Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 40. (Read 19683 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

I actually calculated those three values three different ways, so I could see when something was not right.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
A quick acknowledgment that we're not ignoring you all, just busy fixing stuff.

The site runs on an undersized VM so it might be slow at times. Like right now compressing the daily backup seems to have brought it down. Please bear with us until we figure out some of these issues.

We're aware of merit and trust mismatches. Will tackle that over the next couple of weeks. All examples posted in this thread help tremendously, so thank you for that.

From what I've seen, PBIP misses about 1% of all profiles. If you could check the missing ones against http://loyce.club/usernames/, that would be great Smiley

I've found and re-fetched 520 missing profiles. It now seems to be keeping up.

Thanks for all the feedback and keep it coming, much appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
Hey,

First of all, thanks for taking the effort to bring the tool back to live !

Just a quick feedback regarding the slowliness today. Like 20sec to access it first.

Not sure if it's a peering issue with my ISP or if more of us are involved?

Merit display is also lagging way behind, but I suspect you already know this one? Smiley
Edit: Same as stated above. Last line is correct, but the "value" line is wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
I noticed one more small bug in my profile, which may be happening in other profiles as well.
My profile bug is different:
Code:
Trust Feedback Information
  Pos Neu Neg
Received 0 0 0
Trust color: Dark Green

My profile has more bugs:

On the first table have 1100 merits, on second 99 earned, on log 107 (even if I have 108)
Also, the trust rating is:

Code:
  Pos Neu Neg
Received 0 0 0
Trust color: Light Green

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I noticed one more small bug in my profile, which may be happening in other profiles as well.
My profile bug is different:
Code:
  Pos Neu Neg
Received 0 0 0
Trust color: Dark Green
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hello,

Pos   Neu   Neg
Received   1   0   0
Trust color:   Black

Shouldn't this color be marked as green? As I have 1 pos and 0 of the others?
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
There are some issues with showing merits at the moment.
I am not sure if it is a bug, or something else, but I am getting 'Server Error in '/' Application...'

Thanks, corrected. (and the sum should now be appearing correctly at the bottom as well.)
legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
There are some issues with showing merits at the moment.
I am not sure if it is a bug, or something else, but I am getting 'Server Error in '/' Application...'
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Something like that (for real use cases of data on ranks): Where receivers received merits from, and meriters sents merits to. I moved further and complicated things from your data and DdmrDdmr's Merit Dashboard. From the results, I think we have interesting overview, but such things should be played around yearly (if we do).

But for userrank, DdmrDdmr has it already so if it costs your time, and some the other things, it is not worth to pay some kinda of resources on it. I agree.
legendary
"What if we can observe data on DT 1/2 members over months and see how long as well as how consistent they maintain their positions as DT1/2 members. I know with the algorithm to automatically include and exclude DT members each month from theymos, it seems to be difficult that someone can maintain DT member positions for many months.

theymos updates his trust list each month so if you can, please dump that data monthly.  Cheesy
I more or less kept track of this since May 2019 in Complete overview of users on DT1 and DT2 and their ratings. For DT1, I'm still planning to make my dtview-viewer, but I ran into some dificulties and never got to finish it.

This should not be difficult to implement.
It's doable indeed, but I don't really want to add more "categories" to my data collecting. And I can't think of a use for a list of usernames and ranks. Piggy made something like it in Open scraped data of all the users - SQL Lite DB - 2.481.270 users, but it's not being updated.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
But this time, it is for ranks
Code:
userid: userrank
Do you mean for only DT1 and DT2 users, or for all users? The former is easy to do, the latter will have outdated information because 2.7 million profiles aren't instantly updated on BPIP.
This should not be difficult to implement. There could be a column in their database with the forum reported activity, a column with the date the information was pulled and a column when the last post posted was. They would monitor recent posts and add a row for each new post. They could periodically run a query on their database to get an estimated activity level for each account that returns accounts that have estimated activity that exceeds the next threshold required to rank up (also filtering for those with the necessary merit to rank to the next rank) and only scrape those profile pages.
legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Code:
Do you mean for only DT1 and DT2 users, or for all users? The former is easy to do, the latter will have outdated information because 2.7 million profiles aren't instantly updated on BPIP.
Initially, I thought of ranks for all users because I thought BPIP has such data despite of the fact BPIP does not instantly update it, especially recent months.

From your comments, it raises one thing that you can dump such data easily. I have the idea like that:
"What if we can observe data on DT 1/2 members over months and see how long as well as how consistent they maintain their positions as DT1/2 members. I know with the algorithm to automatically include and exclude DT members each month from theymos, it seems to be difficult that someone can maintain DT member positions for many months.

theymos updates his trust list each month so if you can, please dump that data monthly.  Cheesy
legendary
Code:
legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I am showing as DT2, but I am on DT1.  :/
Could you consider to add a raw results in the format loyce.club use, please.

Like that one, for username: loyce.club/usernames/usernames.txt
Code:
userid: username
Code:
legendary
Goonies never say die.
I am showing as DT2, but I am on DT1.  :/

Yes, I thought I had this corrected the other day but it came back.  Smiley  I have a feeling the DT2 procedure is somehow overriding DT1 when it runs, not really sure yet.
(this is what I was referring to when I said my first attempt at including the DT2 strength under the DT1 procedure failed... I thought it had created this bug. I undid the changes made and corrected the DB entries, and it seemed to be fine after it re-ran the DT1/2 procedures, but yes, it seems to have come back.)

UPDATE: OK! DT1/2 displays should be better now..  Grin
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I am showing as DT2, but I am on DT1.  :/
legendary
Goonies never say die.
This is an amazing project, I really like it. I am glad the website is back. Congrats.
Thank you. Smiley

I noticed a few small glitches. I don't know if anyone noticed them yet, but I am pointing them out...
Looks like the search procedure needs some updating... the profile procedure had been updated in the past to work with numerous back-end changes which have happened to the DB structure, so we just need to get that search procedure updated to reflect those changes. The most accurate numbers are going to be on the profile page itself at the moment.

I can't see DT2 in my profile as well, but I saw in some other users.
I don't believe you are on DT2 at the moment
... maybe the recent DT1 selections knocked you off?

UPDATE: Search procedure has been updated, these numbers should now match the profile page.
legendary
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hello,

This is an amazing project, I really like it. I am glad the website is back. Congrats.

I noticed a few small glitches. I don't know if anyone noticed them yet, but I am pointing them out...

Even though I have a green trust, it still shows as 0-0-0 in BPIP.
516. 1554927: bitmover (Trust: +1 / =0 / -0) (1173 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

I noticed that in this page my total activity is also different from the profile in bpip (518 against 714).

Those problems may be affecting more users.

I can't see DT2 in my profile as well, but I saw in some other users.
legendary
That shows how DT1-blacklisting would influence their DT-strength.
DT1 strength or DT2 strength? .. Now I'm confused lol ..  Grin
Both Tongue
I'm thinking about this scenario, in which a "downvoted" DT1 member would end up on DT2 if he gets excluded from DT1.
To quote my Mobile:
This means it is possible that a DT1-exclusion leads to a member being on DT2 which wouldn't happen without blacklisting. This is probably caused by the fact that excluded DT1-members can vote against other DT1-members, but they can't vote against DT2-members.
legendary
Goonies never say die.
I'm confused already: where's dt1strength?
Tongue  Well, why not just "Strongest DT1 Eligibility" (r=dt1eligibility?).  Cool

That shows how DT1-blacklisting would influence their DT-strength.
DT1 strength or DT2 strength? .. Now I'm confused lol ..  Grin

My first attempt at showing the DT2 strength for DT1 failed, but I now know why, I just need to look into this a bit more to make sure it won't hurt other procedures before implementing.. need to devote some time to a few other things first.. but if suchmoon doesn't have any animosity towards the idea, it'll be on the todo list. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: