Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue | WBC & WBO 122 lbs bout | July 25 - page 28. (Read 7043 times)

Activity: 3052
Merit: 685

I am also curious if the light-handed Fulton will try to become the aggressor against the heavy-handed speedster just like what he did against Brandon Figueroa.

That would not happen as he understands how powerful Inoue's punches are. If he makes a mistake, he might get knocked out, and that would be embarrassing. No fighter in this division can go toe to toe against Inoue. They should use a strategy where they have an advantage, and it's certainly not becoming the aggressor of the fight.

It's much better for Fulton to observe Inoue first and try his chance to once he feels that he can take Monster's solid combinations.
but being aggressor I think that's not a good idea.

Knowing how solid those punches and how strong Inoue it will be, a fight with good strategy and not just to engage with a toe-to-toe confrontations.

Fulton's camp might study Inoue already and they are preparing for a good plan to execute.

Sometimes though a boxer will have to take a big risk specially facing a big puncher like Inoue, Fulton will have to think that he is the bigger guy as Naoya is the one who is going up in weight and maybe can't take his power. Mentally he has to play this in his mind and who knows, it might be really a good strategy in the beginning for Fulton.

But this fight is 12 rounds, I mean there could be moments that Fulton will have the better of the exchanges and then there will rounds wherein we thought that Inoue will end the fight. But in any case it goes to distance, I think Fulton will have a better chance so score a upset in judges scorecard.

If both fighters will adjust and will not engage that much which I'm not sure if that will happen, especially with Inoue's type
of a fighter. I'm sure he will put something to try engaging Fulton.

But on the other side, I see your point that if Fulton will manage to bring this fight to a scoring decision,
we might see the advantage of the current belt holder.

He might use his experienced not to allow Inoue to box him and will try to counter each attack and stay in a good distance.

That will be their advantage and certainly they will do everything to have the fight in their favor and not the opposite, after all, this is Step Fulton's division while Inoue is just a challenger who just made a climb at 122. They know that there might be some time in the fight where Inoue will adjust because he's still not that used to battle the guys at 122, especially against the champion, Steph Fulton.

But to be sure, Fulton should still take some safety precautions knowing that Inoue can evolve at any given time especially in scenarios where he is facing a dominant boxer. I guess that is already a fact as we already saw how good Inoue in adjusting and it will be a tough challenge for anyone who will face Inoue because nobody has yet learned how to crack him.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
And his hand injuries could be the result of his hard training against Fulton. Although he could have that injury already, but might be aggravated in training and that's why he has to postponed the fight till June.

There is no report of surgery or operation though, so it might be that Inoue needs to take care of that hands and rest for a while so no training for him. As for the weight, yes, I do agree there not much issue he could even weigh less than the required limit of 122 lbs in this fight.

Even in perfect condition, I hope the injury will not hinder the performance of Inoue.  There are cases where a person, even though fully healed, is affected by the injury(psychological effect).  I hope to see a 100% performing Inoue in the fight against Fulton on July 25.

Psychologically? No, I don't think he'll get bothered by it considering how much beating he had been into from training down to taking a lot of heavy punches in the ring against his opponents .
Hand injuries maybe vital for any fighters, but an injury as a result of over training might not be too serious. His injury was first been reported late in March - so I guess he still have enough time to heal those, thus in does not need surgery though.
Same here, I do not think that he will be affected mentally with that surgery. He can still throw that hand in powerful manner as he used to be and there will be no effect if the hand had healed 100%.

And Asians are not known to have this kind of psychologically in this fight, it's either they will give their best in a fight or just lose because the other boxer has prepared well and is the best fighter that night. Inoue has face a lot of good and elite boxers in his career that I doubt that a hand injury will stop him from accomplishing another goal of his.

So far, Inoue's injury wasn't reported as a major injury that will probably hinder him or will make him struggle in the fight. Fulton better prepare for the worse and not underestimate Inoue because of his current situation as that is not a smart thing to do, either way, they still got a lot of time to prepare and I think that will be enough too for Inoue to heal whatever his injury.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

I am also curious if the light-handed Fulton will try to become the aggressor against the heavy-handed speedster just like what he did against Brandon Figueroa.

That would not happen as he understands how powerful Inoue's punches are. If he makes a mistake, he might get knocked out, and that would be embarrassing. No fighter in this division can go toe to toe against Inoue. They should use a strategy where they have an advantage, and it's certainly not becoming the aggressor of the fight.

It's much better for Fulton to observe Inoue first and try his chance to once he feels that he can take Monster's solid combinations.

Knowing how solid those punches and how strong Inoue it will be, a fight with good strategy and not just to engage with a toe-to-toe confrontations.

Fulton's camp might study Inoue already and they are preparing for a good plan to execute.

Sometimes though a boxer will have to take a big risk specially facing a big puncher like Inoue, Fulton will have to think that he is the bigger guy as Naoya is the one who is going up in weight and maybe can't take his power. Mentally he has to play this in his mind and who knows, it might be really a good strategy in the beginning for Fulton.

But this fight is 12 rounds, I mean there could be moments that Fulton will have the better of the exchanges and then there will rounds wherein we thought that Inoue will end the fight. But in any case it goes to distance, I think Fulton will have a better chance so score a upset in judges scorecard.

If both fighters will adjust and will not engage that much which I'm not sure if that will happen, especially with Inoue's type
of a fighter. I'm sure he will put something to try engaging Fulton.

But on the other side, I see your point that if Fulton will manage to bring this fight to a scoring decision,
we might see the advantage of the current belt holder.

He might use his experienced not to allow Inoue to box him and will try to counter each attack and stay in a good distance.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
And his hand injuries could be the result of his hard training against Fulton. Although he could have that injury already, but might be aggravated in training and that's why he has to postponed the fight till June.

There is no report of surgery or operation though, so it might be that Inoue needs to take care of that hands and rest for a while so no training for him. As for the weight, yes, I do agree there not much issue he could even weigh less than the required limit of 122 lbs in this fight.

Even in perfect condition, I hope the injury will not hinder the performance of Inoue.  There are cases where a person, even though fully healed, is affected by the injury(psychological effect).  I hope to see a 100% performing Inoue in the fight against Fulton on July 25.

Psychologically? No, I don't think he'll get bothered by it considering how much beating he had been into from training down to taking a lot of heavy punches in the ring against his opponents .
Hand injuries maybe vital for any fighters, but an injury as a result of over training might not be too serious. His injury was first been reported late in March - so I guess he still have enough time to heal those, thus in does not need surgery though.
Same here, I do not think that he will be affected mentally with that surgery. He can still throw that hand in powerful manner as he used to be and there will be no effect if the hand had healed 100%.

And Asians are not known to have this kind of psychologically in this fight, it's either they will give their best in a fight or just lose because the other boxer has prepared well and is the best fighter that night. Inoue has face a lot of good and elite boxers in his career that I doubt that a hand injury will stop him from accomplishing another goal of his.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

I agree and I believe that Steph Fulton's camp are already ruling out the chance of being the early aggressor as they know that doing that will be an expensive mistake, they might be the ones who will receive the surprise by doing so, it might be a high reward kind of style if they can pull it successfully but what if they can't, an image of mistake will tail Steph Fulton until he climbs the next division and will gradually depreciate his value because of that risky move.

Activity: 2856
Merit: 673

Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child

For now this delay and having more time is something that is really that he needs.
If he wasn't injured during training, he wouldn't have needed it. But things like that can happen, and as fans, we should be thankful that the delay isn't too long. According to the latest news, the fight can still happen this month of July, so the hype will only increase more as the fight is still on.
Yes, Inoue and even Fulton do not need this delay if not for the injury. The delay is even more costly especially to Fulton because he cannot be in fighting mode training camp for many months, which will burn his body. Fighters usually set up training camps for 2 to 3 months, they cannot overtrain. So this means both fighters have to stop their training for some weeks and then they will set up their training camps again for the coming July fight.

This would really be a good fight for this year and lots had been anticipating for this one.
This is one of the most highly anticipated fights, so it's unlikely to be a boring one and could even be a candidate for the Fight of the Year award.
This is my most anticipated of all the scheduled upcoming fights. Inoue is #1 or #2 pound for pound right now and he is on a mission to become a 4-division champion which will be the highest a Japanese can accomplish (only Ioka is their 4-division champion). The most important mission for Inoue though is to become the first 2-division undisputed champion in the 4-belt era.

Activity: 2716
Merit: 552

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Even in perfect condition, I hope the injury will not hinder the performance of Inoue.  There are cases where a person, even though fully healed, is affected by the injury(psychological effect).  I hope to see a 100% performing Inoue in the fight against Fulton on July 25.

I must say, nothing to worry about that. Knowing how Inoue deals with his difficulties on the ring during a match, if there are any, something like that won't trigger something related to psychological wherein there will be a concern that the said injury might worsen if forced.

Remember when he was beaten badly by Nonito Donaire Jr. during the early rounds of their first meetup? That was even worst compare to that recent hand injury but no such thing as Inoue being affected mentally during that fight and in the end, he was still able to bounce back and won the fight unanimously.

I'm sure if everything goes smoothly and he is really fit to fight, he will give his 100% performance in that fight.

This dude is tough, remember that he had a broken orbital bone against Inoue in their first fight and still manage to finished it in 12 full runs and with in the judges scorecard.

So having a hand injury and then fully healing it and fighting, I think he will still go and fight even if it broke in the middle of the fight. So he has this very mentally of a great boxers to overcome injuries in the fight itself and win.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Even in perfect condition, I hope the injury will not hinder the performance of Inoue.  There are cases where a person, even though fully healed, is affected by the injury(psychological effect).  I hope to see a 100% performing Inoue in the fight against Fulton on July 25.

I must say, nothing to worry about that. Knowing how Inoue deals with his difficulties on the ring during a match, if there are any, something like that won't trigger something related to psychological wherein there will be a concern that the said injury might worsen if forced.

Remember when he was beaten badly by Nonito Donaire Jr. during the early rounds of their first meetup? That was even worst compare to that recent hand injury but no such thing as Inoue being affected mentally during that fight and in the end, he was still able to bounce back and won the fight unanimously.

I'm sure if everything goes smoothly and he is really fit to fight, he will give his 100% performance in that fight.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
The thing here is, if Fulton could destroy the career of Inoue, that would make him popular. Imagine if Inoue asks for a rematch in case he loses in his first attempt, and then Fulton beats him again, that would send Inoue back to bantamweight for sure, and his confidence will surely be affected.

So, this is a big fight for both fighters, especially for Fulton, because he is the underdog here, which means only a few believe he could win despite being the champion.

I'm pretty sure Inoue has completely trained intensively just for this fight because he knows from other fighters in the past how hard it is to fight when you first time increase your weight. Fulton on the other hand need to train some unique techniques to counter Inoue's speed and power because if he doesn't practice to dodge those deadly punch, he will more likely be knockout in the early rounds unless he can take the punch and we know that some fighters can really take punches from those we thought are powerful punchers, it happens a lot before especially in this weight division.

I also see that there's a possibility that it has been triggered by the hard training. This preparation is something that Inoue needs to do an extra effort since he will be facing a champion in a much heavier division.

Not that much, but it will be different from those he competes against with before he becomes a unified champ, let see what he will
bring to his fans when the fight takes place.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

when the people working in the administration can do report of matches involved in fixing.

I do not think that there will be a match-fixing on this because lots of cameras are focused on this fight and we can see clearly whether the fight is rigged on not. Besides this is a title fight and a very popular one, the council won't be making such move to destroy the credibility of the boxing sport.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
The game definitely decide the winner and loser of the game. And their will be one winner of the match, even though many people come till the final for the semifinal. We can do declare of winner in the final round. In some matches the fixings was take places, but only in few matches and not all the matches. When the fight begins the same was reflected on the few matches, when the people working in the administration can do report of matches involved in fixing. The loser only get the rank by the matches and winner get the trophy for the game. Fulton had decided to win his opponent with his own strategy. So he is waiting for the ring match to show his power of the punch on match day. The supporters of Naoya is ready for the counter strike.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
The thing here is, if Fulton could destroy the career of Inoue, that would make him popular. Imagine if Inoue asks for a rematch in case he loses in his first attempt, and then Fulton beats him again, that would send Inoue back to bantamweight for sure, and his confidence will surely be affected.

So, this is a big fight for both fighters, especially for Fulton, because he is the underdog here, which means only a few believe he could win despite being the champion.

I'm pretty sure Inoue has completely trained intensively just for this fight because he knows from other fighters in the past how hard it is to fight when you first time increase your weight. Fulton on the other hand need to train some unique techniques to counter Inoue's speed and power because if he doesn't practice to dodge those deadly punch, he will more likely be knockout in the early rounds unless he can take the punch and we know that some fighters can really take punches from those we thought are powerful punchers, it happens a lot before especially in this weight division.

It's expected that both camps are having their own intensive trainings and preparations to counter each other as despite from the fact that they are risking their unscathed records, a defeat on this fight will give their name an unusual effects that they surely don't want and the winner will sure increase its value as these two is already a big name in the industry.
This will be a good fight to watch, although it's been delayed because of a minor problem, I'm still glad that they are now back on the track.

Correct, the impact of this fight will reflect and mark for both the winner and the loser, whoever wins will add good hypes
to their legacy and will receive possible more money fight in their next schedules.

While for the loser, it will reflect to their rank, but for now, let's wait if how both camps will showcase their capabilities to win the fight.

Excited to see both champs to take one another, some delay because of the accident, but the fight schedule was already adjusted.

Indeed mate. Both camp is looking forward to have an advantage to have better chances on securing the fight, even Fulton who is rumored to climb the next weight class regardless of the outcome of this fight will be needing a win on his side because defeating Naoya Inoue will make his name better when he make the climb as that will increase his chances to fight the top dogs directly instead of fighting from the bottom of the food chain.

But I bet that Naoya Inoue will be handing a fight that easily because he also needed this fight on his favor as he's looking forward to secure this belts and probably have a unification fight afterwards, and be the first boxer who will attain such feat of being an undisputed champion in two separate division. I thought that Crawford can attain that feat first but by the looks of it, I think Inoue might be the first to achieve it.

It's expected that both camps are having their own intensive trainings and preparations to counter each other as despite from the fact that they are risking their unscathed records, a defeat on this fight will give their name an unusual effects that they surely don't want and the winner will sure increase its value as these two is already a big name in the industry.
This will be a good fight to watch, although it's been delayed because of a minor problem, I'm still glad that they are now back on the track.

Correct, the impact of this fight will reflect and mark for both the winner and the loser, whoever wins will add good hypes
to their legacy and will receive possible more money fight in their next schedules.

While for the loser, it will reflect to their rank, but for now, let's wait if how both camps will showcase their capabilities to win the fight.

Excited to see both champs to take one another, some delay because of the accident, but the fight schedule was already adjusted.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

For now this delay and having more time is something that is really that he needs.
If he wasn't injured during training, he wouldn't have needed it. But things like that can happen, and as fans, we should be thankful that the delay isn't too long. According to the latest news, the fight can still happen this month of July, so the hype will only increase more as the fight is still on.

This would really be a good fight for this year and lots had been anticipating for this one.
This is one of the most highly anticipated fights, so it's unlikely to be a boring one and could even be a candidate for the Fight of the Year award.
Pages:
Jump to: