Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Multiple Exchanges Affected - Possible Global Shutdown - page 4. (Read 13943 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Global Shutdown!!! really?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

It will harm bitcoin because it will invoke more bad press.

just need to remember - that if people will harm Bitcoin to get cheap coins oneday it can tourover and they will cry of what they does.
(I wish it will never happens and I even dont think like that usually to do not cause it by sayin)
Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Good story, and I it's good to see the someone is attacking bitcoin in away that it requires the exchanges to be more responsible for everything that comes into and goes out of their website. Smiley

Yes. Those attacks will show them their problems and if they are smart they will use it as a gift. Smiley

Bad press has yet to break bitcoin.  It is here to stay.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Good story, and I it's good to see the someone is attacking bitcoin in away that it requires the exchanges to be more responsible for everything that comes into and goes out of their website. Smiley

Yes. Those attacks will show them their problems and if they are smart they will use it as a gift. Smiley

The press already know bitcoin is volatile as it is. I doubt the problem with the exchanges will affect much.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

legendary

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Actually blockchain is affected, the data on it is not trustable. Many missing payments, now already chaos. As for shutdown, anything can happen. In past 24 hours, I got several payments that is never be confirmed, if you think this is not serious, then why gox and bitstamp suspended business?

The payments might not have had a fee, or too many inputs (kb size) for the fee to cover
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Another scam to get cheap coins  Cheesy

This is the last chance though
legendary
Worse thing is, people believe it. They sell their coins for no reason and those FUD spreaders earn a decent buck because of it. It's a cheap, unfair and low way to earn money.

Agree! Smiley But there are realy good coders in Bitcoin society and I guess war between coders and hackers is nothing new...

Bank online systems were attacked so so so so many times.
And? Smiley and now they have better security Smiley  And better coders ex. h@x0r'5

Exactly, this forum is becoming a burden here. Everyday I have to pile through threads of nonsense to find something that is useful for me and the everyday (non 'sheep) user.
Yet those systems still get hacked. Yes, we need our coders to unite and start contributing more.

Yes we need and it is happening I guess.

Bitcoin society is powerful as I know...
 Smiley
I am sure that many of guys are working on it 24/7/365

Smiley from 2008.

And till now! Bitcoin is Alieve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ChrdJoBCk
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Worse thing is, people believe it. They sell their coins for no reason and those FUD spreaders earn a decent buck because of it. It's a cheap, unfair and low way to earn money.

Agree! Smiley But there are realy good coders in Bitcoin society and I guess war between coders and hackers is nothing new...

And? Smiley and now they have better security Smiley  And better coders ex. h@x0r'5

Exactly, this forum is becoming a burden here. Everyday I have to pile through threads of nonsense to find something that is useful for me and the everyday (non 'sheep) user.
Yet those systems still get hacked. Yes, we need our coders to unite and start contributing more.
legendary
This is why we need newbie restrictions back and even set the requirements higher. This is getting out of control. Too many pointless, FUD spreading threads from OP with limited to no knowledge.
I totally agree with you. I am so tired of all this bullshit. A day can't go by without someone claiming that the Bitcoin price will  fall and trying to make people sell their coins.
A day can't go by without hundreds if not thousands of posts claiming something which is completely wrong or not backed by any facts (i.e. due to lack of knowledge).

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
This is why we need newbie restrictions back and even set the requirements higher. This is getting out of control. Too many pointless, FUD spreading threads from OP with limited to no knowledge.
I totally agree with you. I am so tired of all this bullshit. A day can't go by without someone claiming that the Bitcoin price will  fall and trying to make people sell their coins.
A day can't go by without hundreds if not thousands of posts claiming something which is completely wrong or not backed by any facts (i.e. due to lack of knowledge).
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I totally agree with you. I am so tired of all this bullshit. A day can't go by without someone claiming that the Bitcoin price will  fall and trying to make people sell their coins.
Even if all major exchanges (gox, btc-e, bitstamp, btcchina) get closed (highly unlikely and unprobable). The users will move to the (currently) minor ones, and they will take the place of the previous ones.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Possible global shutdown? No.
I agree with this. I am getting sick of this bullshit.
Activity: 406
all people want chasout.
legendary
Actually blockchain is affected, the data on it is not trustable. Many missing payments, now already chaos. As for shutdown, anything can happen. In past 24 hours, I got several payments that is never be confirmed, if you think this is not serious, then why gox and bitstamp suspended business?

Ehmm.. Smiley
Too much panic.
Activity: 252
Sentinel
Bitcoin.de halted all payouts with reference to the same reason...

This sucker seems big.

Quote from: translated BitCoin.de Forum Announcement
Bitcoin.de is affected like some other markets by the same problem as MtGox: The Malleable Transaction. Currently, a massive DDOS attack takes place through a botnet against the entire Bitcoin network.

So far only a few of our payments were affected, but we have decided to temporarily halt the payments. Our developers are already working feverishly to solve the problem.

Bitcoins were not lost. Your deposits are safe, but we ask for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.
Activity: 406
Im waiting for the price to drop below $1 sometime this year so I can buy more  /sarcasm .

Also - Possible global shutdown... of what, exactly?

Very Possible
Activity: 294
BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT
Im waiting for the price to drop below $1 sometime this year so I can buy more  /sarcasm .

Also - Possible global shutdown... of what, exactly?
Pages:
Jump to: