Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue | WBC & WBO 122 lbs bout | July 25 - page 24. (Read 7043 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
^^ Yes, I also don't think that he can go as high as featherweight and that's it. And it's hard to duplicate what Manny did in his career, and we might not see that happening in boxing.

Going to 122 lbs might not be a big challenge for Inoue now, as he is about to hit his prime. But if he continue to go up, it's going to be a different story, natural featherweight boxer might give him problems even if he can carry his power to that division. So imagine him and Rey Vargas in the ring, or any other featherweight champion.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
I think it is early for Inoue to leave this division directly because even if we say that they will plan for a unification fight after this against Marlon Tapales and will be successful. Bob Arum will take the advantage first to milk this division while there are still some boxers who are willing to fight his cow but talking about business, I guess Inoue will face some mandatory and other title defense first before unifying the belts as that is his closing move.

As far as I know, Inoue is worry about the effectiveness of his punches in this division and also worried whether he can withstand the blows of his opponent.  Even though he is a monster, going up in a division means his upcoming opponent will have a better resistance and heavier punches so I think he will make himself familiar in the division and at the same time aim for another unification against Tapales if ever he beat Fulton.  Even after he get his goal, I think Inoue will be hesitant to move up that fast because of that worries.

I believe Inoue has high possibility of unifying all the belts and maybe rewarded as the first one (if I am not mistaken) to conquer 2 division as undisputed champion. 

Why people is really trying out to compare Inoue on Manny Pacquiao? Well we do know that there are other boxers who do almost reach out Pacquiaos record
Here's the list https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/top-5-boxers-with-most-division-titles-bm05/

Oscar Dela Hoya - 6
Mayweather -5
and there's some other names..

Which means reaching out is really just that too far off and considering on how far to those boxers above mentioned then it would be never an easy journey
but lets see on how he would really be able to reach up those divisions which we know that it isnt really that nearly impossible considering that Inoue
isnt really that old. There's still soo much space for him to move around and able to reach up if ever he do have the plans.

I read in an article that Inoue stated that he won't be going up to welterweight Division and at most he can be is on Featherweight Division.

"I can go as far as featherweight," the fighter has said.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
It's too early to see him going belt after belt here, if he wins here, he should be defending it against the rank fighter in his organization. He really need to test other boxers too before unifying it unlike in the bantamweight division wherein most of the belts he won because there is a tournament that time and he face most of the champion in the WBSS.

For let's say Naoya Inoue wins over Stephen Fulton and successfully grabs the WBC and WBO Super Bantamweight title, and knowing Bob Arum's play, he might think that his Inoue won't face any risks if he goes straight unifying the belts at the 122 lbs division without having a mandatory title defense. I'm referring to Inoue facing the new counterpart champion, Marlon Tapales. Or on the other hand, if pure business will apply, Inoue might fight a series of title defenses before unifying, to maximize the revenue potential, I guess.

Later on, unification will follow and if wins, no more business needed to be settled at the 122, Inoue might move up to 126 as a Featherweight.

Just a possible view of his timeline as no doubt, Inoue can really even move up to 126 for a year or two smoothly without a problem.

Definitely, Inoue might move up again after dominating the super bantamweight division. As reported, it is said that there's not a lot of money in lower divisions. Therefore, Inoue will likely try to pursue a higher division where he can maximize his profits using his popularity. Many people say that Inoue might be the next Manny Pacquiao, and I agree with that, as long as he does not waste a lot of time staying in one division where he has already dominated.

Same with how I see this, Inoue and his camp are really aiming to keep moving up.

With the hype of his name and with the capabilities that he got, it's possible to be the next Pacman.
He's fighting capabilities and his power combinations something that fans really love following.

He can move from division to another and collect more money. That's something every boxer really
aims to achieve aside from the fame they also aiming to collect more money while they are still young
and capable to continue fighting.

Still too early to even discuss that, I know that he does have chances but imagining that Naoya Inoue reaching the welterweight is quite too much at this point. Super-bantamweight is his 4th division and if he will successfully claim a belt, he will be a 4-Division World Champion and that's a halfway already from Pacquiao's 8-Division but just like what I've said, it's quite premature to discuss that at this point. Let's just enjoy Inoue's journey in this industry and bet on him if we can on his fight.
Why people is really trying out to compare Inoue on Manny Pacquiao? Well we do know that there are other boxers who do almost reach out Pacquiaos record
Here's the list https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/top-5-boxers-with-most-division-titles-bm05/

Oscar Dela Hoya - 6
Mayweather -5
and there's some other names..

Which means reaching out is really just that too far off and considering on how far to those boxers above mentioned then it would be never an easy journey
but lets see on how he would really be able to reach up those divisions which we know that it isnt really that nearly impossible considering that Inoue
isnt really that old. There's still soo much space for him to move around and able to reach up if ever he do have the plans.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
It's too early to see him going belt after belt here, if he wins here, he should be defending it against the rank fighter in his organization. He really need to test other boxers too before unifying it unlike in the bantamweight division wherein most of the belts he won because there is a tournament that time and he face most of the champion in the WBSS.

For let's say Naoya Inoue wins over Stephen Fulton and successfully grabs the WBC and WBO Super Bantamweight title, and knowing Bob Arum's play, he might think that his Inoue won't face any risks if he goes straight unifying the belts at the 122 lbs division without having a mandatory title defense. I'm referring to Inoue facing the new counterpart champion, Marlon Tapales. Or on the other hand, if pure business will apply, Inoue might fight a series of title defenses before unifying, to maximize the revenue potential, I guess.

Later on, unification will follow and if wins, no more business needed to be settled at the 122, Inoue might move up to 126 as a Featherweight.

Just a possible view of his timeline as no doubt, Inoue can really even move up to 126 for a year or two smoothly without a problem.

I think it is early for Inoue to leave this division directly because even if we say that they will plan for a unification fight after this against Marlon Tapales and will be successful. Bob Arum will take the advantage first to milk this division while there are still some boxers who are willing to fight his cow but talking about business, I guess Inoue will face some mandatory and other title defense first before unifying the belts as that is his closing move.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

Definitely, Inoue might move up again after dominating the super bantamweight division. As reported, it is said that there's not a lot of money in lower divisions. Therefore, Inoue will likely try to pursue a higher division where he can maximize his profits using his popularity. Many people say that Inoue might be the next Manny Pacquiao, and I agree with that, as long as he does not waste a lot of time staying in one division where he has already dominated.

Same with how I see this, Inoue and his camp are really aiming to keep moving up.

With the hype of his name and with the capabilities that he got, it's possible to be the next Pacman.
He's fighting capabilities and his power combinations something that fans really love following.

He can move from division to another and collect more money. That's something every boxer really
aims to achieve aside from the fame they also aiming to collect more money while they are still young

Still too early to even discuss that, I know that he does have chances but imagining that Naoya Inoue reaching the welterweight is quite too much at this point. Super-bantamweight is his 4th division and if he will successfully claim a belt, he will be a 4-Division World Champion and that's a halfway already from Pacquiao's 8-Division but just like what I've said, it's quite premature to discuss that at this point. Let's just enjoy Inoue's journey in this industry and bet on him if we can on his fight.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Activity: 2856
Merit: 673

It's really depends on how his body will respond to moving up in weight, I think in 126 lbs it will be a big challenge for him so not sure if he can go as high as 130-135 lbs and I don't think he can reach what Manny did before.
Let's take it one step at a time. In my opinion, the featherweight division is the maximum weight class where he can still carry his power and speed effectively. However, he is still far from the current division's top fighters. He needs to defeat the champion and overcome other challenges before fighting in a unification and undisputed bout.
Although again he is with Top Rank, and they have the experience how to hype and bring someone to be the next Pacman from Asia. So let's see if he can dominate Fulton in his new weight class and take his belt away.
As I said earlier, let's take it one step at a time. Winning against Fulton should be his primary goal, and if he does so impressively, there's no doubt that he can continue to move up to higher weight classes.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 542

It's really depends on how his body will respond to moving up in weight, I think in 126 lbs it will be a big challenge for him so not sure if he can go as high as 130-135 lbs and I don't think he can reach what Manny did before.

Although again he is with Top Rank, and they have the experience how to hype and bring someone to be the next Pacman from Asia. So let's see if he can dominate Fulton in his new weight class and take his belt away.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

It's aggressive but we do understand where he is coming from, or at least what the boxing body stance is. Inoue has unified all the belts in 118 lbs, meaning he has no challenges already he clean it up and almost knock out everyone.

So in a sense he is above all those 118 lbs and maybe Inoue and his handlers knows that 122 lbs might be the same for the monster. And so the governing body simply allow him as a bonus for being a unified champion to fight the next available champion in the new division with is Stephen Fulton. And he accepted it right away so it's going to be a big acid test for Inoue if he can still climb and dominate the super bantamweight just like what he did at 118 lbs.

If we look at Inoue's achievements, winning here should not be hard as the weight increase is quite minimal. Going from 118 lbs to 122 lbs is not that far, and anyone can do that without compromising their power. Just like Casimero, we've seen how powerful he is is in this weight class, so I expect the same from Inoue.

I know everyone is already anticipating the fight, but we should be patient as Inoue will make sure he is 100% ready once the fight happens.

Indeed, Inoue should not have any problem after jumping to this new weight class, not by far from his previous division
and if analysing the capability, he's not going to have a hard time.

Though we also need to consider the class of those opponents from this division, especially the current champ, who also have the good records to defend.

Let see how both fighters will entertain their fans and who's going to dominate from one another.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683

If I'm not mistaken, he said that he will go up as high as 126 lbs or even higher if his body can take it. So this is going to be good test for him. I do agree that it's just 4 lbs from his previous weight class, so there should not be a problem for him. So it's going to be either he can bring his power or even more powerful in this division because of the added weight, or suddenly his power is not there.

Neither he do have the plans on unifying those belts or not then it would really be depending or basing on whats up into their minds because moving up is something that would really be needing to achieve something on a certain division or simply would be staying for a while and not really just that beating up a belt holder. Of course there would really be belt defense to happen as those low ranking would really be
aiming to get the belt.

On the time that he would be able to prove out that he could able to have that numerous title defenses on a certain division then it would be not surprising if he would be climbing one step on the ladder.
This is where he would definitely be aiming but for now, he would still need to take that first step against Fulton. Lets see on how his add up weight could neither having an effect
on him or wont really be that much an issue at all.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Now that this fight is already that finalized since Inoue is really that healing up, lets just hope that there would be no further accidents happen to make it postponed once again.

I think there would be no other postponement if the reason will be on Naoya Inoue's side again. Stephen Fulton might not want to wait again for another extension since he's now inactive in the ring for almost a year. On the other hand, if the reason for the postponement is because of Fulton, that's the time we can expect another postponement, and this time, Inoue will have to wait.

But finger-crossed, let's hope that any reasons leading for the postponement of the fight will not happen.

We want this fight to happen on the scheduled date with no interruptions or delays. Not just it kills the excitement of the boxing community but these boxers are also following their respective roadmap and the delay of their scheduled fight will ruin it.
Yes, i do agree! The thing should really be having on their mind is to take care of their bodies while they are having that training because if there would be an another injury incident then it would really be slowing or disrupting out their roadmap and being inactive for a year isnt really that something looks good specially for Fulton which same as you said which its definitely on point.

Speaking about hype and interest, then we boxing fans specially on Inoue is really that rooting for this fight to happen, not only just seeing Inoue on a higher division but we do love to see on how
he would handle out on fighting the best boxer or fighter on this division. It might be a little bit in rush on going for the belt directly without in going in line with those
lower rank but directly going to the belt holder. lol. A really aggressive approach i would say.

It's aggressive but we do understand where he is coming from, or at least what the boxing body stance is. Inoue has unified all the belts in 118 lbs, meaning he has no challenges already he clean it up and almost knock out everyone.

So in a sense he is above all those 118 lbs and maybe Inoue and his handlers knows that 122 lbs might be the same for the monster. And so the governing body simply allow him as a bonus for being a unified champion to fight the next available champion in the new division with is Stephen Fulton. And he accepted it right away so it's going to be a big acid test for Inoue if he can still climb and dominate the super bantamweight just like what he did at 118 lbs.
It makes sense on climbing up the ladder because any athlete or fighter would really be hungry for the glory and popularity on which it would really be normal that they would really be testing out on higher division. Whats the point on staying up on a place on which you do know that you've been dominating? Of course you would  really be thinking on going up on the ladder and would be facing out those
who are really that in higher division which it does make sense. If they do target out that belt holder of that next high weight division then i could really say its an aggressive approach but well
they wont really be making out such decision if they do saw that they would be at great disadvantage.

If ever Inoue could pull this one off without any problems or hiccups then it would be not shocking that he would unify all the belts on this new division and wont be shocking
if he would be deciding to go up another weight division. Lets see on how his journey would really be looks like if he would be ever dominates this side.

If I'm not mistaken, he said that he will go up as high as 126 lbs or even higher if his body can take it. So this is going to be good test for him. I do agree that it's just 4 lbs from his previous weight class, so there should not be a problem for him. So it's going to be either he can bring his power or even more powerful in this division because of the added weight, or suddenly his power is not there.

Now that this fight is already that finalized since Inoue is really that healing up, lets just hope that there would be no further accidents happen to make it postponed once again.

I think there would be no other postponement if the reason will be on Naoya Inoue's side again. Stephen Fulton might not want to wait again for another extension since he's now inactive in the ring for almost a year. On the other hand, if the reason for the postponement is because of Fulton, that's the time we can expect another postponement, and this time, Inoue will have to wait.

But finger-crossed, let's hope that any reasons leading for the postponement of the fight will not happen.

We want this fight to happen on the scheduled date with no interruptions or delays. Not just it kills the excitement of the boxing community but these boxers are also following their respective roadmap and the delay of their scheduled fight will ruin it.
Yes, i do agree! The thing should really be having on their mind is to take care of their bodies while they are having that training because if there would be an another injury incident then it would really be slowing or disrupting out their roadmap and being inactive for a year isnt really that something looks good specially for Fulton which same as you said which its definitely on point.

Speaking about hype and interest, then we boxing fans specially on Inoue is really that rooting for this fight to happen, not only just seeing Inoue on a higher division but we do love to see on how
he would handle out on fighting the best boxer or fighter on this division. It might be a little bit in rush on going for the belt directly without in going in line with those
lower rank but directly going to the belt holder. lol. A really aggressive approach i would say.

It makes sense on climbing up the ladder because any athlete or fighter would really be hungry for the glory and popularity on which it would really be normal that they would really be testing out on higher division. Whats the point on staying up on a place on which you do know that you've been dominating? Of course you would  really be thinking on going up on the ladder and would be facing out those
who are really that in higher division which it does make sense. If they do target out that belt holder of that next high weight division then i could really say its an aggressive approach but well
they wont really be making out such decision if they do saw that they would be at great disadvantage.

If ever Inoue could pull this one off without any problems or hiccups then it would be not shocking that he would unify all the belts on this new division and wont be shocking
if he would be deciding to go up another weight division. Lets see on how his journey would really be looks like if he would be ever dominates this side.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904

If we look at Inoue's achievements, winning here should not be hard as the weight increase is quite minimal. Going from 118 lbs to 122 lbs is not that far, and anyone can do that without compromising their power. Just like Casimero, we've seen how powerful he is is in this weight class, so I expect the same from Inoue.

I know everyone is already anticipating the fight, but we should be patient as Inoue will make sure he is 100% ready once the fight happens.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

It is unfortunate when injuries can do things against us, because looking at it from one point of view, a boxer who has at least one injury is the vulnerability that the other boxer will take advantage of, and that is something that has a high value, for me things They cannot occur that way, I have Practiced this sport, and the worst injury that there can be and that is silent is that of the shoulder, because for me a boxer has the greatest strength there, not in the forearms but in the shoulders,but Whether it's on the wrist or hands, it's more Bearable, but one Shoulder gives everything.

Indeed, an injury will truly affect the movements of a boxer.

even that fighter can endure the pain but the limitations with his capabilities will really compromise, I see your point as you experienced this sport and you understand it well, with that shoulder injuries that you are mentioning I agree with you that it's harder to move if you have that pain, your flexibility can be exposed and your opponents can easily detect that and will take the advantages against you.

Just like what happened to Vasyl Lomachenko, just a few weeks before his fight with Teofimo Lopez, Loma happened to have an injury in his rotator cuff which is situated right on top his shoulder which literally gave him a trouble throwing good punches towards his challenger, Lopez, because having that kind of injury will really give the boxer a hard time for even lifting his arm as that is so painful.

If he didn't got that injury, his upcoming fight with Haney was already finished years ago and we may have known the outcome already because Loma only lacked the WBC which Haney possess at that time.
There's no such a great boxer or any athlete or players when it comes or in talks about injuries. You would definitely be having that disadvantage since you arent really that on tip top shape which it doesnt make

any sense if you would really be pushing forward for a certain fight. Just like on what happened on Inoue did really get that injury, they do immediately postponed it out because its never been that ideal on fighting inside the ring with having those injuries specially if its not really that totally healed up. Also there are other boxers who would really be making out some whining after he lost and telling
those and telling that about his injury which i do see that its a sign of excuse and nonsense reasoning.

Activity: 3052
Merit: 685

It is unfortunate when injuries can do things against us, because looking at it from one point of view, a boxer who has at least one injury is the vulnerability that the other boxer will take advantage of, and that is something that has a high value, for me things They cannot occur that way, I have Practiced this sport, and the worst injury that there can be and that is silent is that of the shoulder, because for me a boxer has the greatest strength there, not in the forearms but in the shoulders,but Whether it's on the wrist or hands, it's more Bearable, but one Shoulder gives everything.

Indeed, an injury will truly affect the movements of a boxer.

even that fighter can endure the pain but the limitations with his capabilities will really compromise, I see your point as you experienced this sport and you understand it well, with that shoulder injuries that you are mentioning I agree with you that it's harder to move if you have that pain, your flexibility can be exposed and your opponents can easily detect that and will take the advantages against you.

Just like what happened to Vasyl Lomachenko, just a few weeks before his fight with Teofimo Lopez, Loma happened to have an injury in his rotator cuff which is situated right on top his shoulder which literally gave him a trouble throwing good punches towards his challenger, Lopez, because having that kind of injury will really give the boxer a hard time for even lifting his arm as that is so painful.

If he didn't got that injury, his upcoming fight with Haney was already finished years ago and we may have known the outcome already because Loma only lacked the WBC which Haney possess at that time.
Pages:
Jump to: