Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-E.COM NICE RECOVERY FROM THE HACK! =) - page 8. (Read 51029 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

It would not be very hard. But what about cost of implementation? Who in the right mind would pay to implement that type of system for the thousands of users of BTC-E?

Sorry, I meant only for the alarm to notify the site owner so that they can suspend trading, back up the database, take the site offline or whatever.  More than once, bad stuff has happened while owners are asleep and no-one's been able to contact them to let them know strange shit is happening.  In the physical business world, there's usually a system in place for businesses to be contacted if they're broken into out of hours.

I agree. Every exchange and Bitcoin holder should implement and build something to this sort.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
It would not be very hard. But what about cost of implementation? Who in the right mind would pay to implement that type of system for the thousands of users of BTC-E?

I think this guy had the right idea :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1067100
Activity: 868

Sorry, I meant only for the alarm to notify the site owner so that they can suspend trading, back up the database, take the site offline or whatever.  More than once, bad stuff has happened while owners are asleep and no-one's been able to contact them to let them know strange shit is happening.  In the physical business world, there's usually a system in place for businesses to be contacted if they're broken into out of hours.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Seriously, how hard would it be to write some code which starts ringing your phone/activates an alarm in your home or whatever when this kind of unusual activity takes place?  It's ridiculous how often these things don't get stopped at the outset because there's no system in place for the owner to be contacted and notified immediately.

Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Look for the bear necessities!!
Sooo... I transfered btc from mt.gox over to btc-e before i saw the price issue/hack. My coins still have not appeared after 6 confs, what are the chances Ill see those coins again?
That will depend on the scope of their losses, whether they're able and willing to make them up, and if not, how they apportion them.

Hmm I think Ill stick to gox after this...

Yeah because nothing bad has ever happened there  Grin
Activity: 87
Merit: 0
Sooo... I transfered btc from mt.gox over to btc-e before i saw the price issue/hack. My coins still have not appeared after 6 confs, what are the chances Ill see those coins again?
That will depend on the scope of their losses, whether they're able and willing to make them up, and if not, how they apportion them.

Hmm I think Ill stick to gox after this...
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
They halted trading!!  Shocked
No they said to halt trading - if you watch the BTC page it's still trading.

Last one just now was:
31.07.12 09:12   Sell    36.12 USD    3.70001 BTC    133.6443612 USD

Seriously? They can't even stop it from trading?

Edit1: ... and another:

31.07.12 09:13   Sell   36.12 USD   2.9935 BTC   108.12522 USD

Edit2: ... and another:

31.07.12 09:14   Sell   36.12 USD   0.998 BTC   36.04776 USD

Edit3: ... possibly the last one?

31.07.12 09:16   Sell    35 USD    0.781111 BTC    27.338885 USD
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
Seriously, how hard would it be to write some code which starts ringing your phone/activates an alarm in your home or whatever when this kind of unusual activity takes place?  It's ridiculous how often these things don't get stopped at the outset because there's no system in place for the owner to be contacted and notified immediately.
Activity: 87
Merit: 0
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Withdrawal BTC is temporary off.

those assholes. not cool
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
At least that gave us 3-4 hours to withdraw (non-usd of course)
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Withdrawal BTC is temporary off.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
They halted trading!!  Shocked
legendary
This is a hack.!
3 hours after it started ... sigh
About 4.5 hours after the trading started. Someone needs a hotline.
Oh - yes - 4, not 3 ...
though I didn't see the first half hour - someone mentioned it to me 4 hours ago - then I started watching ...
Merit: 1002
This is a hack.!
About 4.5 hours after the trading started. Someone needs a hotline.
legendary
This is a hack.!
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
This is a hack.!

Can u confirm your support account is not cracked into as well?
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
This is a hack.!

Okay... Please, just process my 140.0597 BTC withdraw ASAP: number #1296027
Pages:
Jump to: