Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 38. (Read 186929 times)

Activity: 628
Merit: 504
I must be the only one prayyyyyyyying BFL doesn't delivery mine in 6 weeks or less.

Come on May 25th or later ...

Ok, since people are waiting on my order to get shipped, and see how long it'll take them I have to confess. I've changed my order to 2 mini rigs.  Grin. Right, all single orders after mine are moved up the list and I'm not going to sell my place in line (I could though) Roll Eyes Instead, if yo feel like you could donate here is my address 14gBxD2pAGNTu9stEL7RxVjPD7iSeFp9Kn  Cheesy
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
(and I reserve the right to cancel my rig-box order then).

Unlike the singles, when I ordered my rig box, Sonny said that due to a majority of the funds going into the production, order cancellations are not allowed.

Good info, thank you!
Activity: 348
if true, that is definitely a red flag of concern

I disagree.  There's enough business risk without them having to worry about getting a half million dollars worth of orders cancelled because the bitcoin market tanks.  Particularly when they probably don't have the funds to cover such a loss.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
if true, that is definitely a red flag of concern
Activity: 348
(and I reserve the right to cancel my rig-box order then).

Unlike the singles, when I ordered my rig box, Sonny said that due to a majority of the funds going into the production, order cancellations are not allowed.
donator
Nope, not interested in that.  If we are doing large amounts, we would have to escrow the full amount. 200 BTC is only about $1000 at current rates, not really worth the risk.  I might take the risk for a full rigbox (mini-rig).  Bet big or go home, as it were.  

Yeah, I'm sure for a full mini-rig value you would immediately get the BFL guys on board and make sure I get preferred delivery (or switch places in the order line). Too bad that this wouldn't help me, on the contrary I would just make sure to immediately lose my rig-box to you.  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Nope, not interested in that.  If we are doing large amounts, we would have to escrow the full amount. 200 BTC is only about $1000 at current rates, not really worth the risk.  I might take the risk for a full rigbox (mini-rig).  Bet big or go home, as it were. 
donator
Haha, I think you are.  Do you want to bet on a RigBox, too?  I'm open to the idea... Smiley

I might take you up on a bet (as a small hedge for lost BTC on late delivery):

If I ordered today (Sonny has consistently quoted 12-15 weeks delivery time on Mini-Rigs) I expect the Rig-Box to be shipped no later than the next business day after 15 weeks, that would be August 6 (right?).
Given the large sum the order might go through by Monday (special requirements, I'll cancel some BFL Single for that).

So my Rig-Box ordered no later than Monday April 24th (by 4pm CDT) isn't been shipped by Monday August 6 end of the day CDT, you will pay me 200BTC (nice round sum, sorry not the full rig-box amount) within 2 weeks of that date (and I reserve the right to cancel my rig-box order then).

If it gets shipped by Monday August 6 end of the day, then I'll give you the first 200BTC mined with it.

What do you say, are you interested?

Activity: 466
Interested in your bet Inaba. How much do you want to bet and what conditions. RigBox = Mini-Rig I assume.
donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
I must be the only one prayyyyyyyying BFL doesn't delivery mine in 6 weeks or less.
Don't show your order number to anyone :)
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Haha, I think you are.  Do you want to bet on a RigBox, too?  I'm open to the idea... Smiley

No I think I will pass.  To much uncertainty.  BFL may be prioritizing delivery of the Rigs given their high pricetag.  They may have less startup issues given the lower power per chip.  There is less of a backlog. 
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Haha, I think you are.  Do you want to bet on a RigBox, too?  I'm open to the idea... Smiley
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Come on May 25th or later ...
rjk
1ngldh
Apparently, lying about delivery dates counts for nothing around here.
Magazine, anyone? Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I'll be glad to reimburse you for your place in line for the single you ordered if you decide to go the refund route.

I'll wait for them.  Smiley

I'm anxious to receive them;  I don't want to order another batch of them until I test them out for myself.

This is exactly why I just ordered 3 more two nights ago... I think a lot of people are going to like them when they get them.  And I can always dispute the transaction or ask for a refund which they seem great about if my first doesn't show up within the next 45 days or I don't like it.

FYI, my 6 week period ended 2 days ago.  I'm hoping to see it by early May, but Butterfly Labs isn't even giving any estimates at this point.  I'll take a bad estimate, but at the same time, I'd rather have them shipping instead of estimated my delivery date.. I think... Smiley

~ciao
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Dave, hate to break it to you, but they won't be shipping yours next week.

But the order confirmation page said it was guaranteed!

Apparently, lying about delivery dates counts for nothing around here.
BFL have been doing it since last September - you'd be a fool to think that will change any time soon.
Just look at the delivery times of others to get an idea of when you might get it - ignore anything BFL says on that particular subject.
Activity: 392
Dave, hate to break it to you, but they won't be shipping yours next week.
But the order confirmation page said it was guaranteed!

Yes, yes it did. Look on the bright side: they've been really good about issuing refunds.

These clowns don't know what a guarantee is... They seem to think we should be grateful they offer to return our money after failure to delivery the product. Clearly no one is receiving any of there products within 4-6 weeks. I doubt even one person has ever received a single product in the time frame guaranteed on the website. I guess they like to treat there customers like idiots, instead of giving the real delivery dates. They know how long its going to take.
Activity: 446
I'll be glad to reimburse you for your place in line for the single you ordered if you decide to go the refund route.

I'm anxious to receive them;  I don't want to order another batch of them until I test them out for myself.

Dave, you won't be sorry. I wish I had bought many more and I have 10 with 4 more on order. They are perfect to me.
Activity: 344

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I'm about 5 weeks into the 4-6 week delivery period on my 2 Bitforce Singles now, so hopefully they'll ship next week!

I placed a order almost 10 weeks ago. I doubt it will be here any time soon. The third expected delivery date has come and gone. Apparently they are scared to give out realistic delivery dates, so they just lie instead. I gave up on getting a honest delivery date. Looks like there several months behind though.

So why isn't your user name listed with an order date, number of units & confirm date here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67887.40

Huh  Get on it!
Pages:
Jump to: