Pages:
Author

Topic: Bryan Micon's List of Non-BCST Ponzi's Still Running (with credit rating) - page 2. (Read 13314 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
I must say I did enjoy reading the prevarications of a certain "administrative clerk" with delusions of grandeur. "Cartel", eh?

Kids these days...

9/30/12

Effective immediately,

I am defaulting on my BDK.BND debt. Beyond this, I will no longer be honoring the contract in the form I originally laid out. I previously intended to empty my non-legal wife's (we personally consider ourselves married, but legally, we are individual and thus have rights we'd otherwise forfeit) 401(k). I obviously did not want to do this, but it became clear it was necessary as I was looking at $200-250/wk interest on this single debt while having been financially raped by loans to various members of the community (No, Pirate is not the primary cause of my distress. Please don't turn this into some Pirate discussion.). After weeks of tha stress, on top of previous stress... heated arguments... -- this is no longer an option. I do not think her response to my actions is unreasonable (she's already effectively lost tens of thousands due to my actions), but this clearly affects my ability to repay within what I'd consider a reasonable time-frame. I currently have a negative net worth excluding my residence which would be protected under a personal bankruptcy filing which I will not pursue unless a suit is formally filed against me. I'd advise against taking action on potential cynicism, and suggest you give me at least a couple months to confirm I am indeed making a decent effort toward repaying what I owe.

I am unable to pay interest on my current BDK.BND debt. It's impossible for me to keep up with that, living expenses, and interest on other debts which are small enough where I can close them - and I apologize, in a sense, for the unfairness of how this is being handled. BDK.BND-holders, who I've always wanted most protected from risk, are now getting the shaft. I cannot subject my wife to more loss, and will be forcing BDK.BND holders to suffer as a result of my unwillingness to liquidate my residence. I apologize for the trust I've violated, the business mismanagement, and this default as a result. If I were unable to compartmentalize, I would be unable to write this. I am truly and deeply sorry. I also apologize for not having the emotional fortitude to prevent what I'm also about to announce: I will not be communicating much, if at all. I will likely not read anything written in this thread beyond this post for months. I just can't handle it when there are many things I need to do to get the situation in order. I will not be responding to phone calls, Skype messages, nor responding to emails. I will not be clarifying what I've written, and will not be responding to questions. I just can't right now, and understand how bad that looks and is. Again, I apologize. I will post an impersonal message each time I make a dividend payment.

All BTC I currently own will go toward BDK.BND payments. These will come in the form of irregular, unannounced dividends -- there will no longer be .001BTC/bond dividends each week. I will never buy BDK.BND back, and that section of the contract can be considered practically void. I can do nothing but assure everyone that I have no intent to make any purchases of BDK.BND units, and will allow them to trade freely on GLBSE as people value them given I have absolutely no information on when, and in what amount, these bonds will be repaid. However, I promise I will repay the debt as it stands, as I'm able. So long as GLBSE is active, I am alive, and earning income, I will continue to make dividend payments on BDK.BND units as a gesture of goodwill (and appreciation for not suing me into bankruptcy) beyond the .101BTC "hard debt" I currently consider as existing. Basically - I will be making larger, more rapid payments until dividends beyond this date reach .101BTC/bond. After that time, I will continue paying irregular dividends in a way which is appropriate for the gratitude I owe, and possible for the amount I need to live. I am unable to provide a repayment schedule or dividend schedule. Essentially - I'm giving what I can without forcing an unreasonable amount of loss (beyond what I've currently caused) onto my non-legal wife, and I naively hope everyone trusts me to be doing exactly what I'm saying I will. I'll provide instructions in my will to give an update (with death certificate) on this forum in the event of my death. Though things have been pretty shit lately, I am not at all suicidal -- just gave the info in that last sentence as an FYI.

-Ben

(Additionally... Someone may remember I recently posted assets/liabilities on my side. This included many of my non-legal wife's assets. The CU/bank assets have been largely emptied to repay CD-holders and my mother, who fronted us money to purchase this house [I've since defaulted on that loan, too, after a partial repayment so I could repay CD-holders]. There is still one outstanding CD-holder who has been excessively generous in providing me time to repay.)

(Many individuals have my home address [NOT the Spring Arbor address. That is a family member's house. DO NOT release that address.]. I would prefer my home address not be released publicly, but would also not consider public release of that information unwarranted. If you are coming for a visit, I would like at least a voice message a day or two prior. Harm toward family's off-limits, and I would physically object to bodily harm which may result in my stay in a hospital, as that'd further impede repayment. I am armed, so please keep ideas of physical violence in check.)

Hey, whudda thunk it....
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Ty for posts about new-er BTC ponzi's.  Will update this over the weekend.
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
Traditional angel funding (in the unlikely event anything significant's ever repaid) is probably the harshest to collect on since there generally aren't hard terms defining exactly what should happen, except when $10m+ companies with a brigade of lawyers are able to draft it up in a satisfactory manner. So, you might get a slip of paper (if lucky) saying you own 10% of Bullocks, LLC - aaaand... well - good luck turning that into anything useful. With regards to that, debt is a very attractive investment, because it has easy-to-define terms. I'm strolling way off-topic, though.
Which is of course part of the reason the SEC has "accredited investor" rules which restrict those kinds of investments to the wealthy - anyone else is almost certain to get scammed.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

Feel? Feelings have nothing to do with it.

Start reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme (This is recommended to most of you, who love screaming "ponzy", every time you see something you do not understand. Wink

I had a chance to ask some questions from Obsi about the OBSI.HRPT. Hi is running a passthrough to some really shady crap and it sure stinks bad. Ponzy? Not 100% sure. Chat was in open channel and he admitted that he is not sure can he get the coin out before the "location" is set up and running properly. "Location" = new shop for debt purchases and loans.

You can add this one to your list: [CRYPTOSTOCKS] Private loan pass-through (WIT), Dividend up to 1.2% daily  This is not his first time here, scamming people for coin.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
I must say I did enjoy reading the prevarications of a certain "administrative clerk" with delusions of grandeur. "Cartel", eh?

Kids these days...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
It looks like the tide is going out and a lot of people are going to be left standing there without pants on.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
From the little I recall from HK in the cartel room, his problem is in liquidity, not negative equity, so we might be able to come to an agreement with him which is amicable for his depositors if he is unable to repay them within a reasonable amount of time (I have no idea if that's the case -- I'm speaking out of my ass a bit).
I'll admit that I don't know enough about the details to have much confidence in my conclusions. But I would just warn you that an equity problem often looks like a liquidity problem in the early stages.

For example, say you had people who borrowed money from you guys and then "invested" that money with Pirate planning to profit from the interest difference. Now that Pirate stopped making interest payments, they can't make interest payments either. This may appear to be a liquidity problem because your borrowers are either still hoping Pirate will pay back or just don't want to admit that they aren't going to pay back their loans. Once time, these non-paying loans will probably mostly fully default. If you make (or guarantee) loans to ease the liquidity problem, when those loans finally do fully default, there will probably be no money to pay you back.

A lot of people who thought they had little or no Pirate exposure may find out the truth is otherwise.
I don't think many would consider Pirate debt an asset when calculating equity, anymore, including those you may consider scammy morons. There are obvious, extraordinary conditions right now causing liquidity problems, and if that's not a relatively short-term problem, I'd have no interest in it. Pirate debt was particularly attractive because, if you needed to, you could withdraw at any time. That is in contrast with the majority of BTC-related offerings. AFAIK, nobody offers demand deposits, and many (including myself) do not even allow CDs to be called prior to the date of maturity, even if the depositor offers to forfeit interest (at least - that's policy... something voluntary can be worked out). Traditional angel funding (in the unlikely event anything significant's ever repaid) is probably the harshest to collect on since there generally aren't hard terms defining exactly what should happen, except when $10m+ companies with a brigade of lawyers are able to draft it up in a satisfactory manner. So, you might get a slip of paper (if lucky) saying you own 10% of Bullocks, LLC - aaaand... well - good luck turning that into anything useful. With regards to that, debt is a very attractive investment, because it has easy-to-define terms. I'm strolling way off-topic, though.

The point is (or... was) - those who kept reserve funds in Pirate lost a good chunk (if not practically all) liquid funds, and now need to start calling in loans or denying renewals. When working something out (Imsa's case is different [and relatively easy to solve] since he wasn't very involved with lending outside the loss on Pirate), we need to figure out how much they can call loans for, figure out who would be willing to honor a voluntary call, and start the slow work of making that happen, because, as you and I have both noted, there are lendees who covertly invested funds in Pirate and had no intent (possibly ability) of covering losses. We aren't going to say "Oh - you say you have 10kBTC in deposits, 15kBTC in loans. Well, okay, sounds like you're good to go - here's a few thousand coins until you're back on your feet!" It also requires HK consent to us butting in and asking him these questions... Idunno - I'm talking about him a lot and I've heard very little from him. I don't think he publishes his operation finances anywhere, either... I don't mean to speak for him -- Idunno his situation very well, so I don't mean to imply anything about him or his situation.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
From the little I recall from HK in the cartel room, his problem is in liquidity, not negative equity, so we might be able to come to an agreement with him which is amicable for his depositors if he is unable to repay them within a reasonable amount of time (I have no idea if that's the case -- I'm speaking out of my ass a bit).
I'll admit that I don't know enough about the details to have much confidence in my conclusions. But I would just warn you that an equity problem often looks like a liquidity problem in the early stages.

For example, say you had people who borrowed money from you guys and then "invested" that money with Pirate planning to profit from the interest difference. Now that Pirate stopped making interest payments, they can't make interest payments either. This may appear to be a liquidity problem because your borrowers are either still hoping Pirate will pay back or just don't want to admit that they aren't going to pay back their loans. Once time, these non-paying loans will probably mostly fully default. If you make (or guarantee) loans to ease the liquidity problem, when those loans finally do fully default, there will probably be no money to pay you back.

A lot of people who thought they had little or no Pirate exposure may find out the truth is otherwise.
donator
Well since I was named...

I have bought back my Insured Pirate bonds...

I have bought back my Uninsured non guaranteed tygrr bond D... 
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/d-98421

I do not at all need help from the lending cartel and was able to manage my own risk... Yes I'm pretty destroyed by this mess but I still covered my debts.

Thank you...

Sorry - wasn't meaning to imply otherwise, just say that a lot of us work together to prevent depositors noticing any liquidity problems on our end in response to Zen. I'm focused on salvaging the situation, keeping us all in good standing with the community, and moving forward as a collective, and wanted it known - for selfish purposes.

It appears that HK is having liquidity problems. My interest payments have been stopped. Is hashking a member of the cartel and will assistance be provided to him by you?
Possibly - though maybe directly not by me. We have no leaders, really -- I don't get a final say, and there are no explicit cartel funds anyone can direct. HashKing is a member, though. Nick I've met in-person before, so I'm much more familiar with, and he's helped me a LOT personally - including offering a house at no charge while I was shopping around with a bit of desperation. HK's relatively new, and not someone I've met in-person, though he's also helped me out before when I was house-shopping -- I think we added him 3 months ago or so. I'm more often a recipient of intra-lender loans than a giver, to be honest, and we do things individually (much more "Anonymous"-like than having any serious organized structure -- there are no formal meetings, for example), but given how frequently we communicate in the room, we're often familiar enough with each other that we help when members have problems. When I had my GLBSE account emptied just a month or so ago, the cartel raised the equiv. of ~$4k to gift me - without any solicitation (though some "anti-solicitation") on my part - so there's a good bit of debt I feel I owe. I can help organize - and the rest of the cartel can, too. I'll likely be giving Imsa a large USD loan out of personal funds so he can get back to focusing on business instead of crushing BTC debt, and that pretty much empties me out as far as liquid non-reserved funds go. There are still a few not facing liquidity crises in the room, but we need to go outside the cartel for "real" money real quick, nowadays. However, it could probably be said that our informal job is to match people who want money up with people who have money, and in cases where we have fixed-term deposits, we're more guaranteeing the loan (for a fee) than issuing the loan with "our" funds - so... business as usual, I guess, now with higher stakes. Smiley

legendary
Micon, you are missing the most obvious current ponzi: OBSI.HRPT

It is within his contract though to take everyone's money whenever he wants, so I don't even know if it can be considered a scam  Wink
It appears to be a Stock Generation style Ponzi scheme. It's a scam because it claims that funds are actually invested when they are not. (Or they're invested in obvious Ponzi schemes which are not actually investments at all.)

The business receiving these investments is in the financial sector and currently expanding. They have demonstrated an excellent return on my personal investments and I thought now would be a good time to offer an alternative to the other high risk pass-through investment opportunities on the market.

The way I explain why these are so idiotic is by making this offer: Give me $5,000. I'll go to Vegas and if I win, we'll split the money.
Activity: 46
Merit: 1

I do not at all need help from the lending cartel and was able to manage my own risk... Yes I'm pretty destroyed by this mess but I still covered my debts.

Thank you...

Sorry - wasn't meaning to imply otherwise, just say that a lot of us work together to prevent depositors noticing any liquidity problems on our end in response to Zen. I'm focused on salvaging the situation, keeping us all in good standing with the community, and moving forward as a collective, and wanted it known - for selfish purposes.

It appears that HK is having liquidity problems. My interest payments have been stopped. Is hashking a member of the cartel and will assistance be provided to him by you?
donator

Thank you...

vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
Why would he care what the financial state of the lenders are?

You're right, he's not worried about that.  He's worried about making a name for himself by throwing as much shit at the walls as he can and then going with whatever sticks while ignoring the rest.  Why must his posts be titled "Bryan Micon's XYZ" when all of his posts already have his name next to them.  Putting his name in the title is redundant.. unless of course he's striving for SEO.
legendary
If Micon spent half as much time researching as he spent making wild accusations he'd have a good picture of the financial state of every lender on here.
Why would he care what the financial state of the lenders are? He's not trying to work out the right timing to invest in a Ponzi scheme and pull it before it fails. He's not interest in when they collapse.

I can know that someone who promises exorbitant interest rates, promises low risk, doesn't explain his business model, has no apparent business, makes regular payments at a constant rate, and requires an ever-increasing supply of borrowed money at these exorbitant rates is almost certainly operating a Ponzi scheme (or similar scam). This is so regardless of their financial state.

Pirate appeared to be in a very good financial state (and perhaps actually was) when he decided to stop making payments. If he stopped because he was broke, it was not obvious. Knowing Pirate's financial state would, at most, have allowed you to predict roughly when he would default.
Pages:
Jump to: