Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Mining vs Buying - page 5. (Read 4904 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
March 22, 2018, 11:20:36 PM
I am a newbie having no previous experience in this line; need some time to become eligible for replying
Activity: 13
March 22, 2018, 02:51:45 PM
I prefer to buy, mining takes too long to make profits, you must invest heavy
Activity: 54
March 22, 2018, 02:34:06 PM
Mining has so many headaches and  even after that its not quite sure that btcs will get produced in desired amount so better to invest
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders
March 22, 2018, 01:42:38 PM
If you have cheap electricity and a few mining equipment, then you should be engaged in mining. I would prefer to buy bitcoin advantageously, because the difficulty of the network is growing is not equivalent to the price.
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
March 22, 2018, 01:37:27 PM
Well it really does depend on a multitude of factors. If you have expensive electricity rates then definitely buying is better. But if you have cheap electricity rates then mining is far better and far safer. I don't usually mine with ASICS because they don't retain value but GPU rigs definitely maintain resale value. That means that you can ROI multiple times over and in two years there will still be a market for you 1080 TI's as long as they are still functioning well. However, buying bitcoin or any other crypto is speculative and dangerous in nature. You have something that might not retain value in the short/midterm and thus are relying totally on an increase in price.
Activity: 62
March 22, 2018, 01:28:38 PM
Well !! I would like to recommend buying or trading. Mining bitcoin today is not profitable, impractical and not environment-friendly.
If you have limited resources it`s better for you to buy BTC.
Activity: 154
March 22, 2018, 09:58:20 AM
Mining was far better in the earlier years of bitcoin. But with the number of miners now so many, even with new technology, mining is not exactly profitable at the moment. buying is better.
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
March 22, 2018, 09:54:36 AM
I will suggest buying of bitcoin to mining. As you buy the nest thing you do is to monitor the price to when it suits you and nothing more but for mining a lot of things involve like staying always on the internet and the fear of not being scammed.
I agree with you,  buying bitcoin is less complicated than mining because we all know that you got to have a lot of capital before you start and considering all the other expenses like the electricity and all that, especially the equipment you'll be using in which you must be wise on choosing.
Activity: 56
March 22, 2018, 09:51:41 AM
Mining is far better. No matter what the price of btcs is you canalways make a profit anytime by mining bitcoins continuously
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 22, 2018, 01:03:41 AM
Personally I prefer buying Bitcoin, yes the price is a higher that it used to be but for me, mining will require a lot of time, effort and even cost as well. You need to invest on equipment and maintain it that will really take more time and if you add up the overhead cost, it will not be worth it in the long run. So i prefer just to buy Bitcoin and then you're already in, less effort, less hassle, no time wasted.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
March 22, 2018, 12:34:07 AM
I will suggest buying of bitcoin to mining. As you buy the nest thing you do is to monitor the price to when it suits you and nothing more but for mining a lot of things involve like staying always on the internet and the fear of not being scammed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
March 21, 2018, 11:58:27 PM
buying is better because you don't need anymore to buy expensive equipments that needs to be setup first to be able to mine and add those utility expenses consumed by those equipments. Buying bitcoin is no hassle you only need your wallet and internet and you won't worry about your electricity.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
March 21, 2018, 11:56:00 PM
Mining is good as you get the coins regularly and you do not have to worry about the price.. No worry about the price means "peace of mind'

So true mining is good specialy if you know how to mine and the price of electricity in your place is low then you can earn a very good profit with mining. And also you can use mining and earn for how many months pr until it damage himself. I prefer in mining as long as the electricity is low since you can earn more profit if your electricity is lower than your cost.
Activity: 209
Merit: 3
March 21, 2018, 11:53:50 PM
Don't trust cloud miner, most of them are scam. If you want to do mining do it by yourself and it will costs a lot of money. I will prefer trading because I have knowledge and experience in trading, so many skill to learn and very challenging.
Activity: 80
March 21, 2018, 11:49:28 PM
Mining is good as you get the coins regularly and you do not have to worry about the price.. No worry about the price means "peace of mind'

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 11:40:48 PM
For my opinion mining is very profitable on bitcoin but you need a big capital money for that other mining use to be a group of people so that they can have a stable bitcoin money they invest huge amount of money to it. While buying bitcoin is very easy but your profit depends on the bitcoin value.
Activity: 644
Merit: 155
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 21, 2018, 08:29:15 PM
I personally if it has the funds would be better to buy equipment for mining. it takes a lot of money and the result is less than we buy directly. but with the mining, we already have the equipment and are ready to add and get bitcoin forever, you can sit sweetly in front of the computer to monitor mining activities that will continue to how far you will mine.
Activity: 308
March 21, 2018, 08:26:25 PM
With today price, you don't want to mine any bitcoin Smiley
Join the market and become a real trader  Grin
Activity: 28
March 21, 2018, 08:23:00 PM
i support buying because its easy and can be done from anywhere in phone, pc or else and is always profittable in long run
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 19, 2018, 11:17:32 AM
I suggest you invest money to buy bitcoin than mine it. Mining is a very complicated work and you need to set up a lot if system. You can be profitable in mining if the electricity in your area is cheap. For now, it was said that mining is just breakeven so really, you wont gain so much with it, now that bitcoin is down. If you buy bitcoin now, its cheap so this is the best time to buy

Pretty much sum up the real problem. I can even say mining is only profitable if you have free electricity in your home. Other than that, it really takes a long time for a break even. Maintenance and emergency maintenance are not included, the cost will be even higher with those costs added. But the pros with mining is, when you think your miner is no longer profitable for you you can cut loss or selling your secondhand equipment Grin
Pages:
Jump to: