Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 133. (Read 415652 times)

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
April 29, 2013, 01:11:34 PM
I would still like an answer to my very basic questions. When did BFL have a working prototype of their ASIC in lab and ready for testing. And how and when did you guys decide on the power consumption?

"I'm sorry, that information is classified."
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 29, 2013, 01:01:17 PM
oh hello bryan micon
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 29, 2013, 01:00:18 PM
I dont read all in that thread. But when I understand it, they already send some units. Like this https://plus.google.com/u/0/107253423193517853418/posts/PQuAMcQnq6g I actualy talk with person who have it. So I start think, BFL is maybe not a scam. Or its clever scam Cheesy now more ppl will send money.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
April 29, 2013, 12:39:40 PM
I would still like an answer to my very basic questions. When did BFL have a working prototype of their ASIC in lab and ready for testing. And how and when did you guys decide on the power consumption?
legendary
CEO of IOHK
April 29, 2013, 12:36:32 PM
See, that's the problem though.  I tried that in his last thread that he created.  He got in a huff, threw a tantrum and locked the thread when it was clear that he had lost the debate.  He's not a rational person... he's just interested in trolling and therefore deserves no consideration.  He's just another waste of resources and nothing more.

Josh's guide to pointing out falsehoods.

Step 1 Say this:

Step 2 Say this:

We don't need things like links. Articles, facts, or any of that stuff.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
April 29, 2013, 12:29:13 PM

See, that's the problem though.  I tried that in his last thread that he created.  He got in a huff, threw a tantrum and locked the thread when it was clear that he had lost the debate.  He's not a rational person... he's just interested in trolling and therefore deserves no consideration.  He's just another waste of resources and nothing more.

In that case, would it not be better to just not post back at all?  Don't feed the trolls and all that ...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
April 29, 2013, 12:25:09 PM

It's funny how me pointing out the falsehoods in your posts make you feel "viciously attacked."  Huh... yep, funny how that worked out.

Actually, I think that calling people stupid and idiot over and over and over again is what is meant by the attack comment.

You want to act all innocent, but simply pointing out falsehoods could be accomplished without doing so and in a much more professional manner.

See, that's the problem though.  I tried that in his last thread that he created.  He got in a huff, threw a tantrum and locked the thread when it was clear that he had lost the debate.  He's not a rational person... he's just interested in trolling and therefore deserves no consideration.  He's just another waste of resources and nothing more.
legendary
CEO of IOHK
April 29, 2013, 12:12:13 PM
Alright since this thread has grown so large, I think we need a recap of what has happened.

First BFL promised magic stuff:

Thus they took lots of money for said stuff:

Then they found out that ASIC development is hard:

And we had to wait a very long time:

When we asked nicely about the delays here was BFL's response:

Which has made me a sad panda:

I post a list of questions that you could have nicely answered:

And here is your response:

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
April 29, 2013, 12:07:37 PM

It's funny how me pointing out the falsehoods in your posts make you feel "viciously attacked."  Huh... yep, funny how that worked out.

Actually, I think that calling people stupid and idiot over and over and over again is what is meant by the attack comment.

You want to act all innocent, but simply pointing out falsehoods could be accomplished without doing so and in a much more professional manner.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
April 29, 2013, 12:01:20 PM

Just one more example of why you're and idiot. 

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
legendary
CEO of IOHK
April 29, 2013, 11:59:10 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry if I hurt your feewings by calling you stupid (the solution is to not post stupid shit).  Usually, liars and bullshit artists feel persecuted when they are exposed for what they are.  

It's funny how me pointing out the falsehoods in your posts make you feel "viciously attacked."  Huh... yep, funny how that worked out.

I was never exposed Josh because I haven't lied nor have I accepted millions of dollars in preorders (some for products that can't exist). You have walked a very fine line with the truth for a very long time and the veterans of this forum know this reality. Your company needs to deliver very soon. The clocks been ticking for way too long. You can't seem to understand that.

But go ahead, spend all your free time on bitcointalk.org telling me how stupid I am instead of working on delivering the units you took customer money for months ago. That's definitely a winning business strategy.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
April 29, 2013, 11:56:55 AM
Usually, liars and bullshit artists feel persecuted when they are exposed for what they are.

Ever considered a job as a projectionist?
legendary
April 29, 2013, 11:51:10 AM
Let me get this straight you aren't the ceo? Why in the world hasn't he fired you? I presumed the only person who could get away with so viciously attacking people in the forums while representing your company's brand was the ceo. I apologize and I truly feel sorry for him.

Oh, I'm so sorry if I hurt your feewings by calling you stupid (the solution is to not post stupid shit).  Usually, liars and bullshit artists feel persecuted when they are exposed for what they are.  

legendary
CEO of IOHK
April 29, 2013, 11:40:13 AM
Let me get this straight you aren't the ceo? Why in the world hasn't he fired you? I presumed the only person who could get away with so viciously attacking people in the forums while representing your company's brand was the ceo. I apologize and I truly feel sorry for him.
April 29, 2013, 11:17:23 AM
Josh, several months ago you said you had the capacity to build units, 400 a day, but we were waiting on chips.  Why are you only now recieiving the machinery to be able to pull of such feats?

You are terrible PR, and a major liability.  Love how you retort to inferior issues like someone calling you CEO.  So what?  When the whole company breaks, you are going to cry telling everyone it's not your fault?  You do carry the burden of moving things along, whether you like what you've gotten into or not.

You could always, come clean.
legendary
April 29, 2013, 11:07:25 AM
You're a CEO. Act like one

Just one more example of why you're and idiot.  If you even bothered to look up the most basic facts, you'd realize I'm not the CEO and never have been.  Heh.  You can't even get that straight and you expect others to believe your completely illogical arguments that have no basis in reality?  Right... how's that working out for you?

Puerto Libre needs to watch out, he's got some competition for his crown, it would seem.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 29, 2013, 09:20:37 AM
I feel if AMD wanted to they could whip together a miner ASIC in a month that would blow everyone else away Wink

They would probably be able to do it that fast, yeah. Compared to their CPUs, the ASIC are far less complex...

I'd be far more worried about Intel doing that than AMD though Wink
April 29, 2013, 02:18:04 AM
Welcome back Josh. I was beginning to miss you

Also false, if for no other reason than: If BFL is doing as you say, why has the global hashrate not increased beyond any accountable figures?  Again, it's clear you have zero understanding of anything related to hardware mining, so please stop trying to insert yourself into the conversation when have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/

I like graphs. Don't you? a 60,000 GH/s increase in just six months.

Also completely false.

So when exactly did you have a working prototype to perform said testing? Before or after you had to dramatically change your power consumption specs?

(3) They accepted millions of dollars in preorder money and have yet to ship any units to the general public in the queue

Completely false

What percentage of preorders have you shipped? I'm willing to wager it is less than 5%. You know David isn't the general public nor is wired magazine.

(2) BFL has never demonstrated a working 25, 50, and 1500 GH/s unit

Your point being?

You've accepted preorders for a technology that can't exist with you current product queue. Unless couldhashers is lying about those 6 rigs. When exactly are you planning on shipping your pixie magic minirig? Before or after you get it under 20KW TDP?
(1) This does not mean BFL is not a ponzi scheme. Just because they built a product in no way vets the company's operations

False. If you knew anything about the development of hardware, specifically ASIC devices for Bitcoin mining, you would realize how utterly ridiculous this statement is.

I know more than I let on Josh http://www.edn.com/design/integrated-circuit-design/4313790/Making-ASIC-power-estimates-before-the-design. That's probably a good idea. It's a damn shame you guys didn't follow that advice. Maybe you shouldn't have designed an entire product catalog around a power window you never tested with an actual prototype.

Also I can still freely assert you dipped into preorder money to cover R&D costs. You say no, but those delays must have been seriously costly. Ponzi would be so proud.

But you know what, keep shipping review units and collecting preorder money. It must be a good business.

I like this guy's logic Josh.  Thanks for banning me from your forum to have me forwarded here.  Considering how you have f'd up every single step along the way, there is no doubt in my mind that you will f up in getting away with your deceit.  I hate that you are pandering to social and media outlets while distributing the chips that EVERYONE was waiting on, completely out of order.  You are *already guilty of coercion and market manipulation, but how guilty you are will only be shown with time..
legendary
CEO of IOHK
April 29, 2013, 01:44:12 AM
And this is why you're a complete dumbass who can't even find his ass with both hands.

Quote from: charleshoskinson on Today at 05:23:36 AM
Also false, if for no other reason than: If BFL is doing as you say, why has the global hashrate not increased beyond any accountable figures?  Again, it's clear you have zero understanding of anything related to hardware mining, so please stop trying to insert yourself into the conversation when have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Huh, so where do you think those Avalons and ASICminer went?  To the sky?  Are you really that stupid or are you just pretending to be stupid?

Also completely false.

So when exactly did you have a working prototype to perform said testing? Before or after you had to dramatically change your power consumption specs?

Gosh, I wonder.  Could it be after?  Who would have thought?  Again, are you really that stupid or are you pretending to be stupid?

(3) They accepted millions of dollars in preorder money and have yet to ship any units to the general public in the queue

Completely false

What percentage of preorders have you shipped? I'm willing to wager it is less than 5%. You know David isn't the general public nor is wired magazine.

Customers have posted reviews.  It's not my fault you're too stupid to be able find (or more likely, able to read) them.  Don't blame other people for your failure to accomplish simple things in life, like due diligence.

You've accepted preorders for a technology that can't exist with you current product queue. Unless couldhashers is lying about those 6 rigs. When exactly are you planning on shipping your pixie magic minirig? Before or after you get it under 20KW TDP?

Oh gosh, I don't know... maybe by shipping multiple smaller units like we said we would weeks ago?  Are you really this stupid or are you pretending to be stupid?  Crap man, it's looking pretty grim.  I think you might *really* be this stupid.

I know more than I let on Josh http://www.edn.com/design/integrated-circuit-design/4313790/Making-ASIC-power-estimates-before-the-design. That's probably a good idea. It's a damn shame you guys didn't follow that advice. Maybe you shouldn't have designed an entire product catalog around a power window you never tested with an actual prototype.

You know more than you let on?  What do you know?  So far, you've shown you know two things:  Jack and Shit.  Jack left town about a week ago.  So what do you know? 

Also I can still freely assert you dipped into preorder money to cover R&D costs. You say no, but those delays must have been seriously costly. Ponzi would be so proud.

But you know what, keep shipping review units and collecting preorder money. It must be a good business.

Yeah, you can freely assert it all you want, it just makes you look like even more of an idiot every time you do.  But apparently you really are so stupid that you think repeating the same lie over and over makes you "smart!" So, I guess we have our answer, you really *are* that stupid.

You're a CEO. Act like one
legendary
April 29, 2013, 01:40:32 AM
And this is why you're a complete dumbass who can't even find his ass with both hands.

Also false, if for no other reason than: If BFL is doing as you say, why has the global hashrate not increased beyond any accountable figures?  Again, it's clear you have zero understanding of anything related to hardware mining, so please stop trying to insert yourself into the conversation when have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Huh, so where do you think those Avalons and ASICminer went?  To the sky?  Are you really that stupid or are you just pretending to be stupid?

Also completely false.

Gosh, I wonder.  Could it be after?  Who would have thought?  Again, are you really that stupid or are you pretending to be stupid?

Completely false

Customers have posted reviews.  It's not my fault you're too stupid to be able find (or more likely, able to read) them.  Don't blame other people for your failure to accomplish simple things in life, like due diligence.

Oh gosh, I don't know... maybe by shipping multiple smaller units like we said we would weeks ago?  Are you really this stupid or are you pretending to be stupid?  Crap man, it's looking pretty grim.  I think you might *really* be this stupid.

You know more than you let on?  What do you know?  So far, you've shown you know two things:  Jack and Shit.  Jack left town about a week ago.  So what do you know?  

Yeah, you can freely assert it all you want, it just makes you look like even more of an idiot every time you do.  But apparently you really are so stupid that you think repeating the same lie over and over makes you "smart!" So, I guess we have our answer, you really *are* that stupid.

Jump to: