Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread - page 55. (Read 180272 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 14, 2014, 05:02:13 AM
I suggest everyone considering this coin to hop on board: http://www.reddit.com/r/bitbar/comments/1v6hzh/just_enjoying_the_ride/
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
January 14, 2014, 04:13:10 AM
btb.pnwminer again the site is down. miner whas still running do.

pnwminer had some to much off time last week in my eyes. but it can be just my mistake Smiley

this site switched. It is now http://btb2.pnwminer.com/  (dont forget the 2 Smiley  Not entirely sure why it went to the 2, but its same site with same login info as i had before, same credit i had.. so if your looking for ur misplaced coins... go there Smiley
Activity: 182
January 14, 2014, 03:51:11 AM

I had tried repairwallet already and could not decide what to try next. Guess waiting is the best idea. Just impatient I guess.  ;-)

Better use option -salvagewallet
Try it.
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
January 14, 2014, 02:03:11 AM
Yes, it gets staked when you find a POS block. But once the confirms are there for the staked block it should move back. In my case I had 3 POS that were orphans and those coins did not move back. Not sure how to fix it.
As always, back up your wallet before trying anything.  My friend told me you can fix this issue sometimes by running repairwallet in the wallet console which you can access in the wallet by clicking Help->Debug Window and click the console tab.  Good luck, let me know if that works.

Edit: Beat by A L I E N by 5 minutes, curse my slow response time!!! :-P

It does NOT have 500 confirms. I was just looking at the check mark and it was green so thought it had enough. I have 4 or 5 POS blocks that only have 125 - 250 confirms so I am sure it will be ok once the confirms are there. I am used to some of the other POS coins and once the green checkmark shows up the stake goes back.

I had tried repairwallet already and could not decide what to try next. Guess waiting is the best idea. Just impatient I guess.  ;-)

Thanks to all for the advice!
January 14, 2014, 12:45:40 AM
Yes, it gets staked when you find a POS block. But once the confirms are there for the staked block it should move back. In my case I had 3 POS that were orphans and those coins did not move back. Not sure how to fix it.
As always, back up your wallet before trying anything.  My friend told me you can fix this issue sometimes by running repairwallet in the wallet console which you can access in the wallet by clicking Help->Debug Window and click the console tab.  Good luck, let me know if that works.

Edit: Beat by A L I E N by 5 minutes, curse my slow response time!!! :-P
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
January 14, 2014, 12:40:26 AM

Did you try starting with -rescan?  Also you can try "checkwallet" and "repairwallet" from the console.

Are you sure it has 520 confirmations after it is confirmed (right click "transaction details")?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
January 14, 2014, 12:35:24 AM
When it's in stake I believe it's earning PoS, I'm not sure with BitBar but I believe if you encrypt your wallet (write down the encryption password, if you lose it your money is gone forever) it will prevent the stake from occuring.  Worth a try, if anyone else knows more please let us know.

Yes if your wallet is unlocked it will automatically be able to mint POS blocks after 30 days.  If it is locked/encrypted it will not mint POS blocks.  You have to do the same procedure as for PPC to unlock an encrypted wallet for minting:

Run the Bitbar-Qt program and open your wallet.  Go to wherever Bitbar is installed:  Usually it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitbar\, in that folder you will see BitBar-Qt.exe.  Within that folder create a batch file called "mint.bat".

Place this code in the mint.bat file:

Code:
@echo off
@echo Enter PPC password...
SET /P variable=Password :
ppcoind walletpassphrase %variable% 9999999 true

This batch file will ask you for your wallet password and will unlock your wallet for minting purposes only, any transfers will still require your password to be initiated.  This must be run each time the client is restarted.  

If you did everything correctly you can hover over the lock icon in the lower right corner and it will say "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked".

This is the same as PPcoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ppcoin-proof-of-stake-minting-setup-guide-187714

POS blocks minted will be held in stake for 520 confirmations similar to POW blocks will be immature for 520 confirmations.
January 14, 2014, 12:11:50 AM
January 13, 2014, 10:28:50 PM
When it's in stake I believe it's earning PoS, I'm not sure with BitBar but I believe if you encrypt your wallet (write down the encryption password, if you lose it your money is gone forever) it will prevent the stake from occuring.  Worth a try, if anyone else knows more please let us know.
January 13, 2014, 08:58:25 PM
My Bitbar wallet has some BTB stuck in stake. Any ideas? I tried redownloading the blockchain but it is still stuck. Everything looks as it should until it gets right to the last 24 hours or so and then it goes to stake and does not come back. All the transactions show that they have enough confirmatinos already. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
January 13, 2014, 04:08:31 PM
Hello,
New to BTB. Just wondering if there was any news or any particular trigger for the runup in the value of BTB since around January 6.

No news that I'm aware of, I believe it's just the market recognizing an undervalued currency.  There will only be 500'000 BitBars produced via PoW + PoS inflation.  This scarcity coupled with the long term hold mentality of the coin itself is finally pushing the price up. I personally believe it still has lots of room to grow in price.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
January 13, 2014, 09:51:19 AM
Hello,
New to BTB. Just wondering if there was any news or any particular trigger for the runup in the value of BTB since around January 6.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
January 13, 2014, 06:14:19 AM
Code:
Value movecmd(const Array& params, bool fHelp)
{
    if (fHelp || params.size() < 3 || params.size() > 5)
        throw runtime_error(
            "move [minconf=1] [comment]\n"
            "Move from one account in your wallet to another.");

string strFrom = AccountFromValue(params[0]);
    string strTo = AccountFromValue(params[1]);
    int64 nAmount = AmountFromValue(params[2]);

if (nAmount < MIN_TXOUT_AMOUNT)
        throw JSONRPCError(-101, "Send amount too small");

Code:
if (nAmount < MIN_TXOUT_AMOUNT)
        throw JSONRPCError(-101, "Send amount too small");

Can I change this value MIN_TXOUT_AMOUNT? I can't move 0.000001 form my "1" to "2" account in one wallet.

I generally don't use wallets on my local computer but instead move it directly from my mining pool to an exchange which has worked out well for me so far.  You just need to make sure you don't spam the exchange with lots of micro-transactions.

Ok, but I would like to move amount only in my wallet (local)
I don't believe you can but I'm not sure.  I've heard you'll have problems moving very small amounts of BitBar and also problems moving brand new coins. 
January 13, 2014, 01:56:12 AM
If anyone is having problems getting their wallet to sync, backup your wallet.dat if you haven't (always a good call). Then you need to close your wallet, add a %appdata%/bitbar/bitbar.conf file with "connect=84.200.4.218" entry and re-open it. Let me know if you have any problems I can help you through it.
Activity: 142
January 13, 2014, 01:40:51 AM
Just so everyone knows http://btb.pnwminer.com has not been down the past couple of days Smiley At the top of the main page was the message "Please use secondary servers" and the links to it were changed as well. I do not think very many people noticed it and have trying to login to btb.pnwminer.com instead of btb2.pnwminer.com. I have turned on redirects and changed all links, just to be safe. During all of this time though, the actual stratum pool has kept on going and people are still getting paid.

Just an FYI. Oh and do not forget you can always email me if you have questions about the pool. Happy mining!
January 13, 2014, 01:19:28 AM
Hi there, a newbie interested in collecting alt coins.

Can the developer comment on why you advertise not to be a "premine" but in fact you are an instantly mined coin? Cryptometer.org shows the facts.

http://cryptometer.org/bitbar_90_day_charts.html

Notice on the bottom, "Total Supply". over 2,000 BitBars were mined in ONE DAY. After eight months, there are now 9,000 mined. Can anyone look at this data and not describe it as "instamined", or instantly mined?

I'm not a Dev but this is addressed throughout this thread beginning with the second post.
Activity: 370
Merit: 251
January 13, 2014, 01:16:18 AM
Hi there, a newbie interested in collecting alt coins.

Can the developer comment on why you advertise not to be a "premine" but in fact you are an instantly mined coin? Cryptometer.org shows the facts.

http://cryptometer.org/bitbar_90_day_charts.html

Notice on the bottom, "Total Supply". over 2,000 BitBars were mined in ONE DAY. After eight months, there are now 9,000 mined. Can anyone look at this data and not describe it as "instamined", or instantly mined?

January 12, 2014, 11:51:53 PM
updated
Thanks, can you also please add http:// to my pool name on the front page so it hyperlinks like the others? Appreciate your time, it's nice having a solid moderator like yourself.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
January 12, 2014, 11:08:56 PM
updated
January 12, 2014, 10:48:35 PM
I've created a very basic Beginners Guide to BitBar Mining if anyone wants to get their friends involved:  http://www.reddit.com/r/bitbar/comments/1v2rn7/beginner_guide_to_mining_bitbar/

Please feel free to link this any place you'd like, the more people we can get into this the better.
Pages:
Jump to: