Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Multiple Exchanges Affected - Possible Global Shutdown - page 5. (Read 13943 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Possible global shutdown? No.
I agree with this. I am getting sick of this bullshit.
This is why we need newbie restrictions back and even set the requirements higher. This is getting out of control. Too many pointless, FUD spreading threads from OP with limited to no knowledge.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I waiting for price to drop below $10 sometime this year so that i can buy more.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
waiting for price to drop below $400 sometime this year so that i can buy more.
Activity: 314
Merit: 251
Got this earlier this morning trying to connect to blockchain.info:

I got this myself too when I tried to look up one of my cold wallets.  It timed out because of pages of that stupid "Enjoy", "Sochi" spam transaction was trying to load from blockchain.info website.

Other address without the spam loaded fast.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
This is one reason why I don't store my bitcoins on exchanges or in other hosted wallets. I am completely unaffected. Hopefully this event will knock some sense into some people.

And while I'm on the subject ... sometime in the next few months, the wallet of some major site will be hacked and a bunch of people are going to lose all of there bitcoins. You heard it here first.

Wait, What?  Did something important happen?  I didn't notice.  My client says everything is fine.
Activity: 342
Actually blockchain is affected, the data on it is not trustable. Many missing payments, now already chaos. As for shutdown, anything can happen.

You're joking right? I'm on blockchain right now, my wallet has the right funds. Stop spreading FUD... They were DDos'd early which has nothing to do with stolen funds.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
That is quite normal for Blockchain.info. They have been slow for a while now and these errors sometimes pop up. Nothing to worry about Wink
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Actually blockchain is affected, the data on it is not trustable. Many missing payments, now already chaos. As for shutdown, anything can happen. In past 24 hours, I got several payments that is never be confirmed, if you think this is not serious, then why gox and bitstamp suspended business?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Activity: 259
100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001
Perhaps not as massive an attack as originally thought...

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/02/bitcoin-ddos/

"It turns out that a small number of these bad transactions have been broadcast in the background of the bitcoin network for some time now, but after Mt. Gox went public with its problems, someone cranked up the volume. “Some joker is rewriting thousands of bitcoin transactions and rebroadcasting them,” says Jeff Garzik, a core developer on the bitcoin software. “It’s not a “massive and concerted” attack, probably just a bored teenager with one computer.”"
If this is a "meltdown" then why is the price still over $600....

Exactly.  For all the doom and gloomers, look at the price!  1 BTC is still worth a lot of money.

People are really narrow minded when they look at whats going on right now. This time last year what was the price? Under 100? We are still so positive when it comes to price it isn't even funny. Those claiming about meltdowns and other FUD are just mad because they panic sold. Bears will be bears. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with bitcoin. This will blow over, mark my words.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Exactly.  For all the doom and gloomers, look at the price!  1 BTC is still worth a lot of money.

Unless Bitstamp suddenly halts fiat withdrawals as well I wouldn't worry.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
oh no!! the sky is falling!!! We are all doomed!! Another weakling OP posting fear on the Bitcoin forum!!! Everyone panic!!!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
This is one reason why I don't store my bitcoins on exchanges or in other hosted wallets. I am completely unaffected. Hopefully this event will knock some sense into some people.

+1000!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

My $.02.

Wink

this will never happen  Roll Eyes

but its not the end of the world (or of bitcoin)  Cheesy
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
Thread title is a little misleading.   Possible global shutdown is pretty strongly worded...

The fact that mods do nothing to counter the FUD shows how retarded this forum has become. It's not turtles all the way down, it's trolls.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Thread title is a little misleading.   Possible global shutdown is pretty strongly worded...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Holy crap, everybody sell now or say goodbye to your life savings

I would go out on a limb and say that most of the people here don't have their life savings in their bitcoin wallets lol
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Holy crap, everybody sell now or say goodbye to your life savings
Pages:
Jump to: