Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Inoue vs Tapales for Unified Super Bantamweight Title - December 26 - page 10. (Read 5004 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
It looks like the fight between those two is a match, but I bet on Inoue there, because I see more strong potentials that he will win over his opponent. Although I'm not saying that he will compete against a weak opponent.

Since Inoue easily beat Donaire in their 2nd fight and clearly he has improved a lot in that fight and also visible in his last fight as well, the fans have no confidence in Tapales anymore and this should be his main motivation to excel in his training and surprise everyone that underestimate him. Though it's hard to believe that he can actually beat Inoue, he has the chance and it could be his way to have another fight against him and it will surely be a great benefit for him because of the huge payment they will get. This should be his aspiration for his determination to win this fight is really needed.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
Right, but there are boxers who might slack in training as well because they are over confident and that's why we have seen upsets do really happen in boxing. So if you really have the talent and then add that the mentality of a champion by training harder, then you can accomplished a lot of things.

Not just in boxing though, like in basketball for instance, Kobe's mamba mentality, and then you can't out train him. We have heard stories about how Kobe trains so hard that non one can matches him. It doesn't mean that he needs to overtrain train though, just enough to peak his body and mind during the fight day.

I guess boxers don't follow the same routine all the time; it always depends on their opponent as they have a specific strategy to use against a certain opponent. And as we all know, Inoue is currently the best in this division, and even in the lower division where he left after unifying the belts. So, you can tell that it's a big challenge for Tapales, and he also sees this as an opportunity to make a name in boxing. To make that happen, he needs to use his A-game strategy here.

Kobe is different, though, as he is already one of the hall of famers in boxing, at least in the top 5, while Inoue isn't even in the top 10 list yet of the best of all time in boxing. And in terms of training or work ethic, it could be different as they're in different sports.

It looks like the fight between those two is a match, but I bet on Inoue there, because I see more strong potentials that he will win over his opponent. Although I'm not saying that he will compete against a weak opponent.
Both are strong but we are looking unto who is stronger between the two and Inoue won that without a question.
however, real fight could be different as you know, upset could happen regardless on where this fight is held. Tapales could win by KO as he also got power, he just have to time Inoue well and throw that clean counter punch, for sure Inoue will be hurt and might not recover.

We are talking of one side here, if Tapales will lose, however, mostly what people would see is what happened a lot in the past,  and Inoue hasn't experience a loss yet.

Inoue's opponent might just make a wrong move and I'm sure the consequences will be KO, but just a little mistake by Inoue can suddenly reverse the situation and he will be the one to lose. Because his opponent will not have a belt if he is not strong.

That's why both are very careful as both are aware they have the power to KO an opponent.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
Right, but there are boxers who might slack in training as well because they are over confident and that's why we have seen upsets do really happen in boxing. So if you really have the talent and then add that the mentality of a champion by training harder, then you can accomplished a lot of things.

Not just in boxing though, like in basketball for instance, Kobe's mamba mentality, and then you can't out train him. We have heard stories about how Kobe trains so hard that non one can matches him. It doesn't mean that he needs to overtrain train though, just enough to peak his body and mind during the fight day.

I guess boxers don't follow the same routine all the time; it always depends on their opponent as they have a specific strategy to use against a certain opponent. And as we all know, Inoue is currently the best in this division, and even in the lower division where he left after unifying the belts. So, you can tell that it's a big challenge for Tapales, and he also sees this as an opportunity to make a name in boxing. To make that happen, he needs to use his A-game strategy here.

Kobe is different, though, as he is already one of the hall of famers in boxing, at least in the top 5, while Inoue isn't even in the top 10 list yet of the best of all time in boxing. And in terms of training or work ethic, it could be different as they're in different sports.

Inoue's opponent might just make a wrong move and I'm sure the consequences will be KO, but just a little mistake by Inoue can suddenly reverse the situation and he will be the one to lose. Because his opponent will not have a belt if he is not strong.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
Of course, he needs to train harder, if that is what you mean, Tapales has been in a lot of tougher fights though, and I think some of us here might not heard of him until he make that upset and win the other 2 belts that Inoue needed.
I think all boxers considered all their fights tough the reason why they are training hard to win the fight.
We can only compare have more quality fights, and I think on that matter Inoue is ahead, because he won many division than Tapales.
Actually, Tapales name just came out, became popular because he fought Inoue, when he won the championshiop, nobody is talking about him.

And I do agree, training is going to very hard for him, and his trainer could have been pushing him to give more than 100% in training because he will need it in the actual fight. Sparring with bigger opponents or at least with good and solid punch to measure himself against the power of Inoue.

He doesn't need to overtrained, he had his own style, as long as he'll be able to initiate it, he should be able to give Inoue a good fight.
As to winning, that's another story.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
Of course, he needs to train harder, if that is what you mean, Tapales has been in a lot of tougher fights though, and I think some of us here might not heard of him until he make that upset and win the other 2 belts that Inoue needed.
I think all boxers considered all their fights tough the reason why they are training hard to win the fight.
We can only compare have more quality fights, and I think on that matter Inoue is ahead, because he won many division than Tapales.
Actually, Tapales name just came out, became popular because he fought Inoue, when he won the championshiop, nobody is talking about him.

And I do agree, training is going to very hard for him, and his trainer could have been pushing him to give more than 100% in training because he will need it in the actual fight. Sparring with bigger opponents or at least with good and solid punch to measure himself against the power of Inoue.

He doesn't need to overtrained, he had his own style, as long as he'll be able to initiate it, he should be able to give Inoue a good fight.
As to winning, that's another story.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
This fight is fast approaching. We are only 22 days before this fight happens.

Just like on that poster/member above, i do also believe that there might be some upset of this upcoming match.
Im not that into those final words in regarding about winning but basing up on Tapales sparing partner.

“He is in very good condition,” Estrada said to GMA News. “His punches surprised me because speed and power are there. Nothing is impossible if [Inoue] brawls with Tapales. But even if they finish the rounds (and go the distance) I would still go with Tapales because he never lets up, punches a lot, closes the distance, and he is aggressive. I do not believe the people who say that [Tapales has no chance against Inoue] because he is a two-division champion and he is training hard. He is preparing hard and [is] ready to fight. From what I experienced in sparring, he is very strong.”

Source: Marlon Tapales Sparring Partner Estrada Says Tapales Has Great Shot At Beating Inoue: “He Never Lets Up” - Boxing News (https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/marlon-tapales-sparring/271422)

Preparation is intense and he do really knows on whats stake on here.

He need to practice a lot since he's opponent is much stronger than him, also many people doesn't believe that he can defeat Inoue so he should make it as strong motivation to continue. If he successfully win against Inoue for sure this will shut up those people think he automatically lose against Inoue. This is god fight to watch since both of them showing some spirit and there are local media starting to build up some hype for Tapales so let see how far he could go with this big challenge of his career.

For what we see on footage online we can see that Tapales is really on good condition and that is really a great sign that he can able to defeat Inoue so I'm thinking to bet some for him knowing how huge the possible return to get if he win.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 363

Just like on that poster/member above, i do also believe that there might be some upset of this upcoming match.
Im not that into those final words in regarding about winning but basing up on Tapales sparing partner.

“He is in very good condition,” Estrada said to GMA News. “His punches surprised me because speed and power are there. Nothing is impossible if [Inoue] brawls with Tapales. But even if they finish the rounds (and go the distance) I would still go with Tapales because he never lets up, punches a lot, closes the distance, and he is aggressive. I do not believe the people who say that [Tapales has no chance against Inoue] because he is a two-division champion and he is training hard. He is preparing hard and [is] ready to fight. From what I experienced in sparring, he is very strong.”

Source: Marlon Tapales Sparring Partner Estrada Says Tapales Has Great Shot At Beating Inoue: “He Never Lets Up” - Boxing News (https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/marlon-tapales-sparring/271422)

He need to practice a lot since he's opponent is much stronger than him, also many people doesn't believe that he can defeat Inoue so he should make it as strong motivation to continue. If he successfully win against Inoue for sure this will shut up those people think he automatically lose against Inoue. This is god fight to watch since both of them showing some spirit and there are local media starting to build up some hype for Tapales so let see how far he could go with this big challenge of his career.

For what we see on footage online we can see that Tapales is really on good condition and that is really a great sign that he can able to defeat Inoue so I'm thinking to bet some for him knowing how huge the possible return to get if he win.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
~snip~
Is this only hype? I ask because Filipino fighters are not known to hype themselves or their fellow fighters.

The statement favoring Tapales over Inoue is from a Filipino sparmate, what would you expect to hear?

He probably is telling the truth but might be bias, maybe we can evaluate his statement if he had also spar with Inoue as he can tell the difference on who is the better fighter between the two.

Regarding the "hype"... maybe on some but not on most fans as Tapales is not relatively popular, even in PH.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
We can hear lots of positive remarks from both camps, but we know the real battle is on the ring, and it's been Inoue that has proven many times that he doesn't struggle, instead he looks so superior, so I'm hoping it will not be the case against Tapales.

That's the truth, even with the positive news were heared from the camp of Tapales, bookies doesn't care at all as Tapales still remains as the huge underdog despite he's all a champion. Judging on the betting odds, this looks like Tapales is just a mandatory opponent (challenger) and Inoue's been consistently protecting his belt.

All we can do is just hope that the unexpected thing will happen, as that's the only way Tapales could win.

No offense to the fans.....

Yeah, if we going to base it the right way, it is Tapales who own more belts compared to Inoue who just went up to this division and
snatch a belt from a division champ.

and like what you mentioned, even how many good things we might heard from Tapales side, but bookies will just ignore that continue to keep
that confidence for Inoue as a heavy favorite.

We will see if how both prepared for this upcoming fight when they already showcasing their skills inside the ring.
People do really forget on what Tapales is and on what are the belts that he do have.He wont be called a champion for nothing, it is really just that people or fans are really that
focusing too much with Inoue which they do even forgot that Tapales does have a good shot on winning up this fight if he had find up some ways on trying to sustain Inoue's powerblows.
They are really that underestimating too much Tapales capability knowing that he's a champion too and he wont really be reaching out that state on nothing.
This is why its not bad to throw up some bucks on Tapales and getting those nasty odds.

Not bad if you got that spare and that willingness to take the risk, I think there are still gamblers who will do this people who knows
how risky it is in taking side with a heavy underdog.

Tapales is a champ as we all know that but the thing here is Inoue's name is still hot and fans most of them will continue to keep that hype.

Believing that Inoue's chance of winning will continue to dominate here and will bring them sweet result.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
We can hear lots of positive remarks from both camps, but we know the real battle is on the ring, and it's been Inoue that has proven many times that he doesn't struggle, instead he looks so superior, so I'm hoping it will not be the case against Tapales.

That's the truth, even with the positive news were heared from the camp of Tapales, bookies doesn't care at all as Tapales still remains as the huge underdog despite he's all a champion. Judging on the betting odds, this looks like Tapales is just a mandatory opponent (challenger) and Inoue's been consistently protecting his belt.

All we can do is just hope that the unexpected thing will happen, as that's the only way Tapales could win.

Yeah, if we going to base it the right way, it is Tapales who own more belts compared to Inoue who just went up to this division and

and like what you mentioned, even how many good things we might heard from Tapales side, but bookies will just ignore that continue to keep

We will see if how both prepared for this upcoming fight when they already showcasing their skills inside the ring.
People do really forget on what Tapales is and on what are the belts that he do have.He wont be called a champion for nothing, it is really just that people or fans are really that
focusing too much with Inoue which they do even forgot that Tapales does have a good shot on winning up this fight if he had find up some ways on trying to sustain Inoue's powerblows.
They are really that underestimating too much Tapales capability knowing that he's a champion too and he wont really be reaching out that state on nothing.
This is why its not bad to throw up some bucks on Tapales and getting those nasty odds.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
One month before the fight, here is the official poster,

However, I don't the video promotion though, there's no highlight for Tapales, he was just shown briefly when he steps on the ring after Inoue defeated Fulton.

Top Rank should have done better than this, https://twitter.com/trboxing/status/1729289372305084627

I cannot believe this fight has less than 1 month of waiting! Does anyone have news updates, articles of boxing analysts and promotional videos? Also, are there videos of their training sessions? I reckon Marlon might be training more for stamina and he might have a style that will take him to a decision very much similar to Nonito Donaire hehe. I am a fan of Inoue, however, I want to watch a thrilling fight between these 2 champions. Also if anyone has observed from my posts, I also like underdogs hehehehe.

Unfortunately, not much of a video coming from Tapales camp, in any case, here is one,

https://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/11/30/23/boxing-marlon-tapales-on-the-verge-of-making-history

It's from a local tv station from the Philippines. Yeah, for sure, who wouldn't love the underdogs? we've seen great live underdogs in the past and betting on them is a huge risk, but for guys like you, it's going to be worth taking that risk, hehehe.

I am not yet sure if I will bet on Marlon Tapales because Inoue's boxing dominance is clearly only beginning hehe. However, I reckon within 10 years if Inoue still active and a young and hungry fighter moves up in the sport of boxing, this might be the right time to start betting against him. A storyline that will be something similar to Barrera vs. Pacman hehehe.

That's still a long way to go though, 10 years of pure dominance, I don't know if there will be such fighter to do that. Only fighter we have seen is Manny, although he has lost along the way but dominated boxing in different era.

But obviously, it's a cycle, when the great are already in a decline, sooner or later there will be young fighters that are going to move up and beat them. Just like what Manny did to Barrera and so other many great fighters, as if passing the torch to them.

Similar to what I have said there is usually a younger fighter who will takeover and take the crown of the older fighter. But there are exceptional cases like Floyd Mayweather. However, Floyd is smart with his money, this is why he can avoid the fights that will put his undefeated record at risk.

I reckon a fighter presently who might be a victim of the news throwing out the old is Canelo. Benavidez will certainly come for him hehehe.

In any case, on Maron. I read this news update and it appears that his sparring partner thinks that Marlon might be very underestimated.

Fellow Filipino Jonjon Estrada, who has sparred some torrid sessions with Tapales, is picking his countryman to get the win next month, either by KO or by decision. “He is in very good condition,” Estrada said to GMA News. “His punches surprised me because speed and power are there. Nothing is impossible if [Inoue] brawls with Tapales. But even if they finish the rounds (and go the distance) I would still go with Tapales because he never lets up, punches a lot, closes the distance, and he is aggressive. I do not believe the people who say that [Tapales has no chance against Inoue] because he is a two-division champion and he is training hard. He is preparing hard and [is] ready to fight. From what I experienced in sparring, he is very strong.”

Source https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/marlon-tapales-sparring/271422

Is this only hype? I ask because Filipino fighters are not known to hype themselves or their fellow fighters.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
I don't know why people think about Tapales don't have any chance to win against Inoue.
~snip~

It's very obvious mate, Inoue is a very popular boxer, he is a superstar and a Hero in Japan, do you think people will ever think Tapales has a good chance of beating Inoue? People just follow the trend, and who is most popular in boxing, it so happen that Inoue's living in a hype now, so his name is huge while Tapales just became a champion due to an upset win, so it's hard to expect that it will happen twice, not against Inoue.. At least that's what they believe, so it's up to us what we believe but if we bet, the better as that will say we put our money where our mouth is.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

I am also giving Tapales a chance. He is indeed a 2 division champion and most people have no idea about it. Tapales also stopped 9 of his last 10 wins so his power is underrated. But of course, Inoue knows all of this. Inoue is not just all about power and skills, he's got a high IQ and doesn't underestimate opponents which is why he is at the top. So I doubt Inoue will brawl unless he feels and is not hurt by Tapales' power punches.

As for Estrada's other assessments, like Tapales' strength and condition, they may not be a good basis because he is not a world-class fighter and has no experience at that level which is why he was surprised.

It's still good to hear this kind of news though, it kinda hyping Tapales a bit and most of the Filipino fans does not know him, so with this kind of updates from his camp, slowly they will be convince that Tapales has a decent chance of winning against the monster Inoue.

I don't know why people think about Tapales don't have any chance to win against Inoue. Tapales is champion and he will not in that status if he's weak opponent and for sure he can also bring a good fight against Inoue so chances is really there to win. The one he need is to sustain he's stamina since if he can able to last against Inoue at 12 round then provably he has a chance to win against the Japanese monster.

Tapales need to strengthen up his upper body  strength so that he can last on their fight since usually Inoue attacks the body of his opponent. But I know he and his coach have a game plan so lets see the next chapter here if Tapales could really win against Inoue since if he deafeat him this maybe the biggest win he can get on his career.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1290
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Yes, definitely sport bookies or at least odd makers are not concern about the news of the certain boxers training very hard and what his motivation for it or he could pull an upset. They make this odds based on what they see, what the numbers are, their previous opponents, knockout percentage and any other factors that they look at before listing the odds and then sports bookies gonna get it to be uniform across sports bookies (usually it will come to odd makers in Las Vegas).

But as sports bettors, it's up to us where our money will go. If we see that there is a possibility that Tapales, due to his training and mentality can win and then as fan, then our money goes to him.

There's no factor that would affect a change of odds, at least on the news that we've read. Both are training hard to win, it's just that Inoue is more popular, actually a superstar and he has the edge since this fight is on his home town, where you know, judges decision could be influence especially if Tapales won't be able to score a KO.

@carlisle1 - both have 2 belts, Inoue owns the WBO and WBC super bantamweight belts, while Marlon has the WBA and IBF champion.

Yeah true, that's why the winner will become an undisputed champion.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

Yes, definitely sport bookies or at least odd makers are not concern about the news of the certain boxers training very hard and what his motivation for it or he could pull an upset. They make this odds based on what they see, what the numbers are, their previous opponents, knockout percentage and any other factors that they look at before listing the odds and then sports bookies gonna get it to be uniform across sports bookies (usually it will come to odd makers in Las Vegas).

But as sports bettors, it's up to us where our money will go. If we see that there is a possibility that Tapales, due to his training and mentality can win and then as fan, then our money goes to him.

@carlisle1 - both have 2 belts, Inoue owns the WBO and WBC super bantamweight belts, while Marlon has the WBA and IBF champion.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1290
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Activity: 2856
Merit: 604

I am also giving Tapales a chance. He is indeed a 2 division champion and most people have no idea about it. Tapales also stopped 9 of his last 10 wins so his power is underrated. But of course, Inoue knows all of this. Inoue is not just all about power and skills, he's got a high IQ and doesn't underestimate opponents which is why he is at the top. So I doubt Inoue will brawl unless he feels and is not hurt by Tapales' power punches.

As for Estrada's other assessments, like Tapales' strength and condition, they may not be a good basis because he is not a world-class fighter and has no experience at that level which is why he was surprised.

It's still good to hear this kind of news though, it kinda hyping Tapales a bit and most of the Filipino fans does not know him, so with this kind of updates from his camp, slowly they will be convince that Tapales has a decent chance of winning against the monster Inoue.

Activity: 1778
Merit: 598
The Martian Child

Pages:
Jump to: