Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 2. (Read 19575 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 767
What do you mean?
I am seeing that the data was updated on 1/7/2024 12:51:40 PM, probably some time after Theymos announced the DT1 changes - https://bpip.org/TrustLog.

As it stands, you are on DT2 and that's what the browser extension is showing right now
Suchmoon knows what I mean  Grin
Even though you see that the data was updated on 1/7/2024 at 12:51:40 PM, BPIP was showing incorrect data till yesterday, and maybe they fixed it right before you checked it. It's not only me who has found it out. I never knew I was in the DT network until yesterday when LoyceV mentioned my username on one of his threads. I have posted my confusion there and he responded too saying BPIP is wrong. Nice to see everything fixed now.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1777
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
suchmoon, I am looking for your attention. BPIP has been showing wrong data about DT for the last week. It would be great if you take a look. theymos reshuffled the DT1 list on the first of January, but the BPIP website and the browser extension still show the previous month's data. Yesterday, I noticed that I am on the DT network for the first time, but I cannot see it myself which is not very good for me. I felt too excited when I noticed that. Even though this is just for one month  Smiley

What do you mean?
I am seeing that the data was updated on 1/7/2024 12:51:40 PM, probably some time after Theymos announced the DT1 changes - https://bpip.org/TrustLog.

As it stands, you are on DT2 and that's what the browser extension is showing right now
Activity: 31
Merit: 6
Yeah I'm playing whack-a-mole with the attacker now, either I will run out of disk space of a blacklist, or the dipshit will run out of IPs. So the site may go off and on unfortunately while this is happening.
What results did you get from the attacker you played hack and mole with?  Have a little discussion with us.  Please let me know if your blocklist is out of dixie space or out of IP.
Activity: 31
Merit: 6
I often visit BPIP to see the stats there and always change the theme to Neutral but this time it doesn't work the same as the other themes, so is this still not fixed?
This can be a problem at times.  The site sometimes has issues like this due to updates.  I use it but it works much better.  A little trouble at times doesn't mean it's lost.
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
suchmoon, I am looking for your attention. BPIP has been showing wrong data about DT for the last week. It would be great if you take a look. theymos reshuffled the DT1 list on the first of January, but the BPIP website and the browser extension still show the previous month's data. Yesterday, I noticed that I am on the DT network for the first time, but I cannot see it myself which is not very good for me. I felt too excited when I noticed that. Even though this is just for one month  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
I may make a suggestion. If we have to enter via the "enter" link, is there a possibility to at least place it in the middle of the page? It is almost unnoticeable on mobile devices in the top left corner. Also, some larger font would be great.

I have restored the main page as it was before the attack.

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
Maybe I missed something, but why BPIP can be accessed through BPIP.org? You have to click enter button and then you're redirected to BPIP.org/a11. At first I thought that something doesn't works there when I saw empty page until I noticed Enter button.

BPIP was under persistent DDoS attacks. If I understood correctly, the index page was changed to something random like /a11 in order to fool the bot created for this attack. In part, this is also a confirmation
The "Enter" link on the home page will remain there for a little longer, just in case the attacker reads this and gets all petulant again and decides to throw more traffic at it.

I may make a suggestion. If we have to enter via the "enter" link, is there a possibility to at least place it in the middle of the page? It is almost unnoticeable on mobile devices in the top left corner. Also, some larger font would be great.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
Maybe I missed something, but why BPIP can be accessed through BPIP.org? You have to click enter button and then you're redirected to BPIP.org/a11. At first I thought that something doesn't works there when I saw empty page until I noticed Enter button.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
I often visit BPIP to see the stats there and always change the theme to Neutral but this time it doesn't work the same as the other themes, so is this still not fixed?
I'm still not too comfortable with the default blue theme from the beginning preferring the neutral theme. Cheesy
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I'm just way too tired of hearing her songs at this point! Tongue

Oh, you're not going to buy her new album - Taylor's mom's version??
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
~

Thanks for your efforts, again. Hosting a big family event this weekend (which is still going...) so I didn't have much time to check yesterday but the site has felt much more responsive today... weirdly enough one of my favorite songs just came up on spotify as I was typing this, I felt it was relevant enough to post. Grin

LOL. It's not a bad song but I had to force myself to listen. I'm not a swiftie myself, although everyone in my family would probably love this song... I'm just way too tired of hearing her songs at this point! Tongue
legendary
This might probably be too much of a request, but I just wanted to ask if you guys have considered having a tor mirror of the site given the recent stupid attacks, or this will make the whole thing more costly?
Sorry about my ignorance regarding websites and how they are run.

A tor mirror hosted on the same server as the clearnet site would also be taken down in the event of a DDoS.

This type of attack (application layer) can take down an onion site just the same, even on a different server. On clearnet I can block at least some of it at the firewall. I don't know much about onion sites but I think my defense options would be more limited.

Anyway, it looks like the attacker is getting bored, traffic is easing off. If anyone is still experiencing issues with the site and/or the extension - please let me know. It should be working fine unless I screwed something up and blocked something I shouldn't have. The "Enter" link on the home page will remain there for a little longer, just in case the attacker reads this and gets all petulant again and decides to throw more traffic at it.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
This might probably be too much of a request, but I just wanted to ask if you guys have considered having a tor mirror of the site given the recent stupid attacks, or this will make the whole thing more costly?

A tor mirror hosted on the same server as the clearnet site would also be taken down in the event of a DDoS.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1777
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
legendary
Hello friends, as far as I can see the attack continues. I tried it from my mobile before and I couldn't, and now from my PC I first get a blank page with a link that says 'Enter' and when I hit it, it keeps loading for a while until it gives a 504 Gateway Time-out error.

Yeah I'm playing whack-a-mole with the attacker now, either I will run out of disk space of a blacklist, or the dipshit will run out of IPs. So the site may go off and on unfortunately while this is happening.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
Hello friends, as far as I can see the attack continues. I tried it from my mobile before and I couldn't, and now from my PC I first get a blank page with a link that says 'Enter' and when I hit it, it keeps loading for a while until it gives a 504 Gateway Time-out error.
legendary
Need to filter it off as far away from the server as possible.
How about CloudFront? So far, it's holding up for me.

Yeah I tried that... unfortunately didn't work out too well.

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
I haven't been feeling any slowness on the back-end at all today. I have a feeling something is being blocked or redirected higher up within the traffic's path, or SM intentionally redirected/stopped the traffic higher up after some changes made yesterday. Development side of things are running fine though, DB is accessible and appears fast, and the parsers are happy.

Obviously someone has a grudge they felt would be best resolved through a DDoS?  *shrug*   It's a waste of time and resources, but I hope they get whatever psychological venting they appear to need from it. Roll Eyes

We can fill our coffins with the rocks they have thrown or we can build our castles with the sticks and the stones.
legendary
Activity: 3556
Merit: 4191
Not me just realizing that this useful site has been getting attacks in the past few days. The timing is weird, though. Why now? Why not during the previous bull run or something like that. The fact that the forum has been getting frequent downtimes in the past few weeks as well could mean something.
You hinting that the government it poking around?

@suchmoon ibminer or anyone else associated with Bpip, get your butts to work!!!! Kidding of course, I just read the last few posts and wish people would get a life.
Pages:
Jump to: