Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCMiner - Open Source Bitcoin Miner for ZTEX FPGA Boards, 215 MH/s on LX150 - page 10. (Read 161510 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
umm.... "type c"? i had so far the feeling the application wasnt exactly interactive.. and as of now i cant see anything change when typing c.

Press enter after pressing c Wink.
Activity: 700
Merit: 507
ztex already discribed that in his threads, hashrate will be adjusted as error rate changes. Try typing c to set error rate to 0 and hashrate will rise and adjust again as errors occure. It will not make hashing more effective after all.

umm.... "type c"? i had so far the feeling the application wasnt exactly interactive.. and as of now i cant see anything change when typing c.

Thing just is it makes SOME difference here.. it adjusts up to 220MH when starting at night and keeping that way at colder temperatures but drops then, at day to 205 to 210MH at day without ever raising again when it gets colder.. thats what i find a bit odd.
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
ztex already discribed that in his threads, hashrate will be adjusted as error rate changes. Try typing c to set error rate to 0 and hashrate will rise and adjust again as errors occure. It will not make hashing more effective after all.
Totally stupid question about the miner: Does it change the Mhz also upwards? I only see the speed increasing after starting it and then lowering it to a stable value it holds for days in a row, ignoring outside temperature or error rate..
Is that normal behaviour or is there a chance to make it increase speed by itself?
Sorry, I misread. LTC wasnt part of merged mining on e.g. Bitparking; it was BTC, DVC, NMC, I0C, IXC
LTC makes use of another algorithm for the proof of work where more memory is needed, thats why FPGAs make no sence for it as GPUs dont. That was by design as I understood.
Also I woulnt holt other coins than BTC and NMC. Have Fun ...
can the btcminer used with ztex single/quad for litecoin mining ?
I mined multichain on two quads without any problem. AFAIK there plainly is no difference in means of hashing, that's why it just works and also should with LC only.

How should the ztex work with ltc? i dont think its possible to mine ltc with fpga yet anyway..
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I mined multichain on two quads without any problem. AFAIK there plainly is no difference in means of hashing, that's why it just works and also should with LC only.

can you please write the miner call with the command options ?
legendary

Activity: 784
feature request (if possible):

could you port BTCMiner for ARM devices like the raspberry pi on default?

Im not a linux pro and compiling that is beyond my skills (atm). I do have a pi here and it works with two boards but not with a third. That might be my hub..... (i get programming errors while the bitstream is loaded onto the board).

And the Pi doesn't like quad boards. If i attach one of them i get the errors too.

Ill post a log if i have time to test it.
Activity: 725
Would it be hard to try and make your firmware faster following that model?
Activity: 725
legendary
thank you ztex!

working good and, i think, maybe i am wrong, a littlebit faster.
great job!

weiter so...

greetings
pazor
donator
Activity: 367
ZTEX FPGA Boards
A new release (120703) is available at http://www.ztex.de/btcminer

New features since the last test version (120622):
    * Multi-threading bug fixed (occurred on USB-FPGA Modules 1.15y at more than 10 miners)

New features since the last official version:
    * Frequency limit increased to 248 MHz (requires firmware update if dummy firmware is not used)
    * Midstate check / auto-correction
    * Request new work interval randomized by +/- 12.5% (reduces network traffic peaks)
    * Secondary Log (parameter -l2): Reports everything but statistics
    * Secondary command input (parameter -c): Can be used the send commands through a named pipe
    * LED2 of USB-FPGA Modules 1.15x flashes if a new share was found (requires firmware update if dummy firmware is not used)
    * New Command: i(nfo): outputs statistics
Activity: 522
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
@chefnet: I guess btcminer will also work with your synology NAS as there are java packages which can be installed using ipkg.

http://www.synology-wiki.de/index.php/Java (sorry its in german)
Activity: 686
oh yes. If want to by a new one so I can test it with synology :-)
Activity: 522
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
Perhaps this is useful for other people, too.

You can also run BTCMiner from your NAS! It's strange but I have never thought of it before and I am astonished how easy it was setting it up.

I have a QNAP NAS (419P+ with Intel Atom) and it worked out of the box after installing java. Three ztex singles are mining happily. CPU use is about 1-2%. I installed java with the help of Optware IPKG.

Activity: 489
Immersionist
Would it be possible to selectively shut down or restart devices, without physically power cycling them? Or restarting FPGAs that have been shut down?

There is a typo in the help message:

If neither -ps nor -ps is given, only unconfigured devices are programmed\n

Pages:
Jump to: