Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 144. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 23, 2013, 10:24:20 AM
I too think they are not a scam. The previous generation (fpga) shipped, and so will asic.
But I do think may be 'testing' them for longer than necessary...making as much as possible from each one before shipping.
the jalapenos are rolling out
Activity: 586
Merit: 251
April 23, 2013, 10:17:36 AM
I too think they are not a scam. The previous generation (fpga) shipped, and so will asic.
But I do think may be 'testing' them for longer than necessary...making as much as possible from each one before shipping.
Activity: 15
April 23, 2013, 09:48:09 AM
I don't think Butterflylabs are scammers they've just fucked up too many things along the way.

I also think that their intentions were sincere... but apparently devices didn't work as expected. I already saw that they lowered MH/s rate (Google still can find some old webpages on theis site). Perhaps too much current, perhaps too high temperature Smiley
Activity: 6
April 23, 2013, 08:28:36 AM
I don't think they are intentionally trying to scam...but they should have cut off pre-orders or shipped in batches and met those obligations.  I had an order for some Jalapenos, and after a few months I just took a refund and bought BTC instead... 
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 23, 2013, 08:19:31 AM
BFL are not an overt scam, they have shipped a working Jalepeno and it's a matter of time before orders are fulfilled, but...

Power consumption is multiples of that promised and will cost users significantly more to run.

They will only refund those that paid in a quantity of bitcoins, the current market aloe of those bitcoins today...those pre order guys were scammed, hard! BFL have banked on their coins.

They will not reveal the true order quantity that they have to fulfil or it's total associated hashrate (I has asked). This alone invalidates the main purpose of Bitcoin being an open source currency. They have prior inside knowledge of the effect their order will have and won't share with the community.

They have currently a complete monopoly on ASIC miners - again centralising Bitcoin - sorry Avalon's pitiful number of orders really don't rock their boat.

I'm entirely unsure as to whether an order made today at BFL's current (doubled) price will return a profit once that order is shipped with the future hashrate unless bitcoin is significantly more valuable. There is every chance that after this recent correction, the liquidation of bitcoins in circulation brought by the volume of ASIC miners may drop the price for a while.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
April 23, 2013, 08:15:13 AM
I don't think Butterflylabs are scammers they've just fucked up too many things along the way.

if you send hundreds of dollars, wait almost one year and ETA is prolonged every months for last half year? sorry, it is not correct, maybe they are not pure scammers in common way, but the result is the same - you have no money and no asic miner.
April 23, 2013, 08:07:29 AM
legendary
/dev/null
April 23, 2013, 08:02:24 AM
WTF, I'm about to order. when I read this.

i dont want tell tell you what to order or not, it is your personal decision. but fact is, that guys waiting for almost year and nobody receive the device be regular order yet. just check interest of fpga (zyxel, CM1) in other threads. ok, the cost is much higher, if you compare MHs/$ - but they will really send devices and after couple of weeks you will really recieve the package. they have got real device, not just one video on youtube, nice looking pages and few grey paper boxes.)
Activity: 574
April 23, 2013, 07:23:21 AM
WTF, I'm about to order. when I read this.
legendary
/dev/null
April 23, 2013, 07:22:16 AM
So is butterfly labs safe to order from or not.. This thread is too big to fire thru and goes off topic far too quickly..

simple question

If i order a 5gh miner. will i get it??

Yes or no..

Thanks!

next 6 months? no, as far as i know, due to huge list of preorders. there are guys, which are waiting almost year and still dont receive anything. date of shipping is still prolonged from october.

later? nobody knows, but personally dont think so..
Activity: 45
April 23, 2013, 05:55:39 AM
So is butterfly labs safe to order from or not.. This thread is too big to fire thru and goes off topic far too quickly..

simple question

If i order a 5gh miner. will i get it??

Yes or no..

Thanks!
legendary
/dev/null
April 23, 2013, 04:46:33 AM
honestly, I cannot beleive, that anybody still hope..it looks like a scam from the start, whole bitcoin nework is like a magnet for scammers, frauds, stealing and this kind of stuff. maybe they will sometimes ship something - people will check new youtube videos and "guaranteed"info and will order and order again like sheeps.

guys, trust me, what BFL doing is really not standart behaviour of responsible and correct manufacturer. good luck
Activity: 14
April 23, 2013, 04:09:31 AM
Yeah I ordered one ages ago, kinda was play money so not too worried if it dont turn up. I think it will rock up when the difficulty is through the roof tho  Cry
April 23, 2013, 03:41:06 AM
Anyone tried to buy any off ebay ? What order numbers are likely to be in the first shipments ?
Activity: 1
April 23, 2013, 02:22:11 AM
Honestly, I think I will purchase the little one during the summer.

Most of the time I can feel if something is going to be a scam or not, and for some reason, this seems legit enough.

Yeah it might be a risk, but it would be a risk that would be beneficial if they come through.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
April 23, 2013, 01:50:25 AM
I will also roll all over my floor laughing at all the people making fun of me because I took a risk with BFL.  Believe me,  I will gladly throw it in your face that I'm at 60gh/s with a wonderful video and a few pictures.   Shit, I'll throw in a pic of my wallet after 24 hours of mining, just to piss you off.   
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
April 23, 2013, 01:46:46 AM
Even if BFL doesn't ship in time to make $10k a month (the projected income for BTC/USD for the 60Gh/s units),  I will still be able to (at the very least) make a few hundred a month and considering that I only $1400 for the unit, I'll have it paid off in less than six months and make extra money afterwards.  I doubt I'll be making any less than a few thousand a month, but I'm setting my standards very low.
Activity: 28
April 23, 2013, 01:35:42 AM
website looks cheesy

Not always a justification for a scam. Plus they've had that site for over a good year.
Activity: 26
April 22, 2013, 10:24:24 PM
So do we still think there's no truth to butterfly labs honoring their orders & the equipment actually meeting expectations?
Activity: 504
April 22, 2013, 10:19:14 PM
So if these are legit, won't this totally change the face of mining?  I mean, GPU mining did it once, and it's going to happen again.  Mining efficiently will become a serious investment.
That is the whole point of advancement... To advance... and Grow...

Without advancement, you fail to provide what is commonly called, "supply".

Yes, it will alter the market.
 - Faster transactions
 - More stability in value
 - Harder to hack, and disrupt, once again
 - Reduced overhead losses from "electric" expenses, which is the greatest overhead at the moment

Will that kill GPU processing?
 - No, new cards come out all the time
 - They are still profitable as-is
 - They can still make money from "transaction-fees"
 - They can still mine new and emergent "parallel" systems to balance the existing advanced "bitcoin" market
 - They can be re-sold for, um, actually playing games, giving money to those for the "advanced" rigs of tomorrow

It is not a total loss... they have had over a YEAR to prepare for the inevitable, and make provisions for advancement.

It is not like we are just going to wake-up tomorrow, and poof, a million 1000GH/s machines are going to be online. They are slowly rolling out, which continues to add to the stability and lower the "shock", while allowing the market to self-regulate and expand.

You also imply that $120 USD bitcoins are some-how actually justified. That value only exists because of GPU processing. Just as $1000USD per BTC will be the new level of "justified value", once the volume of transactions picks-up.
Jump to: