Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 132. (Read 316467 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Here is one more idea.
The way IPO's are done at the moment, has some serious flaws, that are actually really easy to fix.
In short, when IPO gets listed, there will be a time period, set by issuer, when only issuer can post orders to Ask side.
We can even add a second limiting factor: Bid orders can be only placed, if they meet the minimum order size and they have to fit in to a price range, set by the Issuer. This is obviously for larger block trades.
Now we have a IPO market, that looks almost like a real life IPO.

The problem at the moment is, that if issuer has split the offer up in to 3 different price levels
A 1
B 1.1
C 1.15

some investors from the A can start undermining the sellout of B and C. Their speculative short therm gain is actually hurting all the other shareholders, because the Co receives nothing and if they need the coin to get the project going, they just have to sit and wait until the spculators run out of "cheap" shares and IPO can continue.
This is not how IPO's get done in the real life Smiley Not even in 1800's Smiley

Usually A has minimum purchase set as large as possible. To make sure, that issue has as many shareholders as possible, offer A can be limited to X % of the whole issue. Offer B block size is smaller and sells what ever is left from A and C is the "retail" offer, where everything, that is left, will be sold and no minimum block size is set. (there are mechanisms to control maximum distribution, but not lets go there for now)
Sure, issuer can set max limits to A, B and C so nobody gets left out.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
How do I find out my authorization pin?

I dont' recall creating one, and I can't seem to reset it, or transfer my shares without it.

Any help would be appreciated!

If you created your account on the site, you would have entered it twice on the registration page.

If you were setup with a new account via our GLBSE transition process, it would have come in your welcome email.  If you're missing this email, you can PM the user 'BTC-TradingCo' with your email address to request a re-send.  Note that many people have found their welcome emails in their spam folders, especially Gmail users.

Cheers.

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
site down
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

I dont' recall creating one, and I can't seem to reset it, or transfer my shares without it.

If it's an auto-generated account then the PIN would be in the same email that gave you the login details.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Activity: 389
Merit: 250
The automatically created accounts are throwaways,
Just make a real account and then use the transfer feature to move the shares over.
You can use the same email as the throwaway info was sent to if you like, so no worries there.
Logins / Recoveries are based on username, not email

Right, I didn't see the feature, thank you  Smiley
Activity: 389
Can I send my shares to another account? Because now I have two automatically created accounts and I'd like to merge them.
legendary
site is going to an error page on login

"Error:
Xcoind backend failure in getbalance at 709"

Had to reboot a server this evening for some patches.  Sorry about that.  Smiley

Cheers.

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
site is going to an error page on login

"Error:
Xcoind backend failure in getbalance at 709"
Activity: 364
firstbits 1LoCBS
Proposed changes routinely turn into reality within hours. Cheesy

(this is how I personally feel when I use a polished product like BTCT.CO)
Activity: 434
Announcing -- New Dividend Reinvestment Program!  (DRIP) [...]
For something that was supposed to be "maybe sometime in the future", that was sure quick ;-)

That seems to be the MO for this thing. Proposed changes routinely turn into reality within hours. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Announcing -- New Dividend Reinvestment Program!  (DRIP) [...]
For something that was supposed to be "maybe sometime in the future", that was sure quick ;-)  Can't  wait to get some  divs to give it a try!
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
This came in via PM today:

Hi

Hope the fee for the withdrawl could be cancelled since it is really costly for small traders, and have the fee level be competitive to others

We hear and agree.  Ok, for different reasons, but the withdrawal fee has been removed.  (you'll still get hit with the bitcoind client fee if it decides to charge one.)

We are doing this because we realized that people might feel inclined to keep their BTC on the exchange in order to save the withdrawal fee.  This is not what we want.  Quite the opposite, we would like for people to NOT keep their BTC on the exchange except when necessary, and in reasonable amounts.  The exchange is not a bank, and we don't want your hard earned BTC to become a juicy target for any hackers.  Wink

Thank you all for using BTC-TC!
Activity: 69
Announcing -- New Dividend Reinvestment Program!  (DRIP)

Here's how it works:

- You head to the Portfolio page, click on the My Dividends tab.
- It will show you all of your past dividends on any assets you have held.  You will also see the text: "Reinvest At Max Ł XXX Per Share"
- Check the box and set the maximum amount you are willing to pay for shares of the asset, then click "Go".
- As your dividends from that asset build up, you will see: "Dividend History: LTC-GLOBAL       Ł 4.184882 Has Accrued"
- When you accrue enough to afford a new share, the system will automatically purchase it for you at the lowest market ask price!

** Note that even if you show accrued dividends on the shares, we do not withhold this amount from your wallet balance.  Thus you have to leave your accrued dividends in your wallet if you want to have enough coin for the system to actually make the purchase when the time comes!

Thank you for using BTC-TC.
Activity: 111
I get the email thank you so much burnside  Grin
legendary
Hi, Im sorry my 1st email was the BTC-TC Dividend Notification.
The mail contain with account name and the PIN must be deleted by spam filter or accidenly by me.
Could you please re send the details. Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you very much.

Yeah, you're using gmail.  Check your spam folder.  Google has been filtering all of the new account emails.

I've resent it too, but most likely if the first one went to spam, the second one will as well.  Smiley

Cheers.

Hi, Im sorry my 1st email was the BTC-TC Dividend Notification.
The mail contain with account name and the PIN must be deleted by spam filter or accidenly by me.
Could you please re send the details. Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you very much.
legendary
Hi,
how do I reset my PIN?
I get my account from LTC-Mining so I don't have the PIN.
here is my account name "LTC-MINING-QmWG6"
Thank you

The PIN was in the same email as the account name and password.

Cheers.
Hi,
how do I reset my PIN?
I get my account from LTC-Mining so I don't have the PIN.
here is my account name "LTC-MINING-QmWG6"
Thank you
legendary
I apologize, I thought when you said that you were working out the legal that you meant the ToS.

Also, we should probably continue are discussions in private and not in the public threads.
No one else has joined the conversation or shown any interest, and it has now leaked across two threads.

http://polimedia.us/dtng/c/res/17830.html
(I think we are both being made fun of now. Wink )

In this thread I was approaching this from the perspective that the questions you're asking are relevant to everyone involved with BTC-TC.

With the romanians... heh, let them have their fun.  In a lot of ways they have more freedom than we do.  Thus their perspective is a little different than ours.  Wink

Jump to: