Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCjam - Any Thoughts or Experiances - page 6. (Read 57488 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 18, 2016, 05:45:34 AM

Good work guys. A+ borrower here. I see that one of your puppet accounts has about 15+ BTC in this. Really trusted the guy, eh? I'm sure that the utmost diligence was done before approving these loans...

As long as people keep blindly throwing their money at anyone and everyone, scams will persist. It's stupidity and greed, nothing more, nothing less.

No doubt that does play a role. And I'm not some disgruntled investor. I didn't invest in this loan although I have invested in that site and will walk away with a slight profit even if the .8 BTC I still have in receivables goes into default.

I'm not trying either to protect people from themselves. However, jam holds themselves out by applying these ratings to borrowers. They should be held accountable for the methodology that they use to apply such ratings. They also receive their fee once the loan is funded not when paid off. It's not hard to see that the incentive they have is to get the most loans funded, not necessarily to see the most loans to maturity.

Prospective investors should be aware of this before investing, because it is not readily apparent when initially visiting the site.

That's the big problem with these sites. The site should auto-invest in each loan from trusted members to show their commitment. This way they would have something to lose and would be more concerned about defaults.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
February 16, 2016, 06:38:57 PM

Good work guys. A+ borrower here. I see that one of your puppet accounts has about 15+ BTC in this. Really trusted the guy, eh? I'm sure that the utmost diligence was done before approving these loans...

As long as people keep blindly throwing their money at anyone and everyone, scams will persist. It's stupidity and greed, nothing more, nothing less.

No doubt that does play a role. And I'm not some disgruntled investor. I didn't invest in this loan although I have invested in that site and will walk away with a slight profit even if the .8 BTC I still have in receivables goes into default.

I'm not trying either to protect people from themselves. However, jam holds themselves out by applying these ratings to borrowers. They should be held accountable for the methodology that they use to apply such ratings. They also receive their fee once the loan is funded not when paid off. It's not hard to see that the incentive they have is to get the most loans funded, not necessarily to see the most loans to maturity.

Prospective investors should be aware of this before investing, because it is not readily apparent when initially visiting the site.

I agree with the fee situation 100%. TBH, I'd never risk more than a very small amount of coin to loans regardless -- way too many scammers.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
February 16, 2016, 06:00:14 PM

legendary
February 16, 2016, 05:24:11 PM

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
February 16, 2016, 07:14:15 AM

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 14, 2016, 04:11:03 AM
I would advise anyone to stay away from this website cos investing here for a long time is a bad idea, the default rate is too high and the risk is not worth it..

Btcjam is turning into crappy site into a complete retardation..

Are you subscribed? If subscribed are you an active user? Does rules 19 of TOS APPLY TO YOU?
Thankyou
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 12, 2016, 06:30:20 AM
I would advise anyone to stay away from this website cos investing here for a long time is a bad idea, the default rate is too high and the risk is not worth it..

Btcjam is turning into crappy site into a complete retardation..
February 12, 2016, 03:44:47 AM
Honestly, all my the loans that I have helped fund on Bjam are going well, I haven't even gotten 1 late payment or default yet. 
I have fairly strict criteria to fund a loan and I dig around, but if i'm at all doubtful, I don't fund something even if its A graded
Remember that some people are shameless and just want to steal money... Some people are honest but rubbish at investing the money they have borrowed, so they're not scammers, but they wouldn't get a loan from a bank either.

To provide an update on my experience with BTCJam:

- Of two loans made, one has been fully repaid (60 day term).  Final payment was made early, 45 days after initiation of the loan.
- Due to BTC appreciation against BRL, my ROI on the repaid loan in BTC terms was  0.87:1 over 45 days, for an annualized return of -67%
- Second loan (90 day term) is paying on time.  If I receive full timely repayment, the ROI will likely be similar to the first loan.

I would have been better off simply keeping the coins in a paper wallet.

Now, to get my remaining money out as cheaply as possible.  Last time, BTCJam reserved 50K satoshi for transaction fees per withdrawal.  This despite the fact that the destination wallet covers transaction fees.

So if you are not investing anymore for the rule 19 of TOS, you will be charged 5 $ monthly.
The 50k satoshis remains in your account balance making it positive.
Do they get the 5$ from there? If not where do they take the fee?
legendary
February 10, 2016, 07:45:36 PM
Anyhow, legally, they can't do shit bitcoin is not regulated. Morons, all of them. Even their support staff is a bunch of retards who are probably scammers too. Tongue

Their supports are very bad and slow in dealing things, most of the time theynever understand your issue and you will need to explain it to them several times. I could post about their support staff's bad service countless times however there is no way you could call someone a scammer unless you have a solid proof that they were indeed scamming.

Keep in mind that just because someone takes a loan and doesn't repay it does NOT make them a scammer. To classify as a scam, you have to prove that they had malicious intent when doing so.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
February 10, 2016, 07:33:34 PM
Anyhow, legally, they can't do shit bitcoin is not regulated. Morons, all of them. Even their support staff is a bunch of retards who are probably scammers too. Tongue

Their supports are very bad and slow in dealing things, most of the time theynever understand your issue and you will need to explain it to them several times. I could post about their support staff's bad service countless times however there is no way you could call someone a scammer unless you have a solid proof that they were indeed scamming.
February 10, 2016, 03:13:15 PM
I don't really like BTCjam and if I ever need a loan I usually post it here. I think BTCjam requires too much of my personal info to get a trade. While investing is pretty profitable the only time you will see my use BTCjam is investing.

Im planning to use their service too but the required personal details making me afraid to do so though

Do not use BtcJAM. Is full of scammers and read the term of service #19 expecially.
They are scammers and they you will lose all your money!
They can chance TOS without telling you, is it you that must every day if something in TOS has changed.
btcJAM sucks and are full of scammers
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
February 10, 2016, 03:01:25 PM
No I haven't give them my credit card.
Neither my name is the real one. For charching me I was thinking about my electronic wallet with BTC inside but thinking better they must request and I must cive the ok.
What do yo mean with just setup your account to something stable that will be around? Do you mean to create a fake wallet wit 0 btc?
Thanks

Sorry, no I just meant setup your payout BTC address in your settings to something that will not change, an address you control for example.

In my case, I still have about 2 coins owed to me by scammers/defaulters. Say one of them magically repays the loan, I sure want to get my coins back, so I set my payout address to a wallet i have had a long time, not that it will happen, but if it does, I don't have to login anymore.  Tongue

Anyhow, just set your password really super tight, and either forget it, or just never log in again. As you already probably know, they suck big time, and it's just a scammer haven for thieves. Sad

Thank you but the fact is that the TOS https://btcjam.com/terms-of-use RULE 19 tell that they will charge me up to 5$ / month for inactivity.
How they can do that? Invoice via email? And if I do not pay the invoice? I'm not it the US.... What they can do legally?
Thanks

That's all bullshit. my balance has been 40 satoshi for over 10 months. They can fuck right off and go charge the scammers who ripped me off instead, if that is really in the TOS.

It is real.
Here's it
https://btcjam.com/terms-of-use
You don't have to login to read.
The rule is #19

Clearly they do not say that to autoinvest you have to start from 1.0BTC

Allyou that read stay away from this site! They are scammers and you will lose all your money.

Well they can fuck right off, because i don't even have enough satoshis to even withdraw my 40, so....

Hey BTCJam support - FUCK YOU again, scammers!!! Tongue
February 10, 2016, 02:53:06 PM
Neither my name is the real one. For charching me I was thinking about my electronic wallet with BTC inside but thinking better they must request and I must cive the ok.
What do yo mean with just setup your account to something stable that will be around? Do you mean to create a fake wallet wit 0 btc?
Thanks

Sorry, no I just meant setup your payout BTC address in your settings to something that will not change, an address you control for example.

In my case, I still have about 2 coins owed to me by scammers/defaulters. Say one of them magically repays the loan, I sure want to get my coins back, so I set my payout address to a wallet i have had a long time, not that it will happen, but if it does, I don't have to login anymore.  Tongue

Anyhow, just set your password really super tight, and either forget it, or just never log in again. As you already probably know, they suck big time, and it's just a scammer haven for thieves. Sad

Thank you but the fact is that the TOS https://btcjam.com/terms-of-use RULE 19 tell that they will charge me up to 5$ / month for inactivity.
How they can do that? Invoice via email? And if I do not pay the invoice? I'm not it the US.... What they can do legally?
Thanks

That's all bullshit. my balance has been 40 satoshi for over 10 months. They can fuck right off and go charge the scammers who ripped me off instead, if that is really in the TOS.

It is real.
Here's it
The rule is #19

Clearly they do not say that to autoinvest you have to start from 1.0BTC

Allyou that read stay away from this site! They are scammers and you will lose all your money.
February 10, 2016, 02:49:44 PM
Thanks

Thanks

It is real.
Here's it
The rule is #19

legendary
February 10, 2016, 09:57:40 AM
Thanks

Thanks

Activity: 1
February 10, 2016, 09:48:20 AM
Ok, maybe we had a ton of comments about this service, here it is my experience.

I mad many investments for about BTC 1.6

1 payment out of 3 is overdue and there are  BTC 0.34 (abt 130 USD nowadays) of default payments.

many of the borrowers start paying and after a while, even those that seemed very solid,
pass form early payments to vanishing and never answering the payment's requests.
There is no real warranty to have back your money, the arbitration service is a pure and useless joke.
Who ever would engage in a legal action for 2 or 3 USD?
If I'll have luck and all the remaining payments will be made (and I doubt it), I will lose "only" USD 30.
February 10, 2016, 02:21:11 AM
Thanks

Thanks
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
morir es descansar
February 09, 2016, 07:53:58 PM
My last borrower successfully repaid his debt with 20 BTC in total, so sweet i earned somehow
legendary
February 09, 2016, 03:00:00 PM
Thanks

February 09, 2016, 02:53:11 PM
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: