Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-E.COM NICE RECOVERY FROM THE HACK! =) - page 10. (Read 51029 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Not a remote chance imo because:
1. Millionaires don't become millionaires by paying 5x-10x more than something is worth.
2. A millionaire wouldn't use a site like BTC-e.
3. There are way better methods to launder money without making a scene.

Cheesy

Like I said before, I x4'd my money because of whatever happened. I'm sure he may have bought a few hundred REALLY LOW (~8.80), then sold that few hundred REALLY HIGH ($60) Rofl
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Look for the bear necessities!!
Anyone who wants, is free to deposit their coins and sell them on BTC-E.

There are currently <20 BTC total depth, with roughly $200,000 USD worth of buy orders  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
BTC-E should be waking up now.

Will post an update when I speak to Alexey
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Has anyone been thinking.. That MAYBE this is REAL? Think about it, It is possible someone threw a million dollars onto btc-e from LR and fucked up the market. MAYBE YOU COULD SELL YOUR COINS FOR $60 RIGHT NOW.

Not a remote chance imo because:
1. Millionaires don't become millionaires by paying 5x-10x more than something is worth.
2. A millionaire wouldn't use any unknown random site hosted on a cloud to handle his/her finances.
3. There are way better methods to launder money without making a scene.

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Just found out about this. Anyone else able to withdraw their BTC? The site shows my BTC withdraw as completed but its not showing up on my end yet.

Same here...
Why would they do that when they could buy on other exchanges for much less

Because with the price fluctuating there is money to be made. I x4'd my money today because of this.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Just found out about this. Anyone else able to withdraw their BTC? The site shows my BTC withdraw as completed but its not showing up on my end yet.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
made 900USD off of the trade bubble. Traded the  USD into LTC to transfer out because I dont think that the website will still be there tomorrow....when I went to withdraw my LTC the page timed out, lost all my LTC lol. Easy come easy go. Hopefully that 900USD worth of LTC wasn't "Real"   Cry

oh well. it was fun while it lasted
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
I guess we'll find out if it is 'real' when it crosses the theoretical $99 barrier. I still think it is a hack. Bitcoin charts shows a recent spike of $80, so not long now...

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#rg1ztgSzm1g10zm2g25
Has anyone been thinking.. That MAYBE this is REAL? Think about it, It is possible someone threw a million dollars onto btc-e from LR and fucked up the market. MAYBE YOU COULD SELL YOUR COINS FOR $60 RIGHT NOW.

Why would they do that when they could buy on other exchanges for much less

Has anyone tried buying/selling with success?

that's not the problem, the problem is withdrawing any USD (that doesn't exist)

USD Withdraws take up to 24 hours.
Activity: 168

Sell BTC for fake USD, then use that same fake USD to buy bitcoins back and withdraw to wallet. The USD may be fake and not actually there but it should still be able to be traded for BTC
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
any thoughts on how this will effect the price of bitcoin?

Activity: 168
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
You don't use MySQL or any database template for finances. You can't go any less than custom for these types of things.

BTC-E learned the hard way.

No database template... So what sort of custom solutions are you suggesting? Custom database software? I would have thought that a properly set up and designed database would be excellent for financial purposes due to the ACID nature of them. Please do share your thoughts on this, I am very interested.
I don't know much. I just think database design (from the ground-up) should be structured and limited, especially when it comes to finances. Security should be inherent and you don't see that in one-size-fits-all solutions.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Damn man, we *so* don't need this. I can only guess how this is going to spread throughout the internet. My sympathies to those affected, but honestly all you can really do to mitigate risk is not hold balances. I realize that isn't a choice everyone can stick to, but it sure helps.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Why is it unlikely btc-e have no cold storage wallet. Doesn't all exchange have a cold wallet?

Not in mother Russia apparently. 

Why can't I talk in btc-e chat?

You likely logged out.  Try logging back in.
mav
Activity: 169
Merit: 107
You don't use MySQL or any database template for finances. You can't go any less than custom for these types of things.

BTC-E learned the hard way.

No database template... So what sort of custom solutions are you suggesting? Custom database software? I would have thought that a properly set up and designed database would be excellent for financial purposes due to the ACID nature of them. Please do share your thoughts on this, I am very interested.
Pages:
Jump to: