Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 15. (Read 19683 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Apparently, JollyGood decided to try to arrange a dos attack [Joke], adding to his list of mistrust all the people from the blacklist of Lauda, Lutpin, yahoo62278 and other people who had such public lists. Or maybe it's such a flashmob ...
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
What happened here??
JollyGood has been busy.

I doubt he made all those changes at once.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Vod
legendary
legendary
light_warrior ... 🕯️
As far as I understand, this bulk reset was due to a username change? [VIP]

- TradeFortress 🥳 Happy 2021 ➫ TradeFortress 🌝 BTC to $117k (CoinLenders / Inputs.io / CoinChat etc.)

Trust list for: TradeFortress 🥳 Happy 2021 (Trust: !!!:  +4 / =0 / -9) (27 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

legendary
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
At least Tor is being blamed for not supporting BPIP, and not the other away around.  Smiley

Do you think a read-only stats website needs Tor?

I suppose I could rehash the merits of a person wanting privacy while online, but given you've raised a fair point, all I can answer is at least now if someone else asks they can be pointed to this discussion.
Vod
legendary
suchmoon regularly tells people they should be using Tor Browser (ironically it doesn't support BPiP) but I can't find any mention of an Onion address in this thread for the site.

At least Tor is being blamed for not supporting BPIP, and not the other away around.  Smiley

Do you think a read-only stats website needs Tor?

legendary
What's the Onion URL for bpip?
What would that improve? bpip.org works on Tor, and the only risk I've seen doesn't worry me for BPIP:
At least one Tor exit node serves chipmixer.com as plain-text stripping SSL encryption and replacing deposit address with their own.
legendary
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
What's the Onion URL for bpip?

suchmoon regularly tells people they should be using Tor Browser (ironically it doesn't support BPiP) but I can't find any mention of an Onion address in this thread for the site.
legendary
But if you want to avoid even the verification for the requests that don't need it, you can do this instead of creating a new function:
Thanks, see https://loyce.club/profile.html?id=459836 Smiley I'll see tomorrow if it updates correctly.

That still leaves the question: can I credit you on profile.html for all the work you did? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
I originally programmed those numbers to be real time, but they could be cached now by the BPIP team.
Thanks for the answer, I hope suchmoon or ibminer will clarify how things are with this at the moment...

Nothing has changed here. It is still pulling this info (counts) directly from the related DB tables that the parsers write to.
legendary
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Even though this is in the wrong topic, I'd like to answer this: the first link is updated when I post it here. If your browser doesn't show it, it may need a hard refresh. The second link has some problems caching, and I don't know how to fix that. It doesn't always update if you visited the same userID before, but if you load the page in a private window it updates just fine.
It seemed to me that the message would be appropriate since you previously touched on a similar topic, as well as the fact that this also applies to BPIP....
+ Everything works fine only after you post the update information to the thread ... As far as browsers are concerned, I tried several options and the result was the same. I don't have much of a problem with this anyway, as the workaround works just fine (BPIP).

I originally programmed those numbers to be real time, but they could be cached now by the BPIP team.
Thanks for the answer, I hope suchmoon or ibminer will clarify how things are with this at the moment...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Do I leave out the "re"? See:

No, sorry, I was looking at the wrong version. The "re" should stay there.

Does that also mean I'll have to create a new function for this, so only the Trust list doesn't get cached? All others (like usernames) shouldn't be reloaded each time.

"no-cache" verifies if the file has been updated (probably with a "HEAD" request) so it doesn't download it every time. But if you want to avoid even the verification for the requests that don't need it, you can do this instead of creating a new function:

Code:
    function get_info_from_file(url, re, cache) {
        return fetch(url, { cache: cache || "default" })

And then call it like this for the trust list only (add a third parameter with "no-cache" value):

Code:
        get_info_from_file(trustlist_version_link, new RegExp("^" + user_id + ":(.*)$", "m"), "no-cache")

Other requests will use the default if you don't pass anything for the cache parameter.
legendary
The second link has some problems caching, and I don't know how to fix that. It doesn't always update if you visited the same userID before, but if you load the page in a private window it updates just fine.
You can try changing the fetch request like this:
Code:
 function get_info_from_file(url) {
    return fetch(url, { cache: "no-cache" })
Do I leave out the "re"? See:
Code:
           function get_info_from_file(url, re) {
                  return fetch(url)
Does that also mean I'll have to create a new function for this, so only the Trust list doesn't get cached? All others (like usernames) shouldn't be reloaded each time.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
The second link has some problems caching, and I don't know how to fix that. It doesn't always update if you visited the same userID before, but if you load the page in a private window it updates just fine.

You can try changing the fetch request like this:

Code:
  function get_info_from_file(url) {
    return fetch(url, { cache: "no-cache" })

You can also try "reload" and "no-store" cache options if the above doesn't work for some reason.
Vod
legendary
p.s. I would be grateful if someone could tell me the update interval of the data displayed on BPIP (Largest profile on Bitcointalk, Pages that have been parsed).

Edit:  I would just update the database record directly, adding 1 to the pages parsed.   Then due to a SQL query error right after my stroke, it reset to 0 when it was around 20 million.  I wanted to calculate the original number, but I never did.   The actual pages parsed is closer to 95 million.

(I no longer run update queries on live data, thank blockchain!  lol)
legendary
In the morning after the weekly update [loyce.club], the data does not have time to update, regardless of whether I use the site directly [loyce.club/trust/] or go to the site using an extension [loyce.club/profile.html?id=].
Even though this is in the wrong topic, I'd like to answer this: the first link is updated when I post it here. If your browser doesn't show it, it may need a hard refresh. The second link has some problems caching, and I don't know how to fix that. It doesn't always update if you visited the same userID before, but if you load the page in a private window it updates just fine.
legendary
light_warrior ... 🕯️
BPIP beats me on update speed:
In the morning after the weekly update [loyce.club], the data does not have time to update, regardless of whether I use the site directly [loyce.club/trust/] or go to the site using an extension [loyce.club/profile.html?id=]. I still have to use a workaround, namely bpip.org [Trust List: / LoyceV trust list viewer for:], this path leads to the already updated data, with the only difference that there is no list of weeks in the title.

p.s. I would be grateful if someone could tell me the update interval of the data displayed on BPIP (Largest profile on Bitcointalk, Pages that have been parsed).
legendary
User Hellmouth42 shows as DT1 in Bpip, but DT2 on verey Loyce data (DT overview and trust list viewer)
BPIP beats me on update speed:
Theymos reshuffled DT1 last night.

Added:
    35. Sr. Member Hellmouth42 (Trust: +3 / =0 / -0) (325 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
I think I've found something off....

User Hellmouth42 shows as DT1 in Bpip, but DT2 on verey Loyce data (DT overview and trust list viewer)
Pages:
Jump to: