Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Mining vs Buying - page 7. (Read 4904 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
March 16, 2018, 12:28:38 PM
Mining is definitely more expensive than buying them directly. The mining hardwares aren't cheap at all and they can be pretty slow to ship. If you were to factor in the difficulty, you probably would have a hard time trying to get ROI from that. They generate loads of heat too. Mining is pretty much only for the big players who can afford to have big farms of ASICs and get them at a discount.
Activity: 242
Merit: 12
March 16, 2018, 12:24:52 PM
Is it better to get BTC via mining or buying now?

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

If yes, any suggestion? There are quite many cloud miner in the market.

Thanks.
mining, buying, hunting (bounty campaign, faucet,etc) is just the way how to get bitcoin, how how to get profit. if you want profit invest your money by buying it, you can do with long term periode by investing or dotrading on bitcoin that you get by mining, buying or hunting to get profit by short periode of time.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
March 16, 2018, 12:13:09 PM
Except of course one has some really powerful mining GPU, its quite stressful and capital intensive, though may be rewarding if bitcoin decides to make a similar run to that of 2017. However, i would go with buying BTC with my savings rather than stressing myself on mining rigs, cooling systems, electricity costs, government regulations around electricity consumption for mining and occasional hardware upgrades.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
March 16, 2018, 12:09:52 PM

It was no longer profitable early this year for mining. However, with the recent price surge, does mining becomes profitable now?

Thanks.
I don't think that digging up bitcoins now is unprofitable. There are still many people who choose to dig for bitcoin. But tapping bitcoin requires a lot of money to buy equipment, which is hard for most people.
Activity: 283
Merit: 100
March 16, 2018, 12:07:24 PM
I think it's better to buy bitcoin and just keep it on your wallet while it grows in price. Mining takes much more time, effort and money.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
March 16, 2018, 12:06:35 PM

Thanks.

with these day difficulty  etter buy btc than mining.
mining not profitable anymore.and need long time for ROI.
if you use your money to buy directly you can trading it and gain more profit everyday.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 12:02:21 PM
I am very surprised by people who choose mining in order to have bitcoin, as I find it very costly and not very profitable.
Activity: 182
March 16, 2018, 11:52:58 AM
I'm more inclined to invest, so it's much easier to get cryptocurrency.
Activity: 392
March 16, 2018, 11:32:45 AM
For mining, you have to invest a lot of money and there is also a question mark about profitability. You should buy bitcoin and hold for long-term and it would be profitable.

I think prefer to mining bitcoin because at this moment I do not have the capital to invest or buy some coins to trade, even if I have the capital I will buy some coins for investment and increase income because I know the value of currency crypto unpredictable value
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
March 16, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
if you want to get bitcoin fast i think you can buy bitcoin than you mine it, you can mine it as side job because if you do mining you just wait the miner is working without do anything, you just wait the pc or the miner work to get bitcoin, it will different if you buy bitcoin and use that bitcoin for trading and anything else, so choosing mining as buying is back to you again, want to get bitcoin fast or slowly, want use bitcoin for trading or not
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
Crypto Marketer For Whales
March 16, 2018, 11:24:16 AM
It's better to buy now. Like right now. The price is down and it will soon go lower. This is a know pattern and Bitcoin will eventually rise 20 more times before the end of the year or possibly next year. Just think basic supply and demand. Buy now. Mining will take too much time before you can get your Bitcoins. So instead of buying miners, buy Bitcoins right away.
Activity: 358
Merit: 108
March 16, 2018, 11:10:56 AM
Btc mining vs Buying? I think that bitcoin mining will win because there is no back cause and bitcoin buying will cause you a lot of money to spend than mining because it will go bigger and bigger value and you not spend anything just mining tool only needed.
Activity: 280
March 16, 2018, 11:03:00 AM
It really depends on what can you afford, buying can be good in all budget but mining will cost a lot in terms of hardware and electricity cost if you're not using solar powered or other alternative source of it.
4U
Activity: 195
March 16, 2018, 10:55:37 AM

Thanks.

Mining at the moment is not profitable.....   some new hardware coming like
https://www.baikalminer.com/product09.php

but right now since BTC is going down and taking everything down with it.,,,  it is best to stay on sideline and buy dips only and sell for small small profit...   not day trading but weekly trading....
Well you are right but I think it is hard to carry mining than buying as if you want to buy bitcoin then you will have to spend capital on bitcoin only, but if you are going with mining it will be hard as you will have to buy both the mining equipment's and the bitcoin too, so it is expansive and also it consume a lot of electricity too, so the best option is to buy bitcoin and hold your bitcoin for the long, so it is the best chance to buy bitcoin at the time of low price, because there are 100% chances for the price to increase.
Activity: 238
March 16, 2018, 06:33:19 AM
Because, most likely, this topic is intended for traders who deal with a completely different matter and do not see other ways of earning.
Activity: 294
March 16, 2018, 06:17:45 AM
for me if you mine bitcoin its process is so slow and if you buy some bitcoins the bitcoin will go through your wallet early on how much you invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
March 16, 2018, 03:35:52 AM
Bitcoin mining is only porfitble if the country you are in has cheap electricity but if it's not better to buy bitcoin instead of mining.
A lot of miner earn a lot of profit because they mine bitcoin when the price is very cheap and they can get now profit and the price is very high so some of the miner are now millionaire.  It's also same to those people who invested to the bitcoin last few years ago.
Activity: 182
March 16, 2018, 03:30:50 AM

If yes, any suggestion? There is a quite many cloud miner in the market.

Thanks.
I think it's better to buy Bitcoin for use in Trading. I do not like Mining. Because for me mining mad and spend a lot of cost and energy.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
March 16, 2018, 03:16:12 AM
Mining is still profitable but only if you have a massive farm currently. In general you will make far more money buying the currency itself than investing into mining farms or mining hardware.
Activity: 63
March 15, 2018, 03:07:20 AM

Thanks.

Mining at the moment is not profitable.....   some new hardware coming like
https://www.baikalminer.com/product09.php

but right now since BTC is going down and taking everything down with it.,,,  it is best to stay on sideline and buy dips only and sell for small small profit...   not day trading but weekly trading....
Pages:
Jump to: