Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing]: Haney vs Linares - May 29 - page 6. (Read 852 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
April 07, 2021, 10:49:21 PM
I'm thinking that my money would go for Linares. An old man, yes, 13 years Haney's senior as a matter of fact, but I think he's still got the power in him. He's past his prime, no doubt about it, but so is Haney not yet thoroughly tested inside the ring. He's got a UD against the older and fading Yuriorkis. So I wouldn't consider it a test in his career.
Even if the tiger is old, if you let your guard down, you will end up getting killed. Linares besides being older than Haney is more experienced than Haney which means that Linares has his ways to destroy Haney even if Haney is younger than him, you are right that it is going to be a challenging fight for him but I am rooting for Linares in this match.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
April 07, 2021, 10:00:43 PM
I might be thinking that this could be a tailor made fight for Haney. It will be really good if he could get a win and put Linares in his resume. Linares is good but it has shown one weaknesses, that is body shot. He could start good early, but most of his losses was due to gassing out from body shot.

I think Haney have seen the blue print on how to beat Linares. Jorge doesn't have the chin anymore, he was drop 3 times by Cesar Cano in the first round and lost that fight via stoppage (although that fight is 140 lbs).
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
April 07, 2021, 09:42:23 PM
A little brain teaser between Haney vs Linares.

Haney= (The Dream)
America: total matches: 25, Haven't lost for now, relatively young age: 22 years, Ever: won the boxing world champion in 2019.
Impressive.

Linares= (The Golden Boy)
Venezuela: 52 overall matches, with 5 defeats, age: 35, spent career in junior championships.

From both Careers between: (The Dream vs The Golden Boy) in boxing, full of question marks..... Huh

One young, the other one is aged / advanced, 22-35, 13 years difference, very different ages, however, I predict Haney vs Linares this time and face to face this time is not highlighted by the age factor, Or expertise, experience etc., both of them have it all.

My belief this time is based on physical factors in the match and fighting for the champion this time, I'm not saying X won or Z won, I saw May 29 in the ring.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
April 07, 2021, 09:07:29 PM
I'm thinking that my money would go for Linares. An old man, yes, 13 years Haney's senior as a matter of fact, but I think he's still got the power in him. He's past his prime, no doubt about it, but so is Haney not yet thoroughly tested inside the ring. He's got a UD against the older and fading Yuriorkis. So I wouldn't consider it a test in his career.

This is going to be Haney's most challenging fight so far in his entire career. That's why with odds of 1/8 or at least -800 as per bet365, I think that's too high and simply not worth it. Linares' 9/2 or +450 seems more interesting to me.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
April 07, 2021, 08:41:09 PM
I agree that this is an acid test for Haney, amongst the 4 kings, (Lopez, Garcia, and Davis) he is the weakest I should say as he doesn't have a decent knock out power compared to the three. And Linares is very durable so I'm not sure if he can hurt him. Although he is very much older and probably he is damage good already. But he can still pull an upset here, just saying.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
April 07, 2021, 07:48:04 PM
Devin Haney vs Jorge Linares May 29

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/3/31/22360821/devin-haney-vs-jorge-linares-official-may-29-las-vegas-dazn-boxing-news-2021

So it's now official, Haney will be facing Linares for his WBC Lightweight title. This is going to be an exciting and close fight. Linares gave Loma all he can take and even score a flash knock down, and obviously he has the experienced in this fight. So Haney will be tested here for sure, but I think he can adjust and will probably win by decision here.

I'm expecting a very close odds here, although there is none yet for now, Haney might be slight favourite and ML might be good to bet here.
Pages:
Jump to: