Pages:
Author

Topic: Bradley Manning - page 2. (Read 6273 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
June 06, 2013, 10:29:43 AM
He is a traitor who deserves to rot in prison.

For how long? Of course he deserves some punishment for breaking his oath, but how much is fair?

Life in prison is not fair. Also what is with the stories of torture? No matter what he could have done, that should not happen.

Let's watch it play out in court.

He disseminated classified information and gave intel to our countries enemies. That's more than breaking an oath, that's treason.

He knew what the consequences of betraying his country were (particularly being in the military), and now he was to pay those consequences.

It's only treason if people died as a result. Did people die as a result?
Otherwise I don't see how it's worse than what Robert Hanssen did, or Aldrich Ames. What Aldrich Ames did was treason.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
June 04, 2013, 10:33:02 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 04, 2013, 06:49:13 PM
If an off-topic topic becomes so overwhelming to the thread, that it becomes the only topic, is it still off-topic, or is it the new on-topic?

Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1280
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
June 04, 2013, 06:06:21 AM
After reading through the last few pages of this thread, I think somewhere along the line it has gone a little off topic.
Indeed, the off-topic started at the first reply
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
June 03, 2013, 11:29:43 PM
I've noticed since the Bradley Manning / Wikileaks thing started that the conservatives that hate our government so much are the first to jump to defend it and call Bradley a traitor. Our government is the one committing war crimes in our name. Bradley simply aired their dirty laundry. He's a hero and the government will continue to spew mountains of propaganda to make you hate him. He's just a kid with a conscience. If you can't see that you're probably more of traitor to freedom than you say he is.

Don't worry, most of us can see this.  SEC agent is just the literal definition of idiot:

id·i·ot 
/ˈidēət/
Noun
1 A stupid person.
2 A mentally handicapped person.

Well, he's one or the other, anyway.  I'm not sure if patriots count as mentally handicapped.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 03, 2013, 11:20:53 PM
Someone's never heard of furries...

I just looked it up...and then promptly erased my browser history (thanks).  So you perverts want to fuck cartoon animals or something?  Is this common amongst bitcoiners?

Wait, no...nevermind.  I think "ignorance is bliss" applies here.

I, uh, have nothing to do with those two

<.<
>.>
o.o

*walks off stage*

Also, those cute fuzzy koalas are the rapiest animals in all of animal kingdom. The moar you know.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
The North Remembers
June 03, 2013, 11:11:01 PM
I've noticed since the Bradley Manning / Wikileaks thing started that the conservatives that hate our government so much are the first to jump to defend it and call Bradley a traitor. Our government is the one committing war crimes in our name. Bradley simply aired their dirty laundry. He's a hero and the government will continue to spew mountains of propaganda to make you hate him. He's just a kid with a conscience. If you can't see that you're probably more of traitor to freedom than you say he is.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
America, land of the free
June 03, 2013, 11:05:34 PM
No, I'm tired of watching crazy people doing mental gymnastics to justify raping animals. This isn't the type of discussion that should warrant multiple pages.

Seriously, you bicoiners are sick.  
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 03, 2013, 10:13:47 PM
Whatever makes you feel better about being a catfucker, pervert

It sounds like you're just too stubborn to admit that what they're saying kinda makes sense mate.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
June 03, 2013, 09:54:40 PM
So the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate why an animal is capable of consenting to sex with another animal but incapable of consenting to sex with a human. as specifically as possible please explain why this is the case.

Are you serious?

Our legal system has a clear definition of "sexual consent" and "rape" that (like all of our laws) pertains to human action, not what animals do to each other.    

A cat raping another cat has absolutely nothing to do with a human raping a cat.

frankly i couldn't care less what sociopaths in silly hats think about the definitions of words. i believe rape means non-consensual sex. you are entitled to believe that it means something else if you wish.
June 03, 2013, 09:48:49 PM
Whatever makes you feel better about being a catfucker, pervert
June 03, 2013, 09:26:41 PM
You know what other group of people use the exact same line of reasoning for their actions?

Child molesters.

Just like them, you can dance around the topic of your perversion all you like, and you can try to justify it however you see fit, but when it comes down to it you are just another disgusting rapist.

June 03, 2013, 09:02:22 PM
I'm fighting for people who are discriminated against.

Rapists should not only be discriminated against, but also locked away from society forever.
June 03, 2013, 09:00:58 PM
If your argument is that animals cannot consent to sex, then you believe that all sex between animals is rape.

No, by the legal definition of "consent", a human cannot have consensual sex with an animal.  Period.  "Consent" and "rape" have no legal definition outside of human interaction

I think all of that catsex has made you a little slow, because we seem to be going in circles here.

Lets try this another way. If we were discussing dogfighting, cockfighting, or other form of extreme physical animal abuse, would you defend it by saying "well animals fight in nature, so it must be ok"?  I would hope not, because its asinine to compare the two situations.  In a dogfight, the humans are clearly coercing the animals to fight, and even though it may be in the dogs nature to fight when cornered, it is being forced to fight.  In this case, the dog is clearly being abused (regardless of whether animal violence also happens in nature).

June 03, 2013, 08:46:51 PM
But this isn't about the law, this is about whether or not it's rape. If you want to make it about the law, beastiality isn't illegal in some states, so by your logic, it's okay there.

Its not about the law (or more specifically, whats legal and where), but about the clearly defined legal terms "consent" and "rape".
June 03, 2013, 08:45:42 PM
Thank you. Also, I do not, and have never, had sex with my cat

Maybe, maybe not.

Even if you haven't, you sure are fighting hard for people who do, and that's not much better
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
June 03, 2013, 07:30:02 PM
yet these practices do not require an animal's consent, nor do they even consider the animal's feelings, unlike beastiality.

So what you are saying is, before you personally fuck an animal, you make sure to get its consent? ( because it sounds like you are speaking from experiance here)

So, how exactly does an animal consent to rape, and why do you feel the need to defend perverts who rape animals?

a) I'm not someone who does that, I simply hold an opinion on it.

b) How does your dog let you know it does NOT consent to, say, being taken to the vet, or getting a bath?

c) I feel the need to because I don't actually think it's rape. I know how it feels to be hated and discriminated against.
June 03, 2013, 08:42:50 PM
So the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate why an animal is capable of consenting to sex with another animal but incapable of consenting to sex with a human. as specifically as possible please explain why this is the case.

Are you serious?

Our legal system has a clear definition of "sexual consent" and "rape" that (like all of our laws) pertains to human action, not what animals do to each other.    

A cat raping another cat has absolutely nothing to do with a human raping a cat.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
June 03, 2013, 08:26:30 PM
You do realize that the only reason drunk or drugged people would not resist is because they CAN'T.

Wait, what? Drunk or drugged people cant legally consent because they are not considered mentally capable to consent.  This is why "date rape" is such a serious issue.  It has nothing to do with physical capability.

Oh, and you're also implying mentally ill people can't have sex either, because that would ALWAYS be rape.

When a person of full mental capabilities has sex with someone with severe mental retardation, it is rape, and the law views it as such.

If animals can't consent to sex, ANY sex between animals is rape, according to you.

Nope, when an human takes advantage of an animal, it is rape. As I stated before, the animal does not have the mentally ability to consent (in the same a way child isnt mentally capable) and even worse cannot communicate its consent (even if it were possible).  Rape does occur in the animal kingdom amongst animals, but that has very little to do with what we are discussing, nor is it everytime.

Are we done with your bullshit strawmen arguments now? 

June 03, 2013, 08:23:52 PM
You do realize that the only reason drunk or drugged people would not resist is because they CAN'T.

Wait, what? Drunk or drugged people cant legally consent because they are not considered mentally capable to consent.  This is why "date rape" is such a serious issue.  It has nothing to do with physical capability.

Oh, and you're also implying mentally ill people can't have sex either, because that would ALWAYS be rape.

When a person of full mental capabilities has sex with someone with severe mental retardation, it is rape, and the law views it as such.

If animals can't consent to sex, ANY sex between animals is rape, according to you.

Nope, when an human takes advantage of an animal, it is rape. As I stated before, the animal does not have the mentally ability to consent to sex with a person (in the same a way child isnt mentally capable) and even worse cannot communicate its consent (even if it were possible).  Rape does occur in the animal kingdom amongst animals, but that has very little to do with what we are discussing, nor is it everytime.

Are we done with your bullshit strawmen arguments now?  

Look, no matter which way you try to characterize it, when you fuck your cat, you are raping it...even if Ms. Whiskers was laying provocatively on your couch and you are really sure she wants it, it is still rape.
Pages:
Jump to: