Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] BTC Growth: Capital Growth via Hedge Fund-Style Investing - page 14. (Read 251569 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
How will NAV reporting be verifiable?
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Sorry if this has been already asked, but is there a specific date for the first NAV report?

I haven't set a specific date yet, but I would expect it to be roughly 1 month after the fund kicked off.

Great, thanks for the swift answer.
Activity: 330
Merit: 255
Sorry if this has been already asked, but is there a specific date for the first NAV report?

I haven't set a specific date yet, but I would expect it to be roughly 1 month after the fund kicked off.
Activity: 393
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Some more shares below the IPO value at the mo. Too late for me Sad

What do you mean "too late for you"?

Bought in as much as I wanted.

I bought as much as I wanted, too. It is tempting to buy a little more, but I would like to see how the fund travels for a bit before committing further.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Oh ok. I get the feeling this stock is going to have a significant increase in value after the first NAV report. I get the very distinct impression Dr. Mulhauser knows how to work this market.

Sometimes, if the whole market is going down, it's hard to make a profit even for someone who knows how to work it. ;-)
Activity: 98

Oh ok. I get the feeling this stock is going to have a significant increase in value after the first NAV report. I get the very distinct impression Dr. Mulhauser knows how to work this market.
Activity: 364

Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 1442
The price has been relatively stable since the shares sold out so the fund is probably the right size for now. I was a little slow getting some coins together and just missed getting shares at the IPO price but haven't had to pay too much of a premium to grab a few. Looking forward to the journey and learning something as well.

Yep. I was patient and got to add another investment at the IPO price last night. I too am glad to be on board and looking to see what we can learn from our involvement.
legendary
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The price has been relatively stable since the shares sold out so the fund is probably the right size for now. I was a little slow getting some coins together and just missed getting shares at the IPO price but haven't had to pay too much of a premium to grab a few. Looking forward to the journey and learning something as well.
...given that you sold out  (less than) a day and a half, I think that one more round of funding would benefit everyone and would sell out relatively easily. You double your initial capital, and that in turn benefits investors. Just food for thought, good luck!

I appreciate your feedback, and you may be right that another round would find participants relatively quickly. For the time being, though, we're going to press ahead with deploying the capital, and we'll see how things look again in roughly one month's time. We can always release a further tranche down the road if there is demand; there's no hurry.
People are beating around the bush. What they mean to ask is whether this tranche will sell out without new shares being placed for sale. The flippers are waiting.

It looks like 720 shares currently remain from the initial 20,000. I don't have any plans to release further tranches immediately in response to the first tranche selling out, should it do so. As outlined under the "Subscriptions and Redemptions" section, however, we may do so in the future, should the shares begin to trade at a premium to the most recently reported NAV.

Obviously I have no real sway in your decision making, and it's your fund so you are going to do what you think is best. However, given that you sold out  (less than) a day and a half, I think that one more round of funding would benefit everyone and would sell out relatively easily. You double your initial capital, and that in turn benefits investors. Just food for thought, good luck!
Activity: 9
yes indeed. lets do this  Wink
Activity: 100
legendary
Merit: 1015
People are beating around the bush. What they mean to ask is whether this tranche will sell out without new shares being placed for sale. The flippers are waiting.

Even though I have flipped stock before I am going to hold a small amount of this one. It seems like one of the more interesting investments. (minings IPOS are now a dime a dozen)

It looks like 720 shares currently remain from the initial 20,000. I don't have any plans to release further tranches immediately in response to the first tranche selling out, should it do so. As outlined under the "Subscriptions and Redemptions" section, however, we may do so in the future, should the shares begin to trade at a premium to the most recently reported NAV.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Do you think that a 0% per annum of AUM and 25% of profits would be a better incentive than the typical 2/20 hedge fund system?

I find it interesting that you could be losing us money whilst still making 2% year over year.

Many variations exist, and I'm sure other people would make the relevant judgement calls in different ways. Folks should not participate in the fund if they have any reservations whatsoever about its structure.

EDIT: Also how many hours until you close the IPO? I am interested.

As I indicated in the thread about the mechanics of the IPO, I will review the listing Saturday morning UK time and will close the initial ask order if any shares remain at that time; I didn't specify an exact number of hours to go. The offering has now been open for over 28 hours, and it appears that the bulk of current demand for it has been met. As of this writing, 1230 of the initial 20,000 tranche remain.

Do you think that a 0% per annum of AUM and 25% of profits would be a better incentive than the typical 2/20 hedge fund system?

I find it interesting that you could be losing us money whilst still making 2% year over year.

Many variations exist, and I'm sure other people would make the relevant judgement calls in different ways. Folks should not participate in the fund if they have any reservations whatsoever about its structure.

EDIT: Also how many hours until you close the IPO? I am interested.

As I indicated in the thread about the mechanics of the IPO, I will review the listing Saturday morning UK time and will close the initial ask order if any shares remain at that time; I didn't specify an exact number of hours to go. The offering has now been open for over 28 hours, and it appears that the bulk of current demand for it has been met. As of this writing, 1230 of the initial 20,000 tranche remain.
Pages:
Jump to: