Pages:
Author

Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published - page 22. (Read 359457 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 3
I know it was a lot at once. Sometimes I think too much and get too excited and post things too quickly. I work hard on trying to not just randomly post to post. I Really appreciate the time  you took to really read my post and break it down Von! The four of you are doing a lot of Background things I'm sure are swamped with real life as well. You guys are giving me more and more confidence in Bullion and seem to be very genuine people as well Cool. Also If I get carried away with anything let my investor ass know my place haha
legendary
Activity: 894
Merit: 1064
so are we good to run the new BPN on a rpi3 , i really hope this can happen as this will be a really good plus point to be able to run it on a cheap machine without all the power needed to keep a desktop on these days

Next item on the roadmap is the online Vault. Perhaps we can reorder these items so the rpi 3 goes next, BUT I tought the online Vault was more important as it will allow many more users to join the CBX network, from less fortunate countries as well as countries where electricity is not reliable. Also the online Vault will allow payment using smartphones, so it can be used as carry-on temporary money medium.

When we deliver the full Vault 3 software, perhaps we can confirm (decide) together what will be the next step.
legendary
Interesting post, nicjobi, a bit intimidating, so sorry it took me so long to get to it!

This isn't full time for you guys now from my understanding but at what point would the four of you go full time Bullion. This is a big deal and know it needs to be carefully thought out.

(...)

I think Bullion can be the worldly coin. The Dev team so far it looks like is from the United States(Chris "elambert"), Canada(VonSpass) Belgium(Alexandre "Alex4J"), Portugal(Malafaya).

I see Bullion as being the Facebook to Bitcoins Myspace. Maybe a bad comparison because of the books current dilemma but a good one nonetheless. You have the old inefficient/costly bitcoin mining going on that non technical people do not care about. The POSP and BPNs are more energy efficient/easier to run and the rewards system is a bigger aspect for the masses than understood currently I believe. People love to the feeling of being rewarded myself included.

Bullion is not only energy efficient, but, if you want to start a CBX "mining" business, big or small, your investment goes towards buying actual CBX coins that, themselves, have intrinsic value, as opposed to buying expensive mining equipment that will become worthless in a few weeks, to mine ether or Bitcoin. I think it's a big plus in favor of CBX and PoSP and I'm surprised the Bitcoin community at large has never caught on to this.

Bitcoin is becoming an interest-less deflating asset, used more as store of value than for actual payment transactions, I'm sure Satoshi did not have this in mind when he (or they) created Bitcoin; I see CBX along those lines too, store of value, with the big difference that CBX pays interest to stake. CBX's money base is small and inflating very slowly, so we expect its value to keep increasing with its userbase.

Website: Would add the Bullion Widget from Coinmarketcap that shows current price and volume. Another option that is probably way more difficult but to make it more worldly is have the current USD price but also the option for all major currencies as a drop down option? Adding more when possible

Have a spot of the website stating Short term/Long Term goals of the Developers.

Simplicity: I cannot overstate that we need to have a "How to use your Vault: page on the new website. Explaining it as Simply as possible(Child like). I avoided getting into crypto for quite a while because it seemed so hard to get into.

Good ideas we will forward to website developer, and we will improve upon as we go.

Terminology:
You already have 1/100 or .01 of a CBX being called a Bull and multiples are Bulls. We need to prepare to start talking in terms of Bulls in the near future as the CBX price will increase. People that aren't able to buy that much will associate better with Bulls. Currently a staking reward is over .04 CBX. Switch that to Bulls and it is 4+ Bulls that have been rewarded. Which one would sound better to the masses. It would be the whole number reward of Bulls received. Maybe even force future updates of the vault to automatically be in Bulls when loaded and bigger bag holders change it to CBX totals.

Going back to widget for Bullion. Maybe have the full price of 1 CBX and 1 Bull on the intial website page.

I can't wait for the Bull having a significant value so that we won't be using the CBX term anymore (1 Bull = 1$) !

Rewards/Apps:
Is it possible to make an app where all it would do is have people put their Vault address in it and have it tie into CBX Rich list and the app would send a message/notification something like "Congratulations you've received 4+ Bulls from Staking" with our logo if they have been running their vault from home so they can see the progress while out in the real world? Once again I think the sense of a reward for an investor is a major player.

On the roadmap we have the item about an online CBX Vault. This Vault will be accessible from the web, via a smartphone or browser, and will allow people from less fortunate countries to join the CBX network. We can easily imagine a smartphone CBX app that can link to the online Vault, and report back in whatever way we choose...

I think your creation is great and the Bullion Brand it could go sky rocketing quickly and become a full time job. Devs and early adopters need to be rewarded and I get that and support it. Another thing is if you a looking in being involved in charity down the road after getting you and the devs set. Maybe something like the "The Bullion Initiative" worldwide charity just would have to make sure proof of the work being done and be as transparent as possible with representatives in countries to show proof of where the funds are being allocated.

I know that myself cannot wait for CBX to become my main professional focus, and I can imagine it's pretty much the same way for the others. Charity work, along with more international promotion, requires a time commitment that we will be happy to provide if CBX price will allow us the opportunity.

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
so are we good to run the new BPN on a rpi3 , i really hope this can happen as this will be a really good plus point to be able to run it on a cheap machine without all the power needed to keep a desktop on these days
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
As a slight addendum looks like I still need to download a pile of dependencies for the Linux distribution

as discussed here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31932663

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libqrencode.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-4.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any chance we can get these compiled into the new Linux release before we come out of Alpha? It will save support questions / new user frustration in the long run if it just "works" out of the box...

FR
Hi FR,
Well, we could compile these dependencies (static libs) with the Vault on Linux, but it's against the Linux philosophy.
However, something we have to do is making a package (.deb, .rpm, etc...) for Linux distributions that would handle the magic of shared dependencies installation.
If we have time to do it for an Alpha release we will do it for it, if not it will be for the official release.
An other thing that should come out is a Docker container for the Vault Daemon, this will app SysAdmin to deploy our system fastly and securily and it will help us to reach new people as all the pain of the installation would be far away.
OVA are also planned.

Alex4J.

Ah excellent, those all sound like super practical solutions to me Smiley Nice one

FR
Activity: 92
Merit: 13
As a slight addendum looks like I still need to download a pile of dependencies for the Linux distribution

as discussed here:

Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libqrencode.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-4.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any chance we can get these compiled into the new Linux release before we come out of Alpha? It will save support questions / new user frustration in the long run if it just "works" out of the box...

FR
Hi FR,
Well, we could compile these dependencies (static libs) with the Vault on Linux, but it's against the Linux philosophy.
However, something we have to do is making a package (.deb, .rpm, etc...) for Linux distributions that would handle the magic of shared dependencies installation.
If we have time to do it for an Alpha release we will do it for it, if not it will be for the official release.
An other thing that should come out is a Docker container for the Vault Daemon, this will app SysAdmin to deploy our system fastly and securily and it will help us to reach new people as all the pain of the installation would be far away.
OVA are also planned.

Alex4J.
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
another thing I am wondering about is the 5 BPNs for the development. Would you consider burning the 2000CBX of 1 or 2 or 3 of them when Price per CBX reaches certain levels. I'd vote to always keep at least 2 BPNs for the development personally at this time

The 5 dev team operated BPNs will not be sold. The interest earnings from these however will be sold and that will fuel ongoing development and advertising.

Great stuff on the previous post. I have skimmed over but have it flagged for a closer read thru, thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Similar my vault (v3.0) can't sync since yesterday

We have identified an issue with Vault 3 Alpha (test). The issue has been corrected but a new build will have to be compiled and released.

Vault 2.4.4 (stable/non-test) is not affected by the issue.

may i know what the issue is? is it a big issue . i hope not as i really like this coin ever since i join up at 60k stas

Issue has already been resolved. This is why we do the alpha test.

as discussed here:

Code:

FR
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins

We have identified an issue with Vault 3 Alpha (test). The issue has been corrected but a new build will have to be compiled and released.

may i know what the issue is? is it a big issue . i hope not as i really like this coin ever since i join up at 60k stas
Hi CBX team

Just running the new Linux version (Alpha4) of the wallet released above - after a bit of fiddling managed to get a repeatable

Segmentation Fault (Core dumped)

error message by exiting the wallet during synchronisation - It re-started ok and after a re-scan I was back in business

I seem to be able to trigger the Seg fault by going into Settings, Options and selecting 'Show Master Nodes Tab' - quitting the wallet at this point repeatably raises the described segmentation fault on the command line

Nothing more useful in the debug log i'm afraid, but defo an unhanded exception somewhere - might be to do with the omission of the BPN stuff but regardless a seg fault it never a welcome error at any point of development

Home that helps squash a potential bug or two Smiley

Cheers

FR

Hi, FR.

Thanks for the time you took to investigate this.
The 'Show Master Nodes Tab' option was deliberately soft-disabled for the alpha: you may activate it but nothing will happen.
It's true it shouldn't crash, and actually I never experienced that crash myself, but as it was a quick fix just for the alpha, something might have escaped our eyes.
I assume the crashes seem to be related to just setting this option? No crashes under other circumstances?

Indeed, just for setting this option... So no, not that I could see, tho I haven attempted staking in Alpha 4 just yet...
I know you have been working on this since at least 2013 but how do we keep sure that the dev team doesn't run away if price increases rapidly? I don't get the sense from you guys that you would though. Always responsive, Helpful and open to ideas!
another thing I am wondering about is the 5 BPNs for the development. Would you consider burning the 2000CBX of 1 or 2 or 3 of them when Price per CBX reaches certain levels. I'd vote to always keep at least 2 BPNs for the development personally at this time
I posted this to Bullions Telegram https://t.me/joinchat/FkBLVEimXQscVn1cetdd4g

Just some thoughts I have had from thinking this weekend. I hope people take the time to read it. Let me know what you agree with/disagree/possible issues with ideas. I know I am not a part of the dev team but am an investor with ideas. Ideas are easier said than done though.

This isn't full time for you guys now from my understanding but at what point would the four of you go full time Bullion. This is a big deal and know it needs to be carefully thought out.

I appreciate the work going on behind the scenes from developers. I have done thankless jobs in the past and understand how this can be similar especially with new people who don't understand what all goes into it. Thank You!

I am starting to read the older Reddit posts to better grasp everything and will finish that this week. I plan to educate myself more into how coding/development is done.

I think Bullion can be the worldly coin. The Dev team so far it looks like is from the United States(Chris "elambert"), Canada(VonSpass) Belgium(Alexandre "Alex4J"), Portugal(Malafaya).

I see Bullion as being the Facebook to Bitcoins Myspace. Maybe a bad comparison because of the books current dilemma but a good one nonetheless. You have the old inefficient/costly bitcoin mining going on that non technical people do not care about. The POSP and BPNs are more energy efficient/easier to run and the rewards system is a bigger aspect for the masses than understood currently I believe. People love to the feeling of being rewarded myself included.

Some of this may already be in the process apologise if it is.

Okay on to ideas:

Website: Would add the Bullion Widget from Coinmarketcap that shows current price and volume. Another option that is probably way more difficult but to make it more worldly is have the current USD price but also the option for all major currencies as a drop down option? Adding more when possible

Have a spot of the website stating Short term/Long Term goals of the Developers.

Simplicity: I cannot overstate that we need to have a "How to use your Vault: page on the new website. Explaining it as Simply as possible(Child like). I avoided getting into crypto for quite a while because it seemed so hard to get into. Finally went with Coinbase because of its simple layout. You guys are heading into the right direction with the Coinbook listing because it sounds like they are going to educate their buyers. To further back up the education that Coinbook will be giving it's customers and give them more confidence see if it's possible to add to Coinbooks listing a "How to use your Bullion Vault and be Rewarded!" or something along those lines.

Terminology:
You already have 1/100 or .01 of a CBX being called a Bull and multiples are Bulls. We need to prepare to start talking in terms of Bulls in the near future as the CBX price will increase. People that aren't able to buy that much will associate better with Bulls. Currently a staking reward is over .04 CBX. Switch that to Bulls and it is 4+ Bulls that have been rewarded. Which one would sound better to the masses. It would be the whole number reward of Bulls received. Maybe even force future updates of the vault to automatically be in Bulls when loaded and bigger bag holders change it to CBX totals.

Going back to widget for Bullion. Maybe have the full price of 1 CBX and 1 Bull on the intial website page.

Rewards/Apps:
Is it possible to make an app where all it would do is have people put their Vault address in it and have it tie into CBX Rich list and the app would send a message/notification something like "Congratulations you've received 4+ Bulls from Staking" with our logo if they have been running their vault from home so they can see the progress while out in the real world? Once again I think the sense of a reward for an investor is a major player.

Conclusion:
I will think of more things that come to my head. Hope to hear feedback and once again Ideas are easier said than done Smiley

Added:
 I think your creation is great and the Bullion Brand it could go sky rocketing quickly and become a full time job. Devs and early adopters need to be rewarded and I get that and support it. Another thing is if you a looking in being involved in charity down the road after getting you and the devs set. Maybe something like the "The Bullion Initiative" worldwide charity just would have to make sure proof of the work being done and be as transparent as possible with representatives in countries to show proof of where the funds are being allocated.

Activity: 490
Merit: 256
Hi CBX team

Just running the new Linux version (Alpha4) of the wallet released above - after a bit of fiddling managed to get a repeatable

error message by exiting the wallet during synchronisation - It re-started ok and after a re-scan I was back in business

I seem to be able to trigger the Seg fault by going into Settings, Options and selecting 'Show Master Nodes Tab' - quitting the wallet at this point repeatably raises the described segmentation fault on the command line

Nothing more useful in the debug log i'm afraid, but defo an unhanded exception somewhere - might be to do with the omission of the BPN stuff but regardless a seg fault it never a welcome error at any point of development

Cheers

FR

Hi, FR.

Thanks for the time you took to investigate this.
The 'Show Master Nodes Tab' option was deliberately soft-disabled for the alpha: you may activate it but nothing will happen.
It's true it shouldn't crash, and actually I never experienced that crash myself, but as it was a quick fix just for the alpha, something might have escaped our eyes.
I assume the crashes seem to be related to just setting this option? No crashes under other circumstances?
Hi CBX team

Cheers

FR
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
the new version (v 3 alpha 4) works and staking like a charm for me... nice work guys
keep up the efforts and many congrats to you all for another quick response/solution
Thank you for the update Von!
legendary
Bullion 2018 Roadmap Development Update!

Abstract: BPN work still underway, much advanced; new Vault 3 alpha 4 released for public testing.

Good evening fellow Bullionaires!

Work for final BPN Vault continues; we are happy to report that, if we do not stumble upon another big problem, final testing of BPN Vault 3.0.0 is just weeks away! We are creating a lot of new unique code for Bullion, along with a unique solution to the "BPN queue" aspect, so there were some unpredictable hurdles; but it seems now as though they are all gradually going away.

We are also happy to report that we have compiled a new Vault 3.0.0 (this time, version alpha 4), that dismisses the bug that many have reported recently on this thread. This is exactly why we conduct a public alpha testing procedure, so that we clear out these unforeseen issues and in the end have code that is as stable as humanly possible; so thanks to all who are helping with this alpha test, and thanks for reporting the issues that you encounter.

The download links for the new Vault 3.0 alpha 4 are:

Windows alpha4: http://node.alex4j.cryptobullion.io/v30/bullion-qt.exe
Linux alpha4: http://node.alex4j.cryptobullion.io/v30/bullion-qt64.zip

Thank you all for your support, have an excellent weekend!
copper member
Activity: 65
Merit: 1

Whew... thought it was just me, been going crazy thru multiple machines trying to sync. The actual problem is no network connection and

I've confirmed that its not the windows firewall preventing connections. I have BTC, bitcore and cloak wallets/nodes running with no issues.

BTW vault 2.4.4 had the same problem for me when I gave up on vault 3.0 (thou I prefer vault 3.0). Thanks for the attention.
Pages:
Jump to: