Pages:
Author

Topic: BTER.com hacked| 7170 BTC stolen | DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY ON AN EXCHANGE | - page 9. (Read 119637 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Why do people keep money on an exchange again? Especially since we have wallets?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I'd love to know if these guys have signed up any actual new users since the hack. It's crazy that anyone would dream of using them. Sad for the people owed coins but they should be operating it perfectly if they want some turnover to pay people back.

Given the volumes traded there, it would take too long to pay out the stolen money even for a one-man enterprise
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
I'd love to know if these guys have signed up any actual new users since the hack. It's crazy that anyone would dream of using them. Sad for the people owed coins but they should be operating it perfectly if they want some turnover to pay people back.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3534
Nec Recisa Recedit
There is no problem that you personally trade at Bter, but this doesn't in the least warrant you to say that Bter is good. I don't know what is your agenda and whether you have one, but Bter is the last exchange (after Craptsy) that can said of as good

I will never trade on bter until they pay me back my BTC they owe me. Bter is the worst exchange after mt gox.

yes! they are the one and only that after 3 scam/hacking continue to run their business (with lack of assistance, pay back and so on)

Suggest bter is the worst tips that I can see.

When they pay back as Hyena stated we can talk anymore about this exchange, but we are waiting from years Cheesy

I have 0.5 BTC worth of UNITY on Bter, tried to make a withdrawal, but the UNITY just disappeared. I have been ignored by admin for five days now.

I am also hearing of problems with QORA and XMR.

Oddly, deposits seem fine.

And then, there's this:

http://www.satoshinews.org/2016/03/bitcoin-exchange-bter-withdrawal-issues.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think it's safe to advise people to not make any deposits there.

I'm going to post this in several threads for visibility.

Good help sussex!
We are so near to fourth bter scam ... what's a shame... I hope nobody will use such scam exchange....
I am waiting my btc "lost" since more one year .... Sad
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

I have 0.5 BTC worth of UNITY on Bter, tried to make a withdrawal, but the UNITY just disappeared. I have been ignored by admin for five days now.

I am also hearing of problems with QORA and XMR.

Oddly, deposits seem fine.

And then, there's this:

http://www.satoshinews.org/2016/03/bitcoin-exchange-bter-withdrawal-issues.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think it's safe to advise people to not make any deposits there.

I'm going to post this in several threads for visibility.
legendary
Bter is good neither these days nor the days to come. It didn't pay out its debts, and most certainly won't in the future. In fact, by praising this exchange, you insult the folks who lost their money there. Personally, I didn't lose anything (I held doges when it was hacked) but that was no more than pure luck...

That's why I won't call Bter good, even despite the fact they returned my funds intact

Ok, it's not perfect, there are many cons when we talk about the bter, they haven't made any payment for a long time now for the users who lost their funds there, do you have any info when will they send back our money?

To tell the truth, unlike other "victims" I continued to trade there (CNY-BTC pair) until the Central bank of China devalued the Yuan for the first time. Right after that I bought bitcoins and immediately withdrew them, since it was evident that the PBC would continue on its path to devalue the Yuan further on. As I have said elsewhere, I don't trade Bitcoin (or alts) any longer, since it is not a question of if but when an exchange will get hacked, go bust, or just plain ole run with the money...

Craptsy recently goxing proved me right
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Bter is good neither these days nor the days to come. It didn't pay out its debts, and most certainly won't in the future. In fact, by praising this exchange, you insult the folks who lost their money there. Personally, I didn't lose anything (I held doges when it was hacked) but that was no more than pure luck...

That's why I won't call Bter good, even despite the fact they returned my funds intact

Ok, it's not perfect, there are many cons when we talk about the bter, they haven't made any payment for a long time now for the users who lost their funds there, do you have any info when will they send back our money?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
yeah BTER is a nightmare they once had a bug where you couldnt withdraw because their Database system thought you Balance is negative.

if you ever loose 30-100% on a single scam from BTer come back and say they are god xD
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
yes they suppose to pay the old investors with money from exchange from new investors...
but I don't see a dime in the last months!
But wait, if you ask in mp they tell you a specific payment date, that obviously they missing Wink
legendary
Well the best way is not to store in exchanges but sometimes we need to trade there and we should risk our btc by sending there, but bter is good i think these days as i traded few times there.

I guess you missed an opportunity to have your funds locked at Bter for 3 weeks a year ago, even if they hadn't been affected by the theft of 7,000+ bitcoins back then (e.g. dogecoins)

Who said that i have not stucked funds there? I have several bitcoins there stucked maybe more than you who tell me about bter, but whatever happened in the past i have made many trades recently there and it's working.

There is no problem that you personally trade at Bter, but this doesn't in the least warrant you to say that Bter is good. I don't know what is your agenda and whether you have one, but Bter is the last exchange (after Craptsy) that can be said of as good

Don't make bold only a few words, i said that it's good these days because i have made many traders there and didn't have any issue with their exchange website, everything went smooth and withdrawal worked good. There is always a risk to trade there, i have never tried to withdrawal bitcoins yet

Well the best way is not to store in exchanges but sometimes we need to trade there and we should risk our btc by sending there, but bter is good i think these days as i traded few times there.

I guess you missed an opportunity to have your funds locked at Bter for 3 weeks a year ago, even if they hadn't been affected by the theft of 7,000+ bitcoins back then (e.g. dogecoins)

Who said that i have not stucked funds there? I have several bitcoins there stucked maybe more than you who tell me about bter, but whatever happened in the past i have made many trades recently there and it's working.

There is no problem that you personally trade at Bter, but this doesn't in the least warrant you to say that Bter is good. I don't know what is your agenda and whether you have one, but Bter is the last exchange (after Craptsy) that can be said of as good

Don't make bold only a few words, i said that it's good these days because i have made many traders there and didn't have any issue with their exchange website, everything went smooth and withdrawal worked good. There is always a risk to trade there, i have never tried to withdrawal bitcoins yet.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3534
Nec Recisa Recedit
There is no problem that you personally trade at Bter, but this doesn't in the least warrant you to say that Bter is good. I don't know what is your agenda and whether you have one, but Bter is the last exchange (after Craptsy) that can said of as good

I will never trade on bter until they pay me back my BTC they owe me. Bter is the worst exchange after mt gox.

yes! they are the one and only that after 3 scam/hacking continue to run their business (with lack of assistance, pay back and so on)

Suggest bter is the worst tips that I can see.

When they pay back as Hyena stated we can talk anymore about this exchange, but we are waiting from years Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

legendary

Is there a way to store btc on a computer wallet with 2-fa ?!

Bter has the 2-Step Verification for login and for withdrawals but what does a btc wallet has to do here?

I was asking because i dont feel really good to let my BTC on exchanges like polo or bittrex. I would like to store it on my computer,  but want security too. Thats why i was asking about a window wallet with 2 fa. Bter situation just stress me about possibility i lose everything.

legendary

Bter has the 2-Step Verification for login and for withdrawals but what does a btc wallet has to do here?

I was asking because i dont feel really good to let my BTC on exchanges like polo or bittrex. I would like to store it on my computer,  but want security too. Thats why i was asking about a window wallet with 2 fa. Bter situation just stress me about possibility i lose everything.

legendary
Activity: 882

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Never hear this before someone is offering it in our board section that you can earn bitcoins.. But never tried it.. .
The site looks like a exchanging site that has free gem offer..  but this is not offering gem?
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
Why are DGC withdrawals still disabled on BTER?

Anyone have any ideas?

Sent 2 very respectful emails, and not even a response.

TT

Have you even bothered to read this thread?

I have.

I understand what happened, and I understand that there are still problems. I am able to deposit and withdraw BTC and other coins, but for DGC withdrawal I get this: DGC withdrawal is disabled 因技术维护,虚拟币提取暂停,感谢您谅解和支持。

I appreciate everyone's efforts to describe the situation in this thread, and I didn't study the thread carefully, but I don't understand why some coins allow deposit and withdrawal, others deposit only, and others withdrawal only.

TT
Pages:
Jump to: