Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Bitstamp Halts Bitcoin & Ripple Withdrawals ! - page 2. (Read 7286 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Another dude posting about the same issue had his withdrawal blocked: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-this-for-real-477327
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
The Gox misery is putting heavy pressure on the other exchanges. real exchanges would suspend trading if that happened and even halt withdrawals.. you bet on it.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
i just got this email Cry they block my btc withdraw v scared stupid bitstamp i am sending them email now i see if i can post screenshot of the email in a bit why they do this to their customer not good, i think many many person getting this email
donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Have just requested withdrawal of 30btc. Status: "Waiting to be processed"

why would you ever keep 30btc on an exchange? keeping over like .5 not in a wallet seems stupid.

Because I've just bought it for cheap Smiley

Guys, please spread more FUD so I can buy more at $300 or less.
OP's title is a wee bit sensational. Tone it down a tiny bit, please?

+1, FUD
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
I AM SO SICK OF THIS, BITCOIN IS FUCKING DEAD AND THE FOUNDATION IS JUST DOING NOTHING!

LOL. Bitcoin is working fine.

Centralized exchanges... not so much.

Apparently the bridge between Bitcoin and fiat is very difficult to build.

Oh yes it is very. But indeed it is on it's way Smiley Builders are working 24/7/365
Activity: 13

why would you ever keep 30btc on an exchange? keeping over like .5 not in a wallet seems stupid.
Activity: 448
OP's title is a wee bit sensational. Tone it down a tiny bit, please?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
I AM SO SICK OF THIS, BITCOIN IS FUCKING DEAD AND THE FOUNDATION IS JUST DOING NOTHING!

LOL. Bitcoin is working fine.

Centralized exchanges... not so much.

Apparently the bridge between Bitcoin and fiat is very difficult to build.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
And here is user/hazek (of Bitstamp)'s reply, just this second. Rather terse, they should really work on their communication, but in principle what most of use suspected:

There are no general Bitcoin withdrawal issues presently. User's who are reporting that they are unable to withdraw Bitcoins will be notified individually via email.
donator
Activity: 784
Activity: 41
Just withdrawed btc from stamp, worked like a charm.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Probably the same people who engineered the market collapse at MtGox are trying to achieve similar results with Bitstamp.
This attack is probably just the start, they'll try to create panic by spreading FUD, hoping to crash hard the price on Bitstamp too.
Activity: 266
Simple warning to prevent pshing scammer
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
i just got this email i panicked the fuck out and came here, so it's true! I can't withdraw BTC from bitstamp!!!!! BITSTAMP HALTED BTC WITHDRAWALS JUST LIKE GOX!

Activity: 924
I have not received this email.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Here's what I posted before, in the bitstamp thread and the wall thread:

re: Bitstamp withdrawal.

Might be some automatized safety thing, that wasn't exactly thought through very well?

Maybe something like: If IP address changes regularly, stop withdrawal. Something moronic like that.

Aaanyway...

Just bought 1 btc for testing purposes, and btc withdrawal works for me, as they always did. Arrived at my address a few minutes later.

NOTE: I'm not denying that some accounts have problems withdrawing, but at least we know that not all accounts are affected.
Merit: 500
There is a thread in service discussion

"Anyone else got bitstamp btc withdrawal problems? "

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anyone-else-got-bitstamp-btc-withdrawal-problems-476614

and one in main discussion

"Bitstamp Acting Very Strange : Heads Up"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477281.new#new
Merit: 251
Giga
no way. i'm affected too

There we go another one, guys this is not just a few people it's ALOT of users. Trollbox is just talking about the same too.
Merit: 500
Any news how many Bitcoins have been stolen already?
Pages:
Jump to: