Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue | WBC & WBO 122 lbs bout | July 25 - page 7. (Read 7017 times)

Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
Anyone seen the video of Fulton getting a birthday cake from a Japanese?

But for sure, he want's to be cordial but he might be cautious as well. Remember Michael Jordan's food poisoning from a Pizza when he was in Utah? I'm not saying that this could be a trap from Fulton as it could be laid with something. But I guess they are wise enough not to consume that pizza from a Japanese bakery just to be on the safe side.  Smiley

I did not see that, but for sure anyone who's Japanese did that with no intention to harm. I think, It was just a way to appreciate and respect their country man's opponent.  Japanese character are known to be honest and respectful. So, I don't think that's gonna be the case, but to be more cautious I can't blame Fulton's camp if they refuse to consume that gift, I bet we all could understand. Nevertheless, if there will a food poisoning case, it will be easily diagnosed and I don't think Fulton will make any excuses here to cancel or delay the fight, because he already expresses his eagerness for this fight to happen in the first place.
This will for sure going to be an exciting fight. I will not expect anymore dramas between the 2 camps till the fight night as both teams are now in a deeper focus at this point.

This is what I found,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j857RzWiwsc

Yeah, I think Fulton is not happy with that cake, but what can he do, maybe the Japanese just appreciate him traveling to Japan and fight their national hero there. But he has every right to not accept or not eat it. It's up to him.

And I don't think this will create drama, I mean we are all been waiting for this fight already.

That cake thing  Grin, I don't think that Fulton has any plan of eating that one to avoid something that might happen to him as he is not accustomed yet to Japanese cakes, he might get a stomach ache and the fight might be postponed again which we don't want that to happen. 

Same here, I don't think that will create some drama as Fulton has the right to not eat the cake, that's not their costume anyway to bring some cakes to someone they don't know.

Five days more to go and we can see on who will fight Tapales for the unified belts.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540

But for sure, he want's to be cordial but he might be cautious as well. Remember Michael Jordan's food poisoning from a Pizza when he was in Utah? I'm not saying that this could be a trap from Fulton as it could be laid with something. But I guess they are wise enough not to consume that pizza from a Japanese bakery just to be on the safe side.  Smiley

I did not see that, but for sure anyone who's Japanese did that with no intention to harm. I think, It was just a way to appreciate and respect their country man's opponent.  Japanese character are known to be honest and respectful. So, I don't think that's gonna be the case, but to be more cautious I can't blame Fulton's camp if they refuse to consume that gift, I bet we all could understand. Nevertheless, if there will a food poisoning case, it will be easily diagnosed and I don't think Fulton will make any excuses here to cancel or delay the fight, because he already expresses his eagerness for this fight to happen in the first place.
This will for sure going to be an exciting fight. I will not expect anymore dramas between the 2 camps till the fight night as both teams are now in a deeper focus at this point.

This is what I found,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j857RzWiwsc

Yeah, I think Fulton is not happy with that cake, but what can he do, maybe the Japanese just appreciate him traveling to Japan and fight their national hero there. But he has every right to not accept or not eat it. It's up to him.

And I don't think this will create drama, I mean we are all been waiting for this fight already.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594

Activity: 2716
Merit: 904

As of this point, both camps are yet to discuss that and start their negotiations because it is still too early for them to commence it. Besides, even if we say that Inoue have an advantage in this fight despite being the challenger, we still cannot say that it is a guarantee that he will win and will proceed to the negotiations for the upcoming undisputed fight versus Marlon Tapales.

Exactly, we have yet to see the outcome of this fight as it could still change. There are numerous factors that will be taken into consideration, with money being the main factor. If this fight has the potential to generate a significant amount of revenue and ends up being a close contest, then it is likely that we will witness a rematch.

The fact that they rescheduled the fight and included it as part of a mega fight (Spence vs Crawford) indicates that profitability is likely the main reason. This fight becomes even more significant than a main event in the bantamweight division because, despite being an undercard fight, it is part of a mega event that is expected to generate a substantial number of pay-per-view subscriptions and attract a sold-out crowd in the arena.

Are you talking about Donaire vs Santiago fight that was moved as part of Spence vs Crawford undercard?

Inoue vs Fulton seem to be happening this July 25. But they were also saying this Inoue Fulton fight was moved from May to July was because Inoue rant about WADA random testing which was done twice a week. What was reported though was that Inoue got injured in the training. Anyway as expected Inoue by KO is 1.90

I'm not familiar with the rant that Inoue about the WADA testing, but it is not the first time that I heard from the boxer themselves. Manny Pacquiao too during the height of his run was being testing randomly and he also complains about it. And it lead to the speculation that he is taking juice but it was not proven throughout his career submitting blood samples needed before a fight.

Perhaps Inoue might have the same fear of Manny, that is injections and how many blood are being taken every week.
Probably, these are just rumors because the official reason why the fight was postponed was that Inoue got injured during practice. However, if this is necessary, then I think they should comply with it to ensure that the fight will happen. It's not a big issue unless a boxer has something to hide.

The need of blood samples for WADA testing will not be a thing or needed if the opposing camp is not requesting it, I don't mean to say that Fulton's camp is scared or whatever be the reason is but I know that these tests will only surface if someone will request.

Just like during Manny Pacquiao's time, I think he also did that test before he faced Marquez for the third time.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606

Usually that's why the potential opponent is going to watch the fight live, he is not there to be entertain, but rather see it have either Fulton and Inoue fight and maybe his team can try a strategy or see some weakness that they can exploit.

Indeed, not as viewer but more on a researcher, together with his camp they will be able to find some exploit weaknesses
from both fighters, and they will be able to prepare in case the said unifcation will be deal out.

Watching the fight will give Tapales camp a first hand experience of how Inoue fight and it will greatly enhance their perception in analyzing the videos of previous fight of Inoue.

And I do believed that it will be a setup, that once the winner is announced, Marlon is going up in the ring maybe and ask for a fight.
We will know that after the fight, it's interesting to see him announcing his willingness to unify all the belts.

It is really interesting if either of Inoue or Tapales announce the interest of unifying the belt and become undisputed champion of 122 lbs.

So we will see, I"m seeing a lot of media coverage for this fight and maybe in the final stretch, they will do everything they can to reach fight fans so that they are going to watch this fight.
Yup, media hypes will be expected after the fight, they will attract more viewers to watch out for the next scheduled fight.

Inoue's road to unifying the 122 lbs titles is really a hot trend since he just recently unified and became a undisputed champion of 118 lbs so it is not surprising that the media is fully in attention to this fight.  This is the first step of Inoue's goal of unifying the 122 lbs and the mass media is very interested if he can make such first step.

I believe there is a reason why Marlon Tapales will watch the fight live up close, apart from having the first hand experience to know Fulton and Inoue's strengths and weaknesses, it is still about business because regardless of the result, organizers are already expecting an undisputed fight up next while the hype is still there, especially if Inoue will be held as the new champion at 122 and defeated Fulton.

More on that kind of publicities, enticing the fans after these upcoming fights.

Doesn't matter whoever wins the fight as mentioned, unifying the belts are expected, so Tapales presence will
add hypes when they announce the winner and announce the possible next opponent/fight, with the kind of
hypes. For sure, fans will follow that trend and will push the unification schedule.

Yup, it is already planned that is why Marlon Tapales himself will watch the fight because for sure someone will ask the unified champion what will happen next and we all know what is it. A hype will for sure surface and Tapales will feel delighted as aside from the fact that it will be the biggest paycheck in his whole career, he will be the first Filipino boxer that will fight for the undisputed title.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Usually that's why the potential opponent is going to watch the fight live, he is not there to be entertain, but rather see it have either Fulton and Inoue fight and maybe his team can try a strategy or see some weakness that they can exploit.

Indeed, not as viewer but more on a researcher, together with his camp they will be able to find some exploit weaknesses
from both fighters, and they will be able to prepare in case the said unifcation will be deal out.

Watching the fight will give Tapales camp a first hand experience of how Inoue fight and it will greatly enhance their perception in analyzing the videos of previous fight of Inoue.

And I do believed that it will be a setup, that once the winner is announced, Marlon is going up in the ring maybe and ask for a fight.
We will know that after the fight, it's interesting to see him announcing his willingness to unify all the belts.

It is really interesting if either of Inoue or Tapales announce the interest of unifying the belt and become undisputed champion of 122 lbs.

So we will see, I"m seeing a lot of media coverage for this fight and maybe in the final stretch, they will do everything they can to reach fight fans so that they are going to watch this fight.
Yup, media hypes will be expected after the fight, they will attract more viewers to watch out for the next scheduled fight.

Inoue's road to unifying the 122 lbs titles is really a hot trend since he just recently unified and became a undisputed champion of 118 lbs so it is not surprising that the media is fully in attention to this fight.  This is the first step of Inoue's goal of unifying the 122 lbs and the mass media is very interested if he can make such first step.

I believe there is a reason why Marlon Tapales will watch the fight live up close, apart from having the first hand experience to know Fulton and Inoue's strengths and weaknesses, it is still about business because regardless of the result, organizers are already expecting an undisputed fight up next while the hype is still there, especially if Inoue will be held as the new champion at 122 and defeated Fulton.

More on that kind of publicities, enticing the fans after these upcoming fights.

Doesn't matter whoever wins the fight as mentioned, unifying the belts are expected, so Tapales presence will
add hypes when they announce the winner and announce the possible next opponent/fight, with the kind of
hypes. For sure, fans will follow that trend and will push the unification schedule.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

As of this point, both camps are yet to discuss that and start their negotiations because it is still too early for them to commence it. Besides, even if we say that Inoue have an advantage in this fight despite being the challenger, we still cannot say that it is a guarantee that he will win and will proceed to the negotiations for the upcoming undisputed fight versus Marlon Tapales.

Exactly, we have yet to see the outcome of this fight as it could still change. There are numerous factors that will be taken into consideration, with money being the main factor. If this fight has the potential to generate a significant amount of revenue and ends up being a close contest, then it is likely that we will witness a rematch.

The fact that they rescheduled the fight and included it as part of a mega fight (Spence vs Crawford) indicates that profitability is likely the main reason. This fight becomes even more significant than a main event in the bantamweight division because, despite being an undercard fight, it is part of a mega event that is expected to generate a substantial number of pay-per-view subscriptions and attract a sold-out crowd in the arena.

Are you talking about Donaire vs Santiago fight that was moved as part of Spence vs Crawford undercard?

Inoue vs Fulton seem to be happening this July 25. But they were also saying this Inoue Fulton fight was moved from May to July was because Inoue rant about WADA random testing which was done twice a week. What was reported though was that Inoue got injured in the training. Anyway as expected Inoue by KO is 1.90

I'm not familiar with the rant that Inoue about the WADA testing, but it is not the first time that I heard from the boxer themselves. Manny Pacquiao too during the height of his run was being testing randomly and he also complains about it. And it lead to the speculation that he is taking juice but it was not proven throughout his career submitting blood samples needed before a fight.

Perhaps Inoue might have the same fear of Manny, that is injections and how many blood are being taken every week.
Probably, these are just rumors because the official reason why the fight was postponed was that Inoue got injured during practice. However, if this is necessary, then I think they should comply with it to ensure that the fight will happen. It's not a big issue unless a boxer has something to hide.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

Activity: 2856
Merit: 604

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

Unified WBA and IBF World Super Bantamweight Champion Marlon Tapales to Watch Ringside for WBC and WBO Super Bantamweight World Championship Bout: Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue in Tokyo, Japan

Not technically related to the fight but just want to share some side news here.

The current WBA and IBF World Super Bantamweight Champion Marlon Tapales will watch on the ringside of this fight together with those big names behind his success, Manager Jim Claude Manangquil and promoter Sean Gibbons of MP Promotions. I wonder if there will be a big announcement at the end of this fight. Smiley

It's anticipated by most that the winner of this match between Stephen Fulton and Naoya Inoue might face Tapales next in another big unification match.

Honestly, I'd rather see that undisputed 122 lbs match right away next instead of a title defense.

If I'm not mistaken, it was agreed that Marlon Tapales will indeed face the winner of Inoue vs Fulton fight for unification.

Marlon Tapales set for undisputed clash vs winner of Fulton-Inoue

So it will be great if he will be there to see the fight and probably will go up in the ring after the fight and challenge the winner for the undisputed 122 lbs.

Akhmadaliev will have to wait though, maybe he will go on another title eliminator fight before getting a crack again on whoever has the belt.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of formal agreement that guarantees him that opportunity, the WBA is just making it easier for them to negotiate that fight. A fight with Fulton would be easier to make since MP Promotions has a partnership with TGB, PBC's de facto promoter. I couldn't imagine Naoya turning down the opportunity to become undisputed and for Tapales it means a career high payday so I hope it won't be too complicated to negotiate that fight and we will have a single champion by the end of this year.

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

Unified WBA and IBF World Super Bantamweight Champion Marlon Tapales to Watch Ringside for WBC and WBO Super Bantamweight World Championship Bout: Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue in Tokyo, Japan

Not technically related to the fight but just want to share some side news here.

The current WBA and IBF World Super Bantamweight Champion Marlon Tapales will watch on the ringside of this fight together with those big names behind his success, Manager Jim Claude Manangquil and promoter Sean Gibbons of MP Promotions. I wonder if there will be a big announcement at the end of this fight. Smiley

It's anticipated by most that the winner of this match between Stephen Fulton and Naoya Inoue might face Tapales next in another big unification match.

Honestly, I'd rather see that undisputed 122 lbs match right away next instead of a title defense.

If I'm not mistaken, it was agreed that Marlon Tapales will indeed face the winner of Inoue vs Fulton fight for unification.

So it will be great if he will be there to see the fight and probably will go up in the ring after the fight and challenge the winner for the undisputed 122 lbs.

Akhmadaliev will have to wait though, maybe he will go on another title eliminator fight before getting a crack again on whoever has the belt.

It will be a pleasure and an honor for Marlon Tapales to get himself in an undisputed clash regardless of who will win in the Inoue-Fulton fight because not all Filipino boxers will have that kind of opportunity to be in that stage to have a unification fight, even Donaire himself didn't made it. Moreover, I already expected this to happen where Tapales will be fighting for a unification fight.

It's an honor to step inside the ring and try to unify all the belts in this division. We never know what will happen as the chance
of winning is still possible whoever will win against Inoue and Fulton.

I mean, Tapales will have that equal chance to unify all the belts and if fate decided to favor him, then it's a great
accomplishment that he may have achieved

And because of that, expect him to earn a lot of money and to continue making more.

Aside from that, it will be his honor too to fight for the undisputed champion as it will be the first undisputed fight that will be contested at super-bantamweight since the beginning of the four belt era. To date, there's no boxer in the four belt era that is this close to be the undisputed champion at 122 or at least named as the unified champion at the mentioned division. So, both Inoue, Fulton and Tapales will have the opportunity to have that pleasure.
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
So as we say, gonna be a win-win situation for Tapales.

It's a win-win situation indeed for Marlon Tapales. This chance of fighting for a unified belt only comes once in a blue moon for a boxer though this may look hard for Tapales to win but the chance itself is already a win and of course, the money will be higher on the standard of Tapales, might be a retirement fee for him once he decides to retire.

Since it's only one week before fight night, let's take a look at some of the options/markets for this fight. I think Inoue by decision @3.10 is juicy one for me since this is his first fight on this division and i think he will be adjusting and i will gamble that he won't KO Fulton on his debut in the super bantamweight division.

Only one week and like what you said, that odd for by decision is sweet and for sure gamblers will take that as they have that
same thinking as Fulton is the current champ in this division.

A chance that we might see Inoue adjusting and observing with how Fulton will execute his strategy and by understanding Fulton's way
of fighting. He's more on defensive style.

Inoue may fight in the same manner. Let's wait and see if how both fighters will perform.

Inoue will fight in the same manner. He is confident and needs to show off to his countrymen so they could be proud.
A bit ballsy but once he can hurt Fulton in the first round, he knows the fight will end early. Wherever he could hit Fulton, it will hurt him. There is a big difference between their KO power, the challenge is whether he can maneuver to get closer to Fulton, and if he can't, it's a long night for him. I bet he can and will KO Fulton.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

It's a win-win situation indeed for Marlon Tapales. This chance of fighting for a unified belt only comes once in a blue moon for a boxer though this may look hard for Tapales to win but the chance itself is already a win and of course, the money will be higher on the standard of Tapales, might be a retirement fee for him once he decides to retire.

Since it's only one week before fight night, let's take a look at some of the options/markets for this fight. I think Inoue by decision @3.10 is juicy one for me since this is his first fight on this division and i think he will be adjusting and i will gamble that he won't KO Fulton on his debut in the super bantamweight division.

Only one week and like what you said, that odd for by decision is sweet and for sure gamblers will take that as they have that
same thinking as Fulton is the current champ in this division.

A chance that we might see Inoue adjusting and observing with how Fulton will execute his strategy and by understanding Fulton's way
of fighting. He's more on defensive style.

Inoue may fight in the same manner. Let's wait and see if how both fighters will perform.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Top Rank (Inoue) and MP promotions, (Tapales) - not seeing and problem. Same with Fulton as he is align with PBC.

I believe there's would be a clausal for rematch in unification match, so assuming Tapales lose, he still have a chance on the second fight.

This can be a good chance for Casimero to reach higher position in 122 lbs bout, he can fight with Akhmadaliev or the loser between Inoue or Fulton for regular title. Casimero shouldn't lose in any match if he want to become an unified champion.

They could include a rematch clause, but it could really depends on who is going to ask or who is initiate it. And it take a lot on the other party to approved of it. I mean Tapales admit it or not, won't be the the A-side in the negotiations so it's hard for them to get that rematch clause.

As for Casimero, yeah, why not go for Akhmadaliev or even Nery who beat a Filipino like 2 weeks ago. It could have a good story line as they have been calling each other out for many years now and they could make the fight now as both are in the super bantamweight already.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1179
Top Rank (Inoue) and MP promotions, (Tapales) - not seeing and problem. Same with Fulton as he is align with PBC.

I believe there's would be a clausal for rematch in unification match, so assuming Tapales lose, he still have a chance on the second fight.

This can be a good chance for Casimero to reach higher position in 122 lbs bout, he can fight with Akhmadaliev or the loser between Inoue or Fulton for regular title. Casimero shouldn't lose in any match if he want to become an unified champion.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

There doesn't seem to be any kind of formal agreement that guarantees him that opportunity, the WBA is just making it easier for them to negotiate that fight. A fight with Fulton would be easier to make since MP Promotions has a partnership with TGB, PBC's de facto promoter. I couldn't imagine Naoya turning down the opportunity to become undisputed and for Tapales it means a career high payday so I hope it won't be too complicated to negotiate that fight and we will have a single champion by the end of this year.

I do think if will not be complicated as either the winner here would have a opportunity to be undisputed, so I doubt that those boxers doesn't want that title on their resume. The only thing that might get between is that the money in the table. Hopefully Tapales will get a fair share as he has the other belts as well.

Pages:
Jump to: