Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCjam - Any Thoughts or Experiances - page 7. (Read 57488 times)

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
February 09, 2016, 02:35:14 PM
Hello all,
I would like to abandone the btcJam service.
The support tell me that's impossible and thet they just"park" my account. Indeed it seems that parked accout isn't inactive user so if i do nor invest for 365 days they will charge me of up to 5$. I avsolutely want to be excluded by their service. How can I do.
Is there a way to unsubscribe? How can i be banned from the service? What if i write them that i do not accept their Terms of use?
Thank you!

Just call them a bunch of assholes in their thread here, or post a lot of obscene notes and messages on their sites - I've been "blacklisted" on my account there just for posting about them here.

There is no way to delete your account or unsubscribe. They cannot charge you anything to stay, just setup your payout address to something stable that will be around, then never log in again - fuck them and their shitty scammy loan service.  Tongue

Edit - How the fuck are they going to "charge you" a dime? Did you give them your credit card numbers or something seriously idiotic?  Huh
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 09, 2016, 02:31:47 PM
Hello all,
I would like to abandone the btcJam service.
The support tell me that's impossible and thet they just"park" my account. Indeed it seems that parked accout isn't inactive user so if i do nor invest for 365 days they will charge me of up to 5$. I avsolutely want to be excluded by their service. How can I do.
Is there a way to unsubscribe? How can i be banned from the service? What if i write them that i do not accept their Terms of use?
Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
January 24, 2016, 07:19:04 PM
I think its just like a lending section that you can borrow bitcoin or lend with collateral with any interest.
But i heard some scam attempt about that site before but i think its already fix for now.. Just try it small amount before you start making a big business with it..
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
January 24, 2016, 06:47:28 PM
I don't really like BTCjam and if I ever need a loan I usually post it here. I think BTCjam requires too much of my personal info to get a trade. While investing is pretty profitable the only time you will see my use BTCjam is investing.

Im planning to use their service too but the required personal details making me afraid to do so though

If they required no personal information and no collateral... what would be there to keep people from just running? People would make thousands of accounts for free money. This should be WHY people are willing to invest -- there's no way I'd put a cent on that site without that information.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
morir es descansar
January 19, 2016, 07:45:29 PM
I don't really like BTCjam and if I ever need a loan I usually post it here. I think BTCjam requires too much of my personal info to get a trade. While investing is pretty profitable the only time you will see my use BTCjam is investing.

Im planning to use their service too but the required personal details making me afraid to do so though
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 18, 2016, 03:04:17 PM
Activity: 124
January 18, 2016, 07:27:45 AM
It's legit. I've had positive feedback with them.

Good luck!
Activity: 158
January 17, 2016, 06:40:56 PM
Honestly, all my the loans that I have helped fund on Bjam are going well, I haven't even gotten 1 late payment or default yet. 
I have fairly strict criteria to fund a loan and I dig around, but if i'm at all doubtful, I don't fund something even if its A graded
Remember that some people are shameless and just want to steal money... Some people are honest but rubbish at investing the money they have borrowed, so they're not scammers, but they wouldn't get a loan from a bank either.

To provide an update on my experience with BTCJam:

- Of two loans made, one has been fully repaid (60 day term).  Final payment was made early, 45 days after initiation of the loan.
- Due to BTC appreciation against BRL, my ROI on the repaid loan in BTC terms was  0.87:1 over 45 days, for an annualized return of -67%
- Second loan (90 day term) is paying on time.  If I receive full timely repayment, the ROI will likely be similar to the first loan.

I would have been better off simply keeping the coins in a paper wallet.

Now, to get my remaining money out as cheaply as possible.  Last time, BTCJam reserved 50K satoshi for transaction fees per withdrawal.  This despite the fact that the destination wallet covers transaction fees.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 17, 2016, 06:39:21 AM
An A+ rated user has defaulted on his loan.

This is the beginning of the end for BTCJam.

Link: https://btcjam.com/listings/51749-2nd-loan-for-s7-miners

Scroll to the comments at the bottom half of the page.

Edit: While he has defaulted on his loan, he has seek more refinance loans, https://btcjam.com/listings/54943

So you leant money to a guy to buy money making machines, and expected him to buy the machines and give you the money back?

Buying miners is a risky thing, why would you add in several more places to get screwed over?

My first criteria in funding a loan is to look at loanee's ratings and track records. He is the highest, if not one of the highest in BTCJam. Fortunately it is a small amount and I could forgo it. But doesn't leave a good feeling though. Lesson learnt. Smiley
legendary
January 16, 2016, 09:47:54 PM
You can use your lotto ticket to clean up too, they're probably cheaper than buying a box of tissues.

True that... only 1 of 6 is a winner, so you should have plenty of wipes... Hahahaha.. good one ranlo thanks bud! Cheesy
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 16, 2016, 09:46:27 PM
You can use your lotto ticket to clean up too, they're probably cheaper than buying a box of tissues.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
January 16, 2016, 09:45:00 PM
Awgh, you gotta live a little and besides its ok to gamble occasionally, just don't expect to win ever and you're doing it right.

Ha, I know that man, I'm an old guy. I just have to laugh when I hear store clerks tell me that people come in and literally drop hundreds of dollars on powerball.. talk about grasping at straws! Cheesy  I'd rather just get a scratch off, i prefer instant gratification!

I get the best of both worlds: upside potential through lottery and I jack off right there in the gas station for the instant gratification. Win-win.
January 16, 2016, 09:43:38 PM
Thats sad, I hope they have done their grocery shopping first... I really do  Undecided
legendary
January 16, 2016, 09:12:00 PM
Awgh, you gotta live a little and besides its ok to gamble occasionally, just don't expect to win ever and you're doing it right.

Ha, I know that man, I'm an old guy. I just have to laugh when I hear store clerks tell me that people come in and literally drop hundreds of dollars on powerball.. talk about grasping at straws! Cheesy  I'd rather just get a scratch off, i prefer instant gratification!
January 16, 2016, 09:05:29 PM
legendary
January 16, 2016, 09:00:32 PM
Yeah, maybe I should of bought a lotto ticket the other day!  I guess it's a just a matter of time till someone defaults really. 

ha... Lotto.. I laugh at those fools. Better to buy bitcoins, they will actually pay off someday and not just pissing your money away to others! Cheesy
January 16, 2016, 08:58:45 PM
Yeah, maybe I should of bought a lotto ticket the other day!  I guess it's a just a matter of time till someone defaults really. 
legendary
January 16, 2016, 08:49:23 PM
Honestly, all my the loans that I have helped fund on Bjam are going well, I haven't even gotten 1 late payment or default yet. 
I have fairly strict criteria to fund a loan and I dig around, but if i'm at all doubtful, I don't fund something even if its A graded
Remember that some people are shameless and just want to steal money... Some people are honest but rubbish at investing the money they have borrowed, so they're not scammers, but they wouldn't get a loan from a bank either.

Give it time. many pay for a while, then just disappear. In fact, you can now buy btcjam aged/verified/used with good rep accounts to scam with over in the digital goods section here now, so i'd say you've just been lucky so far myself.
January 16, 2016, 08:46:28 PM

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
January 16, 2016, 01:50:12 PM
An A+ rated user has defaulted on his loan.

This is the beginning of the end for BTCJam.

Link: https://btcjam.com/listings/51749-2nd-loan-for-s7-miners

Scroll to the comments at the bottom half of the page.

Edit: While he has defaulted on his loan, he has seek more refinance loans, https://btcjam.com/listings/54943

So you leant money to a guy to buy money making machines, and expected him to buy the machines and give you the money back?

Buying miners is a risky thing, why would you add in several more places to get screwed over?
Pages:
Jump to: