Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 137. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
April 26, 2013, 01:57:10 PM
its generally 90 days, same as checks.
Activity: 6
April 26, 2013, 01:23:51 PM
I've paid for all mine via credit card, If it doesn't ship I have a $0 liability.

I'm not giving an opinion here on the scam\noscam issue. But this last comment dose make me wonder - is there a statue of limitations with a credit card company on how long you can wait to file a fraudulent claim, etc..?

most of the time its 90 days... some stuff is 180.
Activity: 57
April 26, 2013, 01:21:13 PM
I've paid for all mine via credit card, If it doesn't ship I have a $0 liability.

I'm not giving an opinion here on the scam\noscam issue. But this last comment dose make me wonder - is there a statue of limitations with a credit card company on how long you can wait to file a fraudulent claim, etc..?

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
April 26, 2013, 12:22:22 PM
Maybe in next months (september or later) the only way to have a good profitability with ASIC (small amount) will be to have an almost free electricity
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 26, 2013, 12:13:12 PM
Has anyone been successful  at
minimizing the cost of electricity with alternative power sources. Like wind, water currents, and  solar?

Don't know who it was, but someone says in their signature all of their BTC farming is solar powered.
Activity: 16
April 26, 2013, 12:00:25 PM
still waitin on mine since august 2012....
Activity: 11
April 26, 2013, 11:44:18 AM
Their customer service can be seen as a little rough around the edges.  Has anyone been successful  at
minimizing the cost of electricity with alternative power sources. Like wind, water currents, and  solar?

Using one of BFL's  smaller units in a pool with reduced power cost, could be worth considering.
However then there is the cost of parts that burn out like fans.

I'm brand new to this so I don't know much. However in some situations the all parts of a scenario have to
be just right for something to work.  It's not just about the upfront cost.

Don't mind me though I can respect the fact that people who paid months ago have seen the price
of BTC skyrocket.  So that can be seen as lost money.

Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!
April 26, 2013, 11:37:20 AM
I just hope these things are shipped and I receive mine before difficulty skyrockets and I end up wasting the money that I spent on one of the boxes.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 254
April 26, 2013, 11:36:06 AM
Its not a scam they just needed your money to pay for production, they knew you wouldn't pay today to get it a year later. These guys have expenses such as paying there PR guy a huge salary
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 26, 2013, 11:31:01 AM
Not a scam, i have nothing else to add :p
Activity: 382
April 26, 2013, 11:20:59 AM
Wow! So much negativity here.... BFL should have their backorders fulfilled by August 2013. Reputable people have received and are mining with their Jalapenos: https://twitter.com/BFL_News Why be so negative when in reality you don't know anything? You must be one of the jealous ones that missed the price of the unit before it nearly doubled...

Why all the negativity?

Because those who are mining with older tech are hoping and praying that BFL is a scam so they can keep mining at the current difficulty.  Cause otherwise their mining days are numbered unless they buy some ASICs also.  Even if BFL were a scam (and it's not) those days will soon be over anyway.  The total hashrate (and therefore the difficulty) will be exponentially higher within 6 months.  No doubt about it.  If it's in the 70TH's today it will be no less than 700 or 1000TH's in 6-9 months.

The REAL problem is that BFL is NOT a scam.  That's a bigger problem.  In 9-12 months, paying $2500 for 50GH will be a losing proposition unless the value of BTC hits $500 US.  It's going to be hard to break even when 50GHs is a tiny % of the processing power.  The difficulty is about to skyrocket.  The value of BTC has to rise with the difficulty or mining won't make sense.  <- remember this

Most of the people who paid and then got pissed off for not receiving anything have already demanded a refund.  Might still be pissed and feel screwed, but those aren't the one's here complaining.

And to all those who keep questioning if BFL is just mining with the gear.. gawd!  I'm a noob and I know that's not happening.  It would be easy to tell.  Do some investigating on blockchain.info or something.

And finally, who got an email saying that they're not shipping until october?  Really?  Cause I didn't get mine yet.  Did they only send it to some people who ordered?

Couldn't have said it better. They wont mine with their own hardware when they make more money off selling the hardware to us. The faster they ship product the more they make. That is their goal. To assume anything else is just silly.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
www.bitcoingem.com
April 26, 2013, 11:01:54 AM
Why would anyone want to purchase a product from a company where their employees (Josh aka Inaba) is spending his whole time sitting on a forum defending himself and calling everyone an idiot and trying to be witty insulting everyone that challenges his.

Its rediculous how unprofessional he is. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it.

I would stay as far away from BFL as possible if I had any advice for newbies.  Look at who they let represent their company and brand.
Activity: 24
April 26, 2013, 04:15:54 AM
Wow! So much negativity here.... BFL should have their backorders fulfilled by August 2013. Reputable people have received and are mining with their Jalapenos: https://twitter.com/BFL_News Why be so negative when in reality you don't know anything? You must be one of the jealous ones that missed the price of the unit before it nearly doubled...

Why all the negativity?

Because those who are mining with older tech are hoping and praying that BFL is a scam so they can keep mining at the current difficulty.  Cause otherwise their mining days are numbered unless they buy some ASICs also.  Even if BFL were a scam (and it's not) those days will soon be over anyway.  The total hashrate (and therefore the difficulty) will be exponentially higher within 6 months.  No doubt about it.  If it's in the 70TH's today it will be no less than 700 or 1000TH's in 6-9 months.

The REAL problem is that BFL is NOT a scam.  That's a bigger problem.  In 9-12 months, paying $2500 for 50GH will be a losing proposition unless the value of BTC hits $500 US.  It's going to be hard to break even when 50GHs is a tiny % of the processing power.  The difficulty is about to skyrocket.  The value of BTC has to rise with the difficulty or mining won't make sense.  <- remember this

Most of the people who paid and then got pissed off for not receiving anything have already demanded a refund.  Might still be pissed and feel screwed, but those aren't the one's here complaining.

And to all those who keep questioning if BFL is just mining with the gear.. gawd!  I'm a noob and I know that's not happening.  It would be easy to tell.  Do some investigating on blockchain.info or something.

And finally, who got an email saying that they're not shipping until october?  Really?  Cause I didn't get mine yet.  Did they only send it to some people who ordered?
Activity: 37
April 26, 2013, 04:00:55 AM
Activity: 57
April 26, 2013, 03:55:13 AM
Yesterday two trolls in the BTC-e trollbox replied they received a shipping code for their bfl box.

So maybe BFL got it now.

But its the trollbox... The name is no coincidence
Activity: 8
April 25, 2013, 07:18:39 PM
I would also like to add, if you buy now, you are in the back of the orders so you are most likely not going to see yours until sometime in 2013. Let me break that down really quick with some basic assumptions.

$2500 in btc now = 17.24 @$145

If the price goes up to $500 that would be $8620 if $1000 = $17240

Those prices are very real.

You are not paying in BTC when buying from BL if i am correct. You are only paying the flat fee even for the Jalapeno at 250... but still even if you are only getting 1 of those and are not getting it for how long that is still 250 that you are out until you finally get it in 2014 sometime by the time the backorders are done. Still a waste of time especially because you know if they have pushed it back for this long then its going to get pushed back again.
Activity: 14
April 25, 2013, 07:12:06 PM
I would also like to add, if you buy now, you are in the back of the orders so you are most likely not going to see yours until sometime in 2013. Let me break that down really quick with some basic assumptions.

$2500 in btc now = 17.24 @$145

If the price goes up to $500 that would be $8620 if $1000 = $17240

Those prices are very real.
April 25, 2013, 07:08:15 PM
I just received an email from them that said they would start shipping in late September or early October.  Haven't they been stringing people out now like this since April of 2012? 

Wait so you are talking waiting another 6 months. This company needs to be outed. They are only making money off you there should be no reason it takes this long to get a pre order product.

Wow, so far what i have been getting from people is that there is no point in even thinking of trying to get a BL product... Unless someone can correct my thinking on that....

Your thinking is right. You are only losing money. Once you get this thing. $2500 in BTC you paid back in November could very well be worth $50-100K I doubt you will be able to mine that and make your money back.
Activity: 8
April 25, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
I just received an email from them that said they would start shipping in late September or early October.  Haven't they been stringing people out now like this since April of 2012? 

Wait so you are talking waiting another 6 months. This company needs to be outed. They are only making money off you there should be no reason it takes this long to get a pre order product.

Wow, so far what i have been getting from people is that there is no point in even thinking of trying to get a BL product... Unless someone can correct my thinking on that....
April 25, 2013, 06:49:08 PM

Jump to: