Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 18. (Read 19683 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
The website was also showing the "DT1" label next to your name and on your profile etc. The bug is limited just to the DT change log, which says "no longer selected". Processing of that log is already quite slow so I'm reluctant to make any changes to try to fix this as it's such a rare issue.
I noticed another side-effect: Lauda reached DT2 again, but no change was mentioned in DT Change Log. This change happened because Blacknavy wiped his Trust list, which was only shown as "Blacknavy DT1 is no longer selected into DT1" in the DT Change Log.
It's a pity the Change Log overlooks toggling DT2-members this way.

I'm taking this here:
Does MajorMiner have their own DT trust list?
No, and he's never had one either.

BPIP seems to think they do https://bpip.org/Profile?id=40565 but none is found on the link here: https://loyce.club/trust/2020-10-31_Sat_04.09h/40565.html
loyce.club/trust/latesttrustlist.txt is my complete list of latest Trust lists for each user, but BPIP doesn't use it (yet).
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I thought about scraping the staked address thread but there are some challenges, particularly if we want to verify signed messages.
Taking only the ones that have already been verified by other forum users?

That's probably even more complicated... I think a somewhat-plausible solution would be to check how many addresses a user has posted in the staking thread, if it's only one - assume that's the one we need, otherwise review manually. Or perhaps automatically take the last one if it's 2-3 total, and manually review if it's more than that. Definitely don't want to process every address manually.
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
I thought about scraping the staked address thread but there are some challenges, particularly if we want to verify signed messages.
Taking only the ones that have already been verified by other forum users?
legendary
This may sound idiotic or may have been suggested earlier some day; but to add some know (or at least one) Bitcoin address to each profile? I'm not talking about addresses a user may have posted over the time, but rather one (or more) addresses that have been staked in a similar way to this. I'm not completely sure how it could be implemented, but I can think of a couple of use cases to have a staked address showed

copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
This may sound idiotic or may have been suggested earlier some day; but to add some know (or at least one) Bitcoin address to each profile? I'm not talking about addresses a user may have posted over the time, but rather one (or more) addresses that have been staked in a similar way to this. I'm not completely sure how it could be implemented, but I can think of a couple of use cases to have a staked address showed

@Tryninja I ping you too here in case you think it may be a good addition to your site too (or if you finally collaborate, something doable or whatever)

Be safe
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Welcome! I'm glad I could help with something Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
They are still present after the latest update. I'm mentioning it as I didn't get any reply from you or suchmoon and I don't know if you missed it or if you considered it too minor.

I apparently missed that one. They are minor typos but I'll definitely get them corrected, thanks.
legendary
Those were created to distinguish the main badges

Oh, OK, good to know. Additionally, when you have some time, don't forget also my previous post, where I reported a few typos. They are still present after the latest update. I'm mentioning it as I didn't get any reply from you or suchmoon and I don't know if you missed it or if you considered it too minor.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
Those were created to distinguish the main badges, this was changed on this update.
The circuitry was removed and a laurel wreath was put in for any badges that are not part of the main rankings (only 2 at the moment, most posts and most earned merit).

Surely it would be better to distinguish between the three "main" rankings that are used to calculate the "most recognised" score and the two that don't.  See also LINK
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
I don't know if this is the design, but I just noticed that the image pattern for 1st place for Most Earned Merit is different than the pattern used for the 1st place of the other sections. The Most Earned Merit image pattern looks mostly plain green, while in the case of the other sections looks like a segment of a green mother board.

In case the design of this image should be changed for matching the design of the other sections, I hope this post will help noticing the issue.

Those were created to distinguish the main badges, this was changed on this update.
The circuitry was removed and a laurel wreath was put in for any badges that are not part of the main rankings (only 2 at the moment, most posts and most earned merit).
legendary

I don't know if this is the design, but I just noticed that the image pattern for 1st place for Most Earned Merit is different than the pattern used for the 1st place of the other sections. The Most Earned Merit image pattern looks mostly plain green, while in the case of the other sections looks like a segment of a green mother board.

In case the design of this image should be changed for matching the design of the other sections, I hope this post will help noticing the issue.
legendary
I was under the impression that BPIP already keeps track of inactive users the moment they make a new post.
If it helps, I can list all userIDs within seconds after they make a post. I already make a daily list of all users who post, I just don't publish it.

Thanks, but we have the recent posts, it's just a matter of integrating it properly with everything. For example new posts, modlog, seclog, trust changes, merits should all trigger refresh of affected user profiles so that the data is up to date. We're getting there but slowly.

I see that profile has already been refreshed and is no longer shown as inactive.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I have an enhancement planned that if a new post is detected it would update sooner but it's going to take a while to implement.
I was under the impression that BPIP already keeps track of inactive users the moment they make a new post.
If it helps, I can list all userIDs within seconds after they make a post. I already make a daily list of all users who post, I just don't publish it.
legendary
Today I noticed one member eth888 is showing as Inactive on BPIP extension and on BPIP website, but he made five posts today. Prior to that he was inactive for few months.
Is this some bug or it just takes time for information to be updated?
How long until status is updated usually?

The longer an account is inactive the less often it's updated. This particular one will be updated in ~9 days unless someone clicks the refresh button:

Edited 2020-11-30 to fix a broken image

I have an enhancement planned that if a new post is detected it would update sooner but it's going to take a while to implement.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Today I noticed one member eth888 is showing as Inactive on BPIP extension and on BPIP website, but he made five posts today. Prior to that he was inactive for few months.
Is this some bug or it just takes time for information to be updated?
How long until status is updated usually?
legendary
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
Thanks for the suggestion Vod, it would certainly help when posting batches of information.

I found this a while ago, it helps explain the metric date presentation:

Vod
legendary
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
From another thread:

2019-04-30   Various trust feedbacks given to each-other
5/1/2019 4:42:20 AM    password reset via email     
5/1/2019 4:42:44 AM    woke up   

I never did standardize my dates.  I hope you choose the metric formatSmiley

legendary
@suchmoon I just love finding bugs and flaws.
As I said before, BPIP extension was still showing my DT1 status all the time, so it looks like BPIP website and extension are not in sync  Wink

The website was also showing the "DT1" label next to your name and on your profile etc. The bug is limited just to the DT change log, which says "no longer selected". Processing of that log is already quite slow so I'm reluctant to make any changes to try to fix this as it's such a rare issue.

Thanks for testing though, much appreciated  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
@suchmoon I just love finding bugs and flaws.
As I said before, BPIP extension was still showing my DT1 status all the time, so it looks like BPIP website and extension are not in sync  Wink

legendary
I can't find anything on the forum that would suggest wiping my Trust list changed anything in my DT1-status, so I'm curious where BPIP gets it this information.

It does not change your actual DT1 status, not until the end of the month anyway. But your name disappears from ;full;dt so BPIP assumes you're gone (since you must have at least 10 inclusions to be in DT1). It's a bug but really people... stop screwing around with your trust lists Grin.

I'll file this under "will not fix; will manually delete these records; and will look sternly at people doing this".
Pages:
Jump to: