Pages:
Author

Topic: bustabit.com -- The Social Gambling Game - page 5. (Read 293500 times)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
October 08, 2017, 10:05:20 AM
i wanna invest this one when will the v2 will be publish?
I'd like to know it too

If by v2 you mean the new site replacing Bustabit then Bustadice is already up and running. New thread is here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2219681.0

Edit: See next post for correct answer  Embarrassed
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 08, 2017, 09:13:24 AM
I'd like to know it too
Activity: 1022
Merit: 306
October 08, 2017, 09:02:42 AM
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
October 07, 2017, 12:41:52 PM
I am using desktop computer, windows xp service pack 3, and tried both google chrome and mozilla firefox and getting the same message and the site is not opening.

I think somewhere on your end (ISP, country, network?) someone is DNS blocking bustabit

Ya this may be the problem but even if the operating system is not properly installed or some necessary files got corrupted then also you can face the same problem. So i think first you have to reinstall the operating system and even then if you are facing the same problem then you can go and check with if your ISP OR COUNTRY is blocking this site to not use it.

Thank you very much for everyone help and what you said same thing i checked it , went to cybercafe and tried to open it and the site got opened with same operating system in google chrome, so my operating system got corrupt and i reinstalled it and now i am able to play bustabit game.

Thank you everyone for helping to clear my doubts.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
October 06, 2017, 02:14:00 PM
I am using desktop computer, windows xp service pack 3, and tried both google chrome and mozilla firefox and getting the same message and the site is not opening.

I think somewhere on your end (ISP, country, network?) someone is DNS blocking bustabit

Ya this may be the problem but even if the operating system is not properly installed or some necessary files got corrupted then also you can face the same problem. So i think first you have to reinstall the operating system and even then if you are facing the same problem then you can go and check with if your ISP OR COUNTRY is blocking this site to not use it.
legendary
Activity: 2557
Merit: 1886
October 06, 2017, 11:42:24 AM

legendary
October 06, 2017, 11:38:08 AM
Hi, is the site still actively working or it got closed as i am not able to open the site for the past more then 1 hour, Below isthe message i am receiving it when trying to open the site in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browers

This site can’t be reached

www.bustabit.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Can anyone confirm that the site is still working or not. as for the past long time i have not used the site and today only i am trying to open as wanted to play some game.

Try this guide: http://www.incrediblelab.com/dns-probe-finished-nxdomain-windows/

I've seen this error come up before at work.

Activity: 501
Merit: 340
Bye Felisha!
October 05, 2017, 02:26:47 PM
Hi, is the site still actively working or it got closed as i am not able to open the site for the past more then 1 hour, Below isthe message i am receiving it when trying to open the site in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browers

Can anyone confirm that the site is still working or not. as for the past long time i have not used the site and today only i am trying to open as wanted to play some game.

Try this guide: http://www.incrediblelab.com/dns-probe-finished-nxdomain-windows/

I've seen this error come up before at work.
Activity: 217
Merit: 120
Presale is live!
October 03, 2017, 03:27:51 AM

You may be banned?
As site is loading fine.
Fast and smooth loading.
legendary
October 02, 2017, 05:12:10 PM

Weird, where are you located? There's some countries I believe that block bustabit on the DNS level, or could be some intermittent problem. But I don't believe there's been any widespread issue  Grin
Activity: 1750
Merit: 373
<------
October 02, 2017, 03:57:31 PM

No problem here as I tried it in my phone. (I'm based in the Philippines) if that makes a difference.

perhaps, it is an error from your end?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 515
October 02, 2017, 03:47:17 PM

No problems here. It's most likely on your end.
I have google chrome, and it works just as good as other days.
legendary
October 02, 2017, 03:43:42 PM

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 07:23:21 AM
Why exactely are you wanting to built in the investment feature? Is the current bankroll not large enough to sustain large bets? Have there been requests for making a higher max bet (I don't know if it exists, but I can imagine so).

I guess it comes down to a few things: Offering bigger bets will definitely be nice, it's pretty commonly requested by whales. The current max-bet is 1 bitcoin, which is pretty small compared to some other sites. But even so, largely because of the low amount of games per day (and everyone playing them at the same time) there's a *lot* of variance: (e.g. I think today I made ~50 BTC, and yesterday lost about the same) you can can see here: https://dicesites.com/bustabit

It'll also help in that investors will have to pay 25% of the expected value, regardless of how the site performs -- so that will also lower my variance considerably.

But probably the biggest reason, is I hope that the invest system makes bustabit itself a more interesting/popular/vibrant community. Giving people the option to share in bustabit's success (even if they only invest $50) I think has the potential to cause the the site significantly. I'm also expecting that I will be the vast-majority investor (I have a huge advantage over other investors: I have no counter-party risk) -- so even if it only achieves a modest increase in the site volume -- I think it'll be a net plus.

And finally, it gives me a lot more personal economic freedom. Pretty much >99% of my personal net-worth is tied up in bitcoin. One big reason I've been reluctant to diversify is that I really do need a bit stack of bitcoin for the bankroll (e.g. around this time last year, I lost >400 BTC bitcoin to a very unlucky month). If there's enough investor interest to the point the bankroll is bigger than it needs to be (e.g. players are no longer constrained by the bet limits), I'll feel a lot freer to start taking my own money out.

I can understand that, no one should honestly have their entire net in 1 thing, even bitcoin.

What I can't understand is why you don't simply continue to operate the site as is, and then just turn some of your own bitcoin into fiat (or whatever you choose).

You aren't saying that if you don't keep all of your profit from bustabit in bitcoin, that the entire site would cease to exist are you?

It's no secret that you've amassed a fortune over the past few years, one that would put some second string NBA players to shame, heck you probably put the first stringers to shame as well.

How is collecting pittances from the guys who already provide you with that wealth going to help de-risk you? Or is this about more profit with less risk, rather than less profit and less risk?

Thanks.
legendary
September 30, 2017, 07:11:37 AM
I fully understand the reasons and it makes fully sense to invite Investors. may I ask why not an ICO? I am sure your ICO would succeed but I would be interested to understand your reasoning why you decided for Investors to put their coins  direct into the Bank Roll  (I personally like it more that an ICO)

I guess there's a million ways to structure an ICO, so it's hard to answer that. But I think the "bet on the house" system is fairest for everyone. I'm not really doing anything crazy, so the only thing I need money for is the bankroll. So I think it makes sense to just do that directly, and give people the freedom to enter/exit at will. Also the investor system has a really neat way to lower your counter-party risk by leveraging. So you can say "I want to invest 50 BTC, but I'll only put 10 BTC on site" and it'll risk as if you had 50 BTC (e.g. put it to toward the max-profit) but you get automatically stopped out if you lose 10 BTC. I'm not sure I could possibly reproduce something like that with an ICO.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 02:10:00 AM
I'm hoping it's a percent rebate to all the players that helped donate 2400+ btc to Ryan. cough cough...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1011
All Games incl Racer and Lottery game are Closed
September 30, 2017, 12:42:12 AM
Why exactely are you wanting to built in the investment feature? Is the current bankroll not large enough to sustain large bets? Have there been requests for making a higher max bet (I don't know if it exists, but I can imagine so).

I guess it comes down to a few things: Offering bigger bets will definitely be nice, it's pretty commonly requested by whales. The current max-bet is 1 bitcoin, which is pretty small compared to some other sites. But even so, largely because of the low amount of games per day (and everyone playing them at the same time) there's a *lot* of variance: (e.g. I think today I made ~50 BTC, and yesterday lost about the same) you can can see here: https://dicesites.com/bustabit

It'll also help in that investors will have to pay 25% of the expected value, regardless of how the site performs -- so that will also lower my variance considerably.

But probably the biggest reason, is I hope that the invest system makes bustabit itself a more interesting/popular/vibrant community. Giving people the option to share in bustabit's success (even if they only invest $50) I think has the potential to cause the the site significantly. I'm also expecting that I will be the vast-majority investor (I have a huge advantage over other investors: I have no counter-party risk) -- so even if it only achieves a modest increase in the site volume -- I think it'll be a net plus.

And finally, it gives me a lot more personal economic freedom. Pretty much >99% of my personal net-worth is tied up in bitcoin. One big reason I've been reluctant to diversify is that I really do need a bit stack of bitcoin for the bankroll (e.g. around this time last year, I lost >400 BTC bitcoin to a very unlucky month). If there's enough investor interest to the point the bankroll is bigger than it needs to be (e.g. players are no longer constrained by the bet limits), I'll feel a lot freer to start taking my own money out.

I fully understand the reasons and it makes fully sense to invite Investors. may I ask why not an ICO? I am sure your ICO would succeed but I would be interested to understand your reasoning why you decided for Investors to put their coins  direct into the Bank Roll  (I personally like it more that an ICO)

thx
legendary
September 29, 2017, 11:38:36 PM

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515
September 29, 2017, 11:15:43 PM
@RHavar I do like the layout of the beta (I guess ??), but one question remains.

legendary
September 29, 2017, 10:41:44 PM
If anyone can help me find issues with:

dev.bustabit.com

It would be greatly appreciated. Issues can be reported here: https://github.com/bustabit/issues/issues

Or via the dev.bustabit.com chat, or through the dev.bustabit.com support system.

--

(And remember, dev.bustabit.com uses it's own isolated database and testbitcoin instead of real bitcoin. The testnet withdrawal system is currently not functional either)
Pages:
Jump to: