Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 134. (Read 316467 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
I patched it to include the trades in the output now.

Having a way to edit the value of the transfers is an interesting idea.  Lots of work though.  Maybe instead I could set the value of the transfer to the bid price at the time the transfer is made?
I very much would prefer to see the price I originally bought them for.

Going with the bid price would skew my profit by some 20% (for this example). 
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Go to portfolio page and click on "My Analysis" tab.
That one is blank. I guess it has to do with the "trade" done at 0.0?

I patched it to include the trades in the output now.

Having a way to edit the value of the transfers is an interesting idea.  Lots of work though.  Maybe instead I could set the value of the transfer to the bid price at the time the transfer is made?

legendary
In this case, perhaps trade = transfer?
Yes, hence the request to edit / add the average price at which those were originally bought.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In this case, perhaps trade = transfer?
legendary
That one is blank. I guess it has to do with the "trade" done at 0.0?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
legendary
This worked very well.  Cool

Two questions: Is it possible to set an "average bought at" price? This would help with profit/loss calculations.

Where can I see profit/loss information? I was expecting it on the Portfolio page, but that one looks like the market page.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Moderators:

Cognitive and Synergy are up for vote on the site.

Quick Announcement.

A user reported that MalwareBytes is flagging the site.  The blocks in MalwareBytes work by IP address.

I suspect this is based on our hosting provider having given us a re-used IP address.  We'll work with MalwareBytes to get the block removed.  In the meantime, it is safe to tell MalwareBytes to ignore it.

For more information: http://forums.malwarebytes.org//index.php?showtopic=21076

Do you accept non LTC/BTC/*C related projects to your exchange?

Yes, we are not limited to cryptocoin projects.

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Do you accept non LTC/BTC/*C related projects to your exchange?
We have completed our first GLBSE import.

LTC-MINING was the guinea pig, and it went off very smoothly.

Thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1381042

Server's having problems again.  Filing a ticket...

Edit, back again.  Wasn't the server this time, something with their connectivity.  Ugh.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
There is few more feature request, I posted some time ago to GLBSE thread:

1) "Dividends calendar" will be nice to have.
2) Highlight users bid/ask in the order book (btc-e has it well implemented).
3) Mark security issuers orders for their own security with a different colour in the order book.

1) What do you mean by a dividends calendar?  Like a history in your portfolio of past dividends?  Or a display of scheduled dividends in the future?

2) LTC-GLOBAL has been doing this for a while.  I'll check it out on BTC-TC.  If it's not already working, it'd be from a CSS snafu most likely.

3) As much as I'd like to do this, I don't think I can.  Problem on this one is similar to why not all funds can have public portfolios.  The day trading funds would get abused horribly if all their orders started getting highlighted.  What I could do though is give asset issuers the option when placing an order of highlighting it.

Appreciate the input, some great ideas!

Cheers.

1) Show a calendar, where you can see dividend payers for selected date: 2012.12.07 - XYX 0.05 BTC per share. Really cool, if current month or selected security can be downloaded in iCalendar format for importing to other calendars. dates and time must be in UTC obviously.
2) I must have missed it while in testing Smiley My bad
3) I as a issuer of security XYX set orders to to buy my issued XYX - those orders are highlighted.Good idea for transparency.
BTW, in real world trading systems, buyer/seller codes (Trader/Bank/etc) are visible to other members/traders and in some markets, even to the general public. This is completely normal. 

You mentioned day trading as a problem, that is why I added "(with a delay up to N days?)"

Here is a working example Smiley
http://www.thestreet.com/dividends/index.html
Server seems to be down at the Panama hosting facility.  I've submitted a ticket in with support.  I'll post again when things are confirmed back online.

Dev update:

- Withdrawal bug fixed.  (input submit form element was outside the
... doh.)
- Big formatting update on the Deposit/Withdraw page.
- Inline editing of orders on the security pages.

legendary
I suppose a dividends calendar could also work something like this...

The asset issuer has decided that dividends will go out on the 10th of every month, or on the 1st every three months, which he could set in his asset's portfolio (ceo page? dunno what they're calling it)

Then, as funds come in which would go to dividends, they could be moved into the dividend account (not a separate account but just pre-allocated)

Then, on that date, on schedule, the site would automatically distribute anything already allocated for dividend out to the shareholders.

Naturally, this wouldn't be practical for a lot of assets, but for some (like mining bonds perhaps) it could be useful.

Just a possibility...

-- Smoov

The dividends system already works on a schedule.  You can schedule dividends as far out as you want to.  The only problem I think is that right now it expects you to set an amount, rather than just disbursing everything in the account.  We need a special option "disburse all" or something.  Smiley

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
I suppose a dividends calendar could also work something like this...

The asset issuer has decided that dividends will go out on the 10th of every month, or on the 1st every three months, which he could set in his asset's portfolio (ceo page? dunno what they're calling it)

Then, as funds come in which would go to dividends, they could be moved into the dividend account (not a separate account but just pre-allocated)

Then, on that date, on schedule, the site would automatically distribute anything already allocated for dividend out to the shareholders.

Naturally, this wouldn't be practical for a lot of assets, but for some (like mining bonds perhaps) it could be useful.

Just a possibility...

-- Smoov
legendary
December 04, 2012, 03:48:27 PM
There is few more feature request, I posted some time ago to GLBSE thread:

1) "Dividends calendar" will be nice to have.
2) Highlight users bid/ask in the order book (btc-e has it well implemented).
3) Mark security issuers orders for their own security with a different colour in the order book.
3) As much as I'd like to do this, I don't think I can.  Problem on this one is similar to why not all funds can have public portfolios.  The day trading funds would get abused horribly if all their orders started getting highlighted.  What I could do though is give asset issuers the option when placing an order of highlighting it.

Appreciate the input, some great ideas!

Cheers.

Think you misunderstood his point 3.  He's only saying to mark orders on their OWN asset.  So only orders of mine which would be marked would be ones on LTC-ATF.  That's no problem to me - and shouldn't be a problem to any other asset issuer unless they're trying to mess with the market for their own asset (which they shouldn't be doing).

It wouldn't actually address much though - as anyone messing with the market for their own asset is going to be doing it with an account other than the asset-issuing one anyway (so that the outstanding shares doesn't keep changing).  But it WOULD let investors see whether an asset issuer was actively maintaining liquidity (if they were doing it via the asset-issuing account as I am).

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.  Sorry about that EskimoBob, I misunderstood.

I agree that it wouldn't help much for the issuer trying to manipulate things.  However it would help the issuers that are trying to be transparent, and for that alone I think it's worth it.

Jump to: