the difference, Gervonta is on another level, elite and only few in the division that can much his speed and power.

He might be slow but he has the power, that's already enough on why this fight is very exciting although some believe that Davis would easily beat Romero in this fight. I guess this will be a battle of real warriors as Romero is also confident that he could knock out Davis, so both fighters will show their aggressive boxing and that will entertain the fans on this fight.
Merit: 546

Well, Romero can't be so open like that when facing against Gervonta because he's most probably going to hit the canvass as for sure Gervonta has a much poweful jab than Garcia's.
That video was 4 years ago anyway, he could've improved this year already, but then again as @Baofeng said, Gervonta is on another level. It would be Rolly's biggest achievement If he can beat Gervonta.

Romero is slow, yes he has the power, but you can see that he needs to pull his trigger first before launching it. As compare to Garcia, who is ready anytime to throw that left hook. So if he is facing a fighter that is much faster than Davis, then he will be tag all night long. I agree that we can see the difference, Gervonta is on another level, elite and only few in the division that can much his speed and power.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

Pages:
Jump to: