Pages:
Author

Topic: Bump Bot : Automatically bumps your topic to keep it on top - page 5. (Read 799290 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
When I had long standing marketplace threads that needed to be bumped on a fairly regular basis, I would try to stagger the times I would bump my threads in order to maximize the exposure of my threads. For example if someone regularly accesses the forum at 4:00 PM but I always bump my thread at noon then that person will never see my thread, so I will bump my threads closer to every 28-36 hours or so.

I am not interested in this myself, however out of curiosity is it possible to tweak the bot somewhat to require a larger gap from when the last post was made to when the thread will be bumped again?

I am also curious to know how the bot will know which post to delete. In the case of this thread, the bot is bumping the thread but you are responding to questions from your ak111in account. Would the bot know not to delete a post that you answered a question on when it goes to bump the thread again?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I would like to see a screenshot of the bot, please send me a PM.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
No doubt this is a welcomed idea but does this bot works with any other smf stuff or built only for btctalk forum?
Should work in theory but have not tested it.
I do not doubt that though i need something like this with little modifications.
PM sent.
Activity: 392
No doubt this is a welcomed idea but does this bot works with any other smf stuff or built only for btctalk forum?
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
Cool bot.

Btw, I do not prefer to use my account for bumping. So can I use it with a new account?

Also let me know if you are willing to sell it at 0.01 BTC being the first customer. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
bump

It works.

Will it work with a locked thread? Like the one TheButterZone always posts? Basically unlocking the thread then bumping then locking again.
Activity: 180
Merit: 1003
do you have any video or something like that so we can see the bot in action

This topic shows the bot in action. The bot will automatically bump this topic if there has been no new posts in last 24 hrs.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
The bot should (and does) remove his old bumps and I've seen it do it quite a few times. It didn't work this time though so I warned the creator/owner of the script and he's looking into it.
Activity: 356
Hey Mr bot delete your previous posts
The owner already did and is looking into it.
yes I see
The reason I said delete was because supposedly the bot did it I was taking kind of to the bot that he should do a complete job as said in the description of the bot
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
The owner already did and is looking into it.
Edit done already
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Anyone bought this bot.leave  a review/feeback
Is this bot safe to use?I don't get hacked Huh
Well OP offered to let you go through the code once you buy it. But I believe a better alternative would be to offer a vouch review copy to someone like NLNico or Mitchell

I dont think vouch copy will be helpful as it is difficult to prove that the file sent to buyer is the same as that of vouch copy, especially when buyers need minor modifications to the bot to satisfy their need.
I feel the best solution is to have a look at the code if the buyer knows php or use an escrow who can do it for the buyer. The escrow will go through the code and once everything is fine, send the code to buyer.

Lauda got mad at me once for doin 24 hour bumps without deleting previous posts.. Might want to make the bot do that too

EDIT:

Sorry lol didn't read the OP properly Tongue

Currently bot follows the following algo:
>Goto the autobump topic.
>Check if the the last post was made today, if yes, stop.
>Check if the last post is bump.
>If last post is bump delete the bump post otherwise move to next step.
>Make a bump post.

I assume that this algo should satisfy forum requirements, otherwise I will update it as needed.
do you have any video or something like that so we can see the bot in action
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I don't bite.
For what we bump our thread but we are not active there (offline) ?
In my opinion, this is actually helpful especially to someone that is selling digital goods on an auto-buy site or they simply want to BUMP the topic for a specific service/announcement thread though I think that this bot is not necessary at all.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
-

maybe you can put you email on your thread or any cp
then notice them because the bump from bots lol  Grin
Activity: 616
bump
Wow, bot.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501
Don't you think once topics got auto bumped that the forum will be once regulated by bots. Don't see the point about boys on an public forum.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Fine by me. Roll Eyes

Lauda got mad at me once for doin 24 hour bumps without deleting previous posts.. Might want to make the bot do that too

EDIT:

Sorry lol didn't read the OP properly Tongue
Bump Bot:
>Follows forum rules of one bump per 24hr and deleting old bumps before posting new one.
bump
now is that the allowed 24h interval or did someone set the delay on his bot wrong?
The bot is set to make one post per day, which would be same on average.

If it requires you to login, you might be careful on using this since its not open source.
Could forward login credentials.

Yeah I think so just aware on this issue. By the way I think this is interesting service on this forum.
You can go through the code after you buy it or use a throw-away account which can be used to bump the topic.
Pages:
Jump to: