Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread - page 58. (Read 180272 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
November 26, 2013, 01:48:57 PM
Another Bitbar newbie who could use some help here. I kept my wallet.dat file, re-downloaded the blockchain. I had around 15 BitBars before that, and an outgoing transaction of five BitBars, all unconfirmed. After the block-chain re-download they poofed. Not even showing as unconfirmed. Were my mining efforts in vain? What happened?

Solo or pool mining? You wouldn't happen to have been mining on Diggers pool now were you? He has been running a forked pool for some time now. I too watched BTB go poof upon a redownload.

I have had no issue with Pacific Northwest Mining Pool and would recommend using thier pool as it is current.

Lastly, make sure your client is in sync before sending/recieving BTB. If it is not confirming, something is not right.
Activity: 120
Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!
November 26, 2013, 04:34:09 AM
Another Bitbar newbie who could use some help here. I kept my wallet.dat file, re-downloaded the blockchain. I had around 15 BitBars before that, and an outgoing transaction of five BitBars, all unconfirmed. After the block-chain re-download they poofed. Not even showing as unconfirmed. Were my mining efforts in vain? What happened?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
November 26, 2013, 12:52:03 AM
Lets say I'm a complete noob, which I am. I'm having the issues raised previously around the checkpoint being too old. As with others I have downloaded the lasted 4.3 client, but I start to get a bit lost when the next instruction is clear everything out of your data directory. Where do I find the data directory? Once found will the rest of the instructions fall neatly into place or am I too computer illiterate to own Bitbar?

-Data directory is here: C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\BitBar folder

-Close the wallet and delete everything but the wallet.dat (wallet.dat contains the keys to your coins)
-Restarting the wallet will re-download the blockchain.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 25, 2013, 05:44:04 PM
Lets say I'm a complete noob, which I am. I'm having the issues raised previously around the checkpoint being too old. As with others I have downloaded the lasted 4.3 client, but I start to get a bit lost when the next instruction is clear everything out of your data directory. Where do I find the data directory? Once found will the rest of the instructions fall neatly into place or am I too computer illiterate to own Bitbar?
legendary
Activity: 910
November 24, 2013, 08:45:40 AM
We opened a BitBar pool here : http://bitbar.cryptcoins.net/

• Vardiff Stratum proportional pay per block based on share ratio to total shares.
• Worker who finds the block is awarded 2% of the block off the top.
Activity: 36
November 23, 2013, 05:32:44 PM
I saw that bitbar grows up in a couple of minutes

Otherwise, is it worth mining this?
November 23, 2013, 04:47:30 PM
Thank you for addressing this so quickly Dreamwatcher, the community thanks you for your services.
legendary
Activity: 1064
November 23, 2013, 02:31:14 PM
Quick Note:

I need to get people used to using the official cryptocoinexplorer.com address without the suffix. When CCE3 goes live, the ABE "/chain/BitBar" suffix will be invalid.

Please use:

btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

or

www.btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Block Explorer Stuck on block #34012 whilst client is @ 34238 and counting.

Coin daemon crash. The explorer is now back in sync.
November 23, 2013, 12:39:35 PM
Quick Note:

I need to get people used to using the official cryptocoinexplorer.com address without the suffix. When CCE3 goes live, the ABE "/chain/BitBar" suffix will be invalid.

Please use:

btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

or

www.btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Block Explorer Stuck on block #34012 whilst client is @ 34238 and counting.
legendary
November 11, 2013, 02:46:56 PM
Try deleting your blockchain (blk*.dat and the database/ folder) and peers.dat, but NOT your wallet.dat (that would be bad). Then use a conf file similar to this:

server=1
gen=0
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourrpcusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
rpcport=8100
port=8099
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Connecting directly to the block explorer should get you up to the current block. From there you should start getting additional peers connecting.

I repeat.. you can delete everything from your profile folder, but DO NOT delete your wallet.dat. Before you start the client you should only have wallet.dat and bitbar.conf in the folder

Yes deleting the block chain and re-downloading should get you back up to speed. I have the following ports instead of what was posted above:
Code:
rpcport=9344
port=8777
Activity: 142
November 11, 2013, 02:05:54 PM
Try deleting your blockchain (blk*.dat and the database/ folder) and peers.dat, but NOT your wallet.dat (that would be bad). Then use a conf file similar to this:

server=1
gen=0
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourrpcusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
rpcport=8100
port=8099
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Connecting directly to the block explorer should get you up to the current block. From there you should start getting additional peers connecting.

I repeat.. you can delete everything from your profile folder, but DO NOT delete your wallet.dat. Before you start the client you should only have wallet.dat and bitbar.conf in the folder
Activity: 30
November 10, 2013, 11:45:50 PM
I have something that will determine whether the coin has any chance of proceeding.

I have some btb. I mined it many moons ago. I was going through old wallets and found it. I tried to send the coin out and it has remained stalled without any confirmations. The block chain cannot be updated because the check point is too old. I downloaded the latest client and that did not resolve it. I searched my computer and cound not find a .conf to manually update the server used to rebuild the block chain.

Is there a solution for this?
Activity: 42
October 29, 2013, 06:34:59 PM
I have a feeling Bitbar will survive based on it's status as the "consolidated Bitcoin" but I thought I would share this with you guys:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-will-happen-to-your-favorite-alt-coin-321086

and subbed
legendary
October 29, 2013, 02:16:23 PM
Bitbar has officially died. The market cap is now ~600$. It can literally all be bought with about 3 BTC

Actually the market cap is between 7-24 BTC depending if you are basing your calculation on the Bid or Ask price.  Good thing you have no authority to officially declare a coins death lol.  A coin only dies when transactions cannot be completed. This will not happen with BTB since it could continue POS blocks even if there was no POW hash.  There are still plenty of POW miners hashing on BTB though.  A savvy trader could easily double up trading BTB at these levels.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
October 29, 2013, 01:34:55 PM
Bitbar has officially died. The market cap is now ~600$. It can literally all be bought with about 3 BTC
Activity: 32
October 17, 2013, 06:45:13 PM
I have send an email to Digger, https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/digger-32194

The owner opperator of the pool, ( btb.ltcoin ) and have yet to get a responce.

He need to know what is going on with his forked pool, and take the appropriate measures.

Hi - I sent an email too only to get a reply of 'check the coins by selling/trading them' to see if they are mined. Terrible I say, very annoyed about no communication and to let people still mine something on the wrong fork.  Angry
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 08, 2013, 06:01:37 AM
Thanks to CaptainAK for submitting an update to the OP!
legendary
September 30, 2013, 01:35:39 PM
Looks like Alien is right, the longest chain was not the one than main exchanges was on, I resynced checkpointing client to CCE and everybody should see checkpoint to old warning disappear soon.

connect=btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com

This is great news, the checkpoint warning is gone and I have over 35 connections on the client!
I can confirm that transactions in and out of Cryptsy are working great.
Activity: 27
September 29, 2013, 11:57:46 PM
Looks like Alien is right, the longest chain was not the one than main exchanges was on, I resynced checkpointing client to CCE and everybody should see checkpoint to old warning disappear soon.

connect=btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com
legendary
September 29, 2013, 09:08:29 PM
I have send an email to Digger, https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/digger-32194

The owner opperator of the pool, ( btb.ltcoin ) and have yet to get a responce.

He need to know what is going on with his forked pool, and take the appropriate measures.

I wouldn't hold my breath... just saying...

Yes, about half a dozen of his pools are forked and he hasn't taken any action thus far.
Pages:
Jump to: