Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 143. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 23, 2013, 03:19:06 PM
according to the Blog entry from BFL_Jody, they shipped a couple customer units and some more developer units over the last 2 days...

Link?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
April 23, 2013, 03:17:54 PM
Wow.. cant beleive  that its really a scam
jml
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 23, 2013, 03:16:48 PM
according to the Blog entry from BFL_Jody, they shipped a couple customer units and some more developer units over the last 2 days...

Link?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
April 23, 2013, 03:09:58 PM

jml
Activity: 238
April 23, 2013, 03:09:22 PM
Ok let's actually solve this problem then. Let's pick a date and if BFL has not shipped by then, we agree to start a list for a class action lawsuit for fraud.

That date was long overdue!
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
April 23, 2013, 03:05:49 PM
Guys what you say that only Jalapeno has been rolled out from BFL? How about other ASIC's?
I've seen a web page getminer_com as they are selling from 5GH/s  to 1500 GH/s ASIC's are they SCAMmmers?
Can some one tell me which models BFL has released yet?

Thanks

getminer is a scam. they are selling pre-order slots. or, they claim to be selling pre-order slots.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
April 23, 2013, 03:05:33 PM
Ok let's actually solve this problem then. Let's pick a date and if BFL has not shipped by then, we agree to start a list for a class action lawsuit for fraud.
Activity: 350
April 23, 2013, 03:02:56 PM
does anyone have an approximate idea of how many orders they have taken?

even if they're shipping jalapeños currently, there's no way they'll be able to fulfill every order placed to date by the end of the year.

They're scammers and have been consistently lying since June of 2012 when they began taking 100% pay in advance pre-orders for now cancelled products that have still not been delivered. They're in violation of US consumer protection laws and have been contacted by the AG's office once that I know of. Their CEO was convicted of wire fraud(theft) and is currently on probation.

PLEASE do your research before sending these bozos your $$$. Their website is extremely misleading and many of their ads omit the "pre-" part and just say "Order Now", which is crap because they've nothing to sell you now. If you order now you'll not receive your product for several months though their website does not make this at all clear.

There's a thread specifically created to track orders placed with this utter failure of a company located here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wait-list-bfl-sc-pre-order-information-monarch-orders-too-89685

Though many of you cannot go there. On that voluntary thread, which hasn't been updated since March 29, are over 63Th of orders for now cancelled products, most of which were placed last year and NONE of which have been delivered to date. The company was long since required to issue automatic refunds according to FTC regulation, but has failed to do so.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules

If after all of this information, you're still determined to order from these guys at the very least do not pay with Bitcoins. Use a system with buyer protection, cc or paypal. Those that paid for minirigs($30k) with BTC in June of 2012 with an exchange rate just over $6(4838BTC) have lost over $500k in USD/BTC exchange rate increases over the past 10 months and still don't have a product to show for it, or even a shipping date estimate as required by law. If they request a refund they'll not get the near 5000BTC they paid in, they'll instead get 220BTC. They're completely hosed and will not make their money back...don't be that guy.

I'm done trying to warn you guys...sorry for the rant. This company just makes me sick to my stomach.

1,000 internets to you sir
Activity: 434
April 23, 2013, 02:54:20 PM

even if they're shipping jalapeños currently, there's no way they'll be able to fulfill every order placed to date by the end of the year.

They're scammers and have been consistently lying since June of 2012 when they began taking 100% pay in advance pre-orders for now cancelled products that have still not been delivered. They're in violation of US consumer protection laws and have been contacted by the AG's office once that I know of. Their CEO was convicted of wire fraud(theft) and is currently on probation.

PLEASE do your research before sending these bozos your $$$. Their website is extremely misleading and many of their ads omit the "pre-" part and just say "Order Now", which is crap because they've nothing to sell you now. If you order now you'll not receive your product for several months though their website does not make this at all clear.

There's a thread specifically created to track orders placed with this utter failure of a company located here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wait-list-bfl-sc-pre-order-information-monarch-orders-too-89685

Though many of you cannot go there. On that voluntary thread, which hasn't been updated since March 29, are over 63Th of orders for now cancelled products, most of which were placed last year and NONE of which have been delivered to date. The company was long since required to issue automatic refunds according to FTC regulation, but has failed to do so.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules

If after all of this information, you're still determined to order from these guys at the very least do not pay with Bitcoins. Use a system with buyer protection, cc or paypal. Those that paid for minirigs($30k) with BTC in June of 2012 with an exchange rate just over $6(4838BTC) have lost over $500k in USD/BTC exchange rate increases over the past 10 months and still don't have a product to show for it, or even a shipping date estimate as required by law. If they request a refund they'll not get the near 5000BTC they paid in, they'll instead get 220BTC. They're completely hosed and will not make their money back...don't be that guy.

I'm done trying to warn you guys...sorry for the rant. This company just makes me sick to my stomach.
Activity: 22
April 23, 2013, 02:16:41 PM

Activity: 9
April 23, 2013, 02:03:35 PM
BFL is real. I live about 20 mins away fromm their lab. Ive been there and saw all the different systems they are selling. Yes they did have a few of each up and hashing, not at full power because owner said the were still working on heat issues and software stabilizing. but all in all I believe them because I saw them with my own eyes, they gave me and my buddy a tour of the entire place. Its legit, slow, but legit.
Activity: 49
April 23, 2013, 01:59:13 PM
Guys what you say that only Jalapeno has been rolled out from BFL? How about other ASIC's?
I've seen a web page getminer_com as they are selling from 5GH/s  to 1500 GH/s ASIC's are they SCAMmmers?
Can some one tell me which models BFL has released yet?

Thanks
Activity: 259
April 23, 2013, 01:47:50 PM
the jalapenos are rolling out

Do you have evidence to support that claim?  Huh

here is what you looking for ---> http://[Suspicious link removed]/i/1WUo4

dont know why it keeps deleting the link but anyway here is another link http://imgur.com/kPLmga6
Activity: 259
April 23, 2013, 01:45:54 PM

here is what you looking for ---> http://[Suspicious link removed]/i/1WUo4
Activity: 141
April 23, 2013, 01:11:21 PM
pool mining is the only way...but building a mining rig plus the cost of energy is NOT cost effective anymore, for the most part.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
April 23, 2013, 01:06:48 PM
Lets hope the singles and little singles start shipping soon too.  Otherwise the advantage of the early jalapeno will outweigh the hashing advantage of much later shipped singles and little singles which would be a slap in the face to those who unwittingly loaned them their operating budget (people who ordered the expensive gear).

Guys if a person cannot recoup their investment of 300 dollars with a 5 G/hash client, then mining is dead for the little guy. That's just the reality. No one is selling 1000 G/hash units for under 50k. Name one non-commercial mining who can afford that?
Activity: 224
April 23, 2013, 12:48:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 23, 2013, 12:39:57 PM
Lets hope the singles and little singles start shipping soon too.  Otherwise the advantage of the early jalapeno will outweigh the hashing advantage of much later shipped singles and little singles which would be a slap in the face to those who unwittingly loaned them their operating budget (people who ordered the expensive gear).
Activity: 6
April 23, 2013, 10:54:37 AM
Wow!!
Activity: 586
Merit: 251
April 23, 2013, 10:26:13 AM
hurray Smiley
Jump to: