Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC effect on altcoins - page 5. (Read 5120 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 256
May 08, 2018, 03:40:30 PM
Nope, bitcoin does not affect the alternative coins because in the first place bitcoin is not related to alternative coins in any aspect of the business, in short they are not in the same roots in the company of bitcoin.
Once, there had an effect of bitcoin over different coins. But right now, as the technology have gained much highness, modifications came along the path and coins become independent. Still, there are few coins who fluctuate accordingly with bitcoin but they are so low. Majority of the coins have become parallel with bitcoin and become independent of their effect on performance.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Hodlers Network
May 08, 2018, 12:58:24 AM
Bitcoin is leader and have high influence in the market and it effect the altcoins when price fluctuate. Altcoin still struggling and didn't make strong platform to survive alone.It is possible to but will take time may be later or soon.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
May 07, 2018, 04:10:58 PM
We can see alt's coin almost follow btc. Once btc grow up same time also alt coin up. When btc dump alt coin also dump slowly. But it not happened suddenly. As we seen yesterday btc growth down but alt still stay there. If btc stable now 9.5k zone, alts will be down slowly.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
May 07, 2018, 03:38:36 PM
i think about it all as a big trading stand point, if the MAIN traded currency is LOW then most of all tokens and other coins will be lowered kinda like if the dollar lost its value it'd only be logical for the cents to lose value, maybe not in physical value but definitely any trading value
Activity: 230
Merit: 108
May 07, 2018, 03:22:56 PM
Nope, bitcoin does not affect the alternative coins because in the first place bitcoin is not related to alternative coins in any aspect of the business, in short they are not in the same roots in the company of bitcoin.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
March 23, 2018, 11:00:04 AM
BTC has a big effect on alts. when btc go up alts also will go up but when btc go down alts will go down but sometimes there are some scenarios btc is going down but alts is going up.

Indeed, and now when btc goes down, so with alts. Once bitcoin recovers, some times alts again gows down as people are.selling for bitcoin to take advantahe of higher value. Alta always  suffers a lot when there is price fluctuations.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 10:28:44 AM
BTC has a big effect on alts. when btc go up alts also will go up but when btc go down alts will go down but sometimes there are some scenarios btc is going down but alts is going up.
Activity: 28
March 23, 2018, 09:58:58 AM
yes i am agree with you.i saw same pattern in doge coin.btc up doge down.
Activity: 10
February 27, 2018, 01:52:43 PM
Yeah, some time btc will effect on price at the altcoins
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
December 20, 2017, 06:36:29 AM
You seem a keen observer. BTC price dictates the alt coin market. I also observed that among of all altcoins, ETH is getting higher also during BTC is up. But I cant say that it happens all the time that ETH gets pricy along with BTC's rally. For instances that you want your altcoins to be converted into money. You might need to convert your alt into BTC no matter how the price of your altcoin is, when BTC is falling you can expect that you only have a minimal chance to earn. I think you should noticed that by now. Bottomline is BTC always dictates the price of the alt coin.
Activity: 68
December 20, 2017, 06:36:09 AM
Normally when btc goes up, alt coins fall down. When btc goes down , alt coins move up.. Since these days btc goes down, many alt coins moving up.. You can see that clearly when you check the charts. Some people get panic due to this falling of btc. But at my point of view, I think this is the best time to increase the amount of btc we have. Buy some good alt coins and hodl them. So you can exchange them to btc when btc is down and can increase amount of btc you have.. BTC will move up soon again.. 
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
December 20, 2017, 06:03:34 AM
Now the only rule for alts growing works: BTC is in "flat position": dont bounce up/down.
Earlier was another trend... It changes rather quickly.
Activity: 17
December 20, 2017, 05:55:43 AM
Trading on the ratio is like sayiung bitcoin will be stragnant while it rises. Not going to happen, you will lose a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
November 16, 2017, 06:48:35 PM
I don't really know why that is happening & this is actually affecting the growth of altcoins. Just recently, the bullish from bitcoin has resulted to the dip of certain altcoins like LTG etc.

I guess is because it is paired with so many altcoin and investors see it as a potential profit, so they will must times click the buy button rather than sell.  Grin
Its always been like this, when Bitcoin is bullish and you see price of Bitcoin increasing and reaching all time high, expect alt prices to go down as alt bag holders wants to cash in or take advantage of the price of Bitcoin while its high. If you are holding alts, you could either hold and wait for alts to recover or or sell your alts enjoy the price of Bitcoin and buy alts again at discounted price.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
November 16, 2017, 05:42:48 PM
I don't really know why that is happening & this is actually affecting the growth of altcoins. Just recently, the bullish from bitcoin has resulted to the dip of certain altcoins like LTG etc.

I guess is because it is paired with so many altcoin and investors see it as a potential profit, so they will must times click the buy button rather than sell.  Grin
Activity: 170
November 03, 2017, 04:31:01 PM
All the altcoyins by and large are the forks of bitcoin. Therefore, fluctuations in the price of bitcoin will affect all other cryptocurrencies. Except for absolutely garbage.
Activity: 106
November 03, 2017, 03:31:53 PM
Usually bitcoin's price will make altcoin's price down if it's rising. So solution for you when BTC's price losing their valuation is buy altcoin.
Activity: 267
November 03, 2017, 02:05:36 PM
Yes it's. The normal thing everyone can see when Bitcoin price increase is almost other altcoins price dump because their price depend on Bitcoin and when Bitcoin price increase trader often try to exchange all their altcoin into Bitcoin cause they afraid and try to cut their loss so it make altcoin price dumped a lot, but it only happen with new trader who don't have much experience in trading.

Really, I'm also observing altcoin is dipping since the rise of bitcoin this past week. For instance, LTG has been affected badly since the beginning of this week and bitcoin keeps enjoying its bullish ride.

On the flip side then, what seem to be the solution? Since bitcoin and others don't ride same way  Grin
There is no solution of it , i think the reason why is it just because that bitcoin is the coin of all the number coin so if there is something that might happen on bitcoin there is always a side effect on altcoin.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
November 03, 2017, 01:43:12 PM
Yes it's. The normal thing everyone can see when Bitcoin price increase is almost other altcoins price dump because their price depend on Bitcoin and when Bitcoin price increase trader often try to exchange all their altcoin into Bitcoin cause they afraid and try to cut their loss so it make altcoin price dumped a lot, but it only happen with new trader who don't have much experience in trading.

Really, I'm also observing altcoin is dipping since the rise of bitcoin this past week. For instance, LTG has been affected badly since the beginning of this week and bitcoin keeps enjoying its bullish ride.

On the flip side then, what seem to be the solution? Since bitcoin and others don't ride same way  Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 03, 2017, 01:21:27 PM
Pages:
Jump to: