Pages:
Author

Topic: btc vs ethereum - page 6. (Read 2641 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 23, 2020, 09:27:54 AM
bitcoin is techically more superior then ETH ,yes but the use cases are bigger for etheruem now!

real utility for ETH ARE BIGGER.

ETH: defi, icos, dapps, stable coins.
also the very good liquitity !!

BITCOIN ?

yes you can buy thigns with btc but so you can do with ETH.

I don't care about the comparison since i am willing to use Bitcoin as investment material,so in any reason i will still Buy and Hold(if having opportunity to sell in high value then be it) even years may pass.
because for me there is no real and perfect crypto than Bitcoin(lol this is my opinion please respect it)
Anyway even we can buy things in Ethereum but still limited than what bitcoin can.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 250
October 23, 2020, 09:17:06 AM
ethereum has dominated with thousands of new projects and great to enhance the Performance platform ethereum today eth continue trying to 2.0 but still failed to take up to 2 months to conduct trials for all to succeed takes a long time also for all run perfectly bitcoin always dominant year after year because of their age and the creation of a first bitcoin always dominate in terms of price and trading volume.
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
October 23, 2020, 08:45:34 AM
you can't compare ethereum over bitcoin they have different functions this has been the debate over the years, at the same time like everyone said no one is bigger than bitcoin, it's been years where altcoins are trying to overtake bitcoin, they are always second place.
I agree. They are different coin and no altcoin can bypass the value of bitcoin. Sometimes price varies each other and there is that fluctuates depends on the other. Years passed and getting the highest value from bitcoin is a dream the reason why, always believe  investing on bitcoin. This wont lose the value.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
October 23, 2020, 07:43:57 AM
Ethereum has an inbuilt scripting language and you can build a smart contract to carry out all types of functions without the intervention of a trusted third party or central authority and also with the help of its internal cryptocurrency, i.e. ether, nodes can be paid for their processing power in running these decentralized apps, and there is a possibility that these all decentralized organizations might exist in an ether economy.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
October 23, 2020, 07:37:11 AM
For now Bitcoin and ETH are the most popular coins, so I think they will continue to be comparisons between one another and will be the choice of crypto users. When compared, each of them still has advantages and disadvantages, back again to the interests and functions that we will use.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
October 22, 2020, 05:41:15 PM
bitcoin is techically more superior then ETH ,yes but the use cases are bigger for etheruem now!

BITCOIN ?

Did you really just say icos as thats a good thing.  ICOs are the poison of crypto thanks to eth it as was all made possible.  Not all technology is good.  These are all things that will/can be built on top of bitcoin eventually, its just not a priority right now.  Besides have you ever seen bitcoin rollback :/
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 22, 2020, 05:20:22 PM
BTC true cryptocurrency
ETH true e-scammer

BTC is KING of cryptocurrency
ETH is KING of crypto scammers

It's very clear , are you not learning ?
There are already many scammers born from ETH chain and has entered the exchange .

purpose ? very simple
stole your money ..
after gain some money this scammers created chain again from eth , again, again, again
strange always has enterer the exchange again, and you got stole again..
money laundering ? YES
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
October 21, 2020, 10:25:54 PM
I don't think use cases only will affect the value of the coin. There are several coins which have more use cases than Ethereum too, but their price is not even close to Ethereum price. Other aspects such as marketing strategy, coin burning, project developments, etc will affecting the value of the coin as well. Bitcoin value is very high in the market because bitcoin has gained trust from all people even people outside crypto.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
October 21, 2020, 03:20:49 PM
The actual reason why we have many altcoins nowadays is that, most of the developers always believe they can offer something unique, however only few are even living up to expectations. Now, also bearing in mind that there other altcoins that are as good as Ethereum, and can also be used to buy things, does that now serve as a good criteria to compare them to Ethereum? The answer is No. Therefore it means that, every coin in this space is unique and shouldn't be compared with another, let the developers of each coin or token work on their project to make it better.
Bitcoin has already made a name for itself as the best coin, likewise Ethereum, but I don't see any reason to compare them.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
October 21, 2020, 08:38:55 AM
you can't compare ethereum over bitcoin they have different functions this has been the debate over the years, at the same time like everyone said no one is bigger than bitcoin, it's been years where altcoins are trying to overtake bitcoin, they are always second place.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
October 21, 2020, 08:35:05 AM
ETH is just an altcoin to BTC but mind you even if ETH has been put to good use still bitcoin has the largest market volume and that determine why bitcoin rank landed on the top of all cryptocurrency in the market. ETH is next because of its platform that has been integrated to different innovative projects like what OP had mention. I do believe that if cryptocurrency will going to continue and improve in the future theb high chances that other crypto like ETH could step up and make its own bull run. I am sure one day that ETH could achieve it one day.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 267
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
October 21, 2020, 08:17:30 AM
If that is the case as you said ETH should have taken over now.
but the fact is btc is still strong in the lead, we will never know the extent of development that will occur in altcoins, but still the one who will be at the top is btc.
ethereum is still having trouble taking over rank from bitcoin, you also know that it seems impossible to be number one because ethereum's currently circulating supply is too much so when the price becomes expensive there will be a hard dump, if this is the case then ethereum can be say you have no chance to beat bitcoin.

regardless of the total supply, eth will not be able to beat btc, although as op said that eth development has developed a lot and beat bitcoin which is only used as a means of payment, but the demand for bitcoin will always be greater than any coin.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
October 21, 2020, 08:10:29 AM
but one thing to know, when the bitcoin price dumps, it will greatly affect ethereum. well, in that case, I don't know which choice people will take. However, to be honest, I save more for ethereum for now because of the benefits you mentioned. I thought that the price could go up at any time. However, currently, price increases are more likely for bitcoin than ethereum.
it is true. the percentage increase in the market is huge for bitcoin. but the problem is the large capital ownership to be able to get a large enough profit. but different for ethereum, we can have it with a lot less capital with the possibility of achieving a bigger profit I think. I think there are many reasons for the same investors and traders' experience today.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 21, 2020, 08:06:44 AM
but one thing to know, when the bitcoin price dumps, it will greatly affect ethereum. well, in that case, I don't know which choice people will take. However, to be honest, I save more for ethereum for now because of the benefits you mentioned. I thought that the price could go up at any time. However, currently, price increases are more likely for bitcoin than ethereum.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
October 21, 2020, 07:55:15 AM
Both are outdated technologies compared to the newer generation blockchains. Yes they are on top now, but will it stay the same after some years?
Just like how Nokia lead the mobile market, but where are they now?
Bitcoin blockchain is stagnated from the start, the PoW is not sustainable in the long run due to the need for higher scalability, which is the same with Ethereum.
In some years, it is highly possible that other cryptocurrency will take over the #1 spot. Technology is evolving fast and everything needs a room to expand and improve, and that's what both Bitcoin and Ethereum lacks.

Agree that technology will dominate this new generation but I still feel BTC and ETH will rule the crypto industry even after a decade from now because of it's wide range of users and popularity, In this competitive world people need to be very cautious when it comes to security especially in money. I feel more comfortable investing in these coins and I will still move on.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 21, 2020, 06:35:44 AM
There's one coin which is my favorite for business anytime any day which is bitcoin because during the pandemic still stand well and stable during the pandemic that make so many investors still have interest on bitcoin.  Bitcoin is more popular than Ethereum in the areas of market that make more market exchangers prefer the coins more than Ethereum.
unfortunately ethereum is currently not having a good move even though they have plans to launch ethereum 2.0 but until now i am not sure about that project because no one can guarantee that it will make ethereum prices go up, while for bitcoin i believe more because of the influence of supply which is very limited so that it will give maximum results.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
https://blockmembers.io/
October 20, 2020, 05:05:09 PM

BITCOIN ?

I am also a supporter of advanced tech so answer is Ethereum but i have been a fan of bitcoin too and it is really something that built my interest towards crypto as i only knew about bitcoin only for like years. So the importance of bitcoin is still high for me as i see it as a big thing but for innovation i support ethereum network.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
October 20, 2020, 04:27:41 PM
Both are outdated technologies compared to the newer generation blockchains. Yes they are on top now, but will it stay the same after some years?
Just like how Nokia lead the mobile market, but where are they now?
Bitcoin blockchain is stagnated from the start, the PoW is not sustainable in the long run due to the need for higher scalability, which is the same with Ethereum.
In some years, it is highly possible that other cryptocurrency will take over the #1 spot. Technology is evolving fast and everything needs a room to expand and improve, and that's what both Bitcoin and Ethereum lacks.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
October 20, 2020, 02:15:55 PM
There's one coin which is my favorite for business anytime any day which is bitcoin because during the pandemic still stand well and stable during the pandemic that make so many investors still have interest on bitcoin.  Bitcoin is more popular than Ethereum in the areas of market that make more market exchangers prefer the coins more than Ethereum.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
October 20, 2020, 01:59:24 PM
There are things when most of the investors do investment in origin than the utility. Of course, ETH has more utility but at very small scale levels as compared to BTC. Looking at the market capitalization, we can easily understand the difference between these two. If the future also, even if there will not be much utility to BTC, it will still on the top of the list of cryptocurrencies for investment.
Pages:
Jump to: