Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread - page 22. (Read 180272 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100
Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry
May 26, 2016, 01:22:46 AM
remember there wallet had been on a fork for well over a month. I lost 125 btb when I did a withdrawal.
The wallet would have to be brought back to the correct chain - which would make my withdrawal disappear from their wallet, then they/someone would have to go trough their records to see where the 'extra' btb's go.

I't 'could' happen, but i'll not be holding by breath.

They should just give me the exchange   Grin

wut you gonna do with a hacked exchange??  Huh
May 26, 2016, 01:20:17 AM
The bars are still there I feel, there wasnt another exchange to dump on, as BTER volume was shit, and plus their hacking issue.

Don't forget Cryptopia. When BTB was listed there is when the price started falling.

I hope you guys get your bars back though.

I just thought it a weird coincidence that some coins that were pretty heavily traded on Cryptsy went to poopoo after BigVern closed shop.

I wish I knew where Cryptsy is/was located in FL. If it was close I'd go check it out.
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
May 25, 2016, 05:22:31 PM
remember there wallet had been on a fork for well over a month. I lost 125 btb when I did a withdrawal.
The wallet would have to be brought back to the correct chain - which would make my withdrawal disappear from their wallet, then they/someone would have to go trough their records to see where the 'extra' btb's go.

I't 'could' happen, but i'll not be holding by breath.

They should just give me the exchange   Grin
Activity: 183
May 25, 2016, 05:11:20 PM
I feel like one of the biggest wallets, if not the biggest is the cryptsy Bitbar wallet.

Remember their wallet went offline around block 135,000ish if I recall correctly.

The bars are still there I feel, there wasnt another exchange to dump on, as BTER volume was shit, and plus their hacking issue.

Last I heard, there is  a lawyer in Florida that is filing to represent cryptsys frozen assets, but I do not know if vern has giving over private keys to all the wallets... or in our case, Bitbars keys.

May 25, 2016, 09:34:04 AM
Any idea how many BTB were lost at Cryptsy?
I lost almost 500

I wonder if they're actually lost from the network or if someone sold all those stolen bars on another exchange.

They used to be worth way more than they are now. Maybe the thieves dumped them off and that's what dropped the value.

What do you think?

HBN took a real nose dive after Cryptsy.   

42 coin dropped tremendously in value since cryptsy also.
legendary
May 24, 2016, 11:44:35 PM
I lost almost 500
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
May 24, 2016, 10:13:56 PM
May 24, 2016, 12:58:25 AM
I'm kinda paranoid with some coins and not so much with others.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 01:20:03 AM
looks like ispace is still using an old wallet that's on a wrong chain. current diff is at 17ish and ispace is showing a diff of 35
I don't know what to do about them. The people mining there won't be able to send their coins anywhere.
I've tried emailing, and maybe put in a ticket there - don't remember.

I think I posted in all the forums about the mandatory wallet update
I don't think they care.

I'll bother ispace about it. They have a twitter account.

The people mining there will care eventually.. sux for them.
It sucks all around. For the miners, the pool, and the hash that could have been on the right chain.
Thanks for (trying) to let them know.

I tweeted it to them and also found the contact email and sent one there. Can't hurt to remind them.

I don't get it about whoever is mining on that chain either. Not all of them are mining at ispace, so where are they? solo miners? where are other pools?

H2C is on the new wallet. Thats where most of the hashing is at right now for the correct chain. But there is more on that other chain, their diff is at 37 now.
It's probably someone who rented a big rig. boy are they going to be pissed when they try to transfer to an exchange.

I have to admit that I don't keep up with the crypto I collect.  I can go several months without checking the threads to see if there is a new wallet, forks, new exchange ...
May 20, 2016, 01:02:29 AM
looks like ispace is still using an old wallet that's on a wrong chain. current diff is at 17ish and ispace is showing a diff of 35
I don't know what to do about them. The people mining there won't be able to send their coins anywhere.

I don't think they care.

It sucks all around. For the miners, the pool, and the hash that could have been on the right chain.

I tweeted it to them and also found the contact email and sent one there. Can't hurt to remind them.

I don't get it about whoever is mining on that chain either. Not all of them are mining at ispace, so where are they? solo miners? where are other pools?

H2C is on the new wallet. Thats where most of the hashing is at right now for the correct chain. But there is more on that other chain, their diff is at 37 now.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 12:20:06 AM

I don't think they care.

May 19, 2016, 11:27:14 PM

I don't think they care.

legendary
May 19, 2016, 10:17:25 PM

I don't think they care.
May 19, 2016, 09:59:37 PM
legendary
May 17, 2016, 11:56:37 PM
Looks like the checkpoint server is working now also. The message isn't showing up anymore.
Nice.
Hopefully that will help with the forking forking problem!!
May 17, 2016, 11:20:57 PM
Looks like the checkpoint server is working now also. The message isn't showing up anymore.
legendary
May 17, 2016, 10:57:27 AM

Turns out my modems firewall was blocking access. I rebooted my modem and now it works.
Still don't know why a device with one static IP could connect on several other IP's.

maybe there were already some exceptions for the IP address the cams were on in the firewall, like that IP was used in the past for connecting some other device to the internet or your local network? I notice sometime I get funny happenings on my network because I have a 4 port switch (I use for my mining hardware and wallet server) which is completely autonomous setup wired to the router and uses 192.168.1.x for its IPs but so does my main router out of my laziness. Sometimes some of the wireless devices as they connect to the main router will get one of those IPs already assigned to stuff connected to the 4 port switch or vice versa. This happens If conditions are "right", which i haven't figured out how to reproduce..I'm thinking I have to be rebooting the switch while something else connects wirelessly, IDK..

I haven't setup the router for MAC address filtering yet though. Which would probably take care of the problem but could prove to be a PITA if I forget I did that. Have you tried that yet?

no I haven't messed with mac address filtering. I have a block of 16 IP addresses, so it's pretty much 'plug and play'. set the device to a static IP, make sure the net mask is correct and boom. your done.
I'm blaming the dvr system.
I had a NAS do that once at work. Was fine for two years, then one day it showed up on 3 other IPs - you go to a sever, and instead of the server login, you get the NAS login. strange.
I suppose some record files in the router/modem could have go corrupt ie., port forwarding, or something.
All well, it's working now.
May 17, 2016, 10:13:18 AM

Turns out my modems firewall was blocking access. I rebooted my modem and now it works.
Still don't know why a device with one static IP could connect on several other IP's.

maybe there were already some exceptions for the IP address the cams were on in the firewall, like that IP was used in the past for connecting some other device to the internet or your local network? I notice sometime I get funny happenings on my network because I have a 4 port switch (I use for my mining hardware and wallet server) which is completely autonomous setup wired to the router and uses 192.168.1.x for its IPs but so does my main router out of my laziness. Sometimes some of the wireless devices as they connect to the main router will get one of those IPs already assigned to stuff connected to the 4 port switch or vice versa. This happens If conditions are "right", which i haven't figured out how to reproduce..I'm thinking I have to be rebooting the switch while something else connects wirelessly, IDK..

I haven't setup the router for MAC address filtering yet though. Which would probably take care of the problem but could prove to be a PITA if I forget I did that. Have you tried that yet?
legendary
May 16, 2016, 10:29:19 AM
glad you figured out what it was and that it wasn't serious. WAIT.. So if I woulda DLed that dvr client I could have been watching your cams???   Shocked  Cheesy

I'll check the sites again later and report back what I see. right now they are "taking too long to respond" and "can't be reached".

It would have been kinda boring. 7 cameras around my house. Card drive by, some times somebody walking by. parked cars...
Neighbor did stab a person on the parking strip once, but that was a while ago.

Depending on how badly mangled the DNS records got, it could take 24-48 hours to get straightened out again.
Still would like to know what went wrong...

I would have been entertained. haha For a few minutes anyway.

I've always wanted to gain access to the street cams around where I live. might be illegal though..

I was wondering how what happened could have happened also but with not knowing the inner workings of your network, I could only speculate. Hope you figure it out.

The sites are still down at the moment.

May 16, 2016, 09:09:37 AM
glad you figured out what it was and that it wasn't serious. WAIT.. So if I woulda DLed that dvr client I could have been watching your cams???   Shocked  Cheesy

I'll check the sites again later and report back what I see. right now they are "taking too long to respond" and "can't be reached".

It would have been kinda boring. 7 cameras around my house. Card drive by, some times somebody walking by. parked cars...
Neighbor did stab a person on the parking strip once, but that was a while ago.

Depending on how badly mangled the DNS records got, it could take 24-48 hours to get straightened out again.
Still would like to know what went wrong...

I would have been entertained. haha For a few minutes anyway.

I've always wanted to gain access to the street cams around where I live. might be illegal though..

I was wondering how what happened could have happened also but with not knowing the inner workings of your network, I could only speculate. Hope you figure it out.

The sites are still down at the moment.

Pages:
Jump to: