Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 142. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 23, 2013, 09:32:43 PM
If they cannot deliver by some date we choose, then we have the right to request a refund in mass.

Why not just request a refund now if you are tired of waiting? They apparently honor all refund requests.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
April 23, 2013, 09:28:01 PM
Jalaps seem to mature, but it seems there are issues with the other 2 SC ASIC miners.

Actually with 3 - 25G, 50G and 1.5 TH.

I still wonder how minirig will look like
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
April 23, 2013, 09:23:10 PM
BFL is real. I live about 20 mins away fromm their lab. Ive been there and saw all the different systems they are selling. Yes they did have a few of each up and hashing, not at full power because owner said the were still working on heat issues and software stabilizing. but all in all I believe them because I saw them with my own eyes, they gave me and my buddy a tour of the entire place. Its legit, slow, but legit.

You wouldn't be the one on reddit who just walked in and got an impromptu tour would you?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
April 23, 2013, 09:06:02 PM
Look up the meaning of ponzi scheme. No really look it up. You need to actually read it and understand it. Then pick your date. I can't make it any more clear.

If they have a working product and are able to deliver all of said product to the consumers who have ordered it while maintaining a profit, then by definition they are not a ponzi scheme. I strongly suggest you look up what a ponzi scheme is before attacking me.

If they cannot deliver by some date we choose, then we have the right to request a refund in mass. If BFL cannot refund our money and have no product, then yes they are a ponzi scheme. Then I and my lawyers will call for a both an investigation by the government and also a class action lawsuit. The management will return to prison and we will address the ASIC issue in a more transparent and open way.

Activity: 3
April 23, 2013, 08:57:43 PM
They tweeted that they have shipped the first products to early customers.

Let's see if its true.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 23, 2013, 06:41:18 PM
So you said
according to the Blog entry from BFL_Jody, they shipped a couple customer units and some more developer units over the last 2 days...
and the link is their forum? https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/136-shipping-update.html#comments

Where they can make/delete/change password of users... Are you kidding? And you believe on their forum, built ad-hoc to fool you?

if you're so deadset in your belief that BFL is a scam, then no evidence anybody presents is going to convince you otherwise. 

Also, I didn't say I believed they were shipping, I said "according to...".  I made no claim of belief either way.

Thats great millions of pre-sales and all they can put out is jala's. Sounds like progress. You do know that the Josh has a mining pool. I hope he's not using the excuse of not having enough chips to build units to further his profit at bitcoin prices today.

Maybe even use the machines to mine on? The rigs atleast.

Nah! Josh has never lied before.
Activity: 56
April 23, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Its not a scam.  They've started shipping.  And even prior they had already sent dev boards to developers.  As the post above mine says, just a poorly run company.  Im sure they've learned some valuable lessons though, as well as all those that made preorders.
Activity: 13
April 23, 2013, 05:54:49 PM
There's videos of functioning hardware. Not a scam, just a poorly-run company. ;P
Activity: 12
April 23, 2013, 05:37:04 PM
I bet is a scam.....Only a scam...never they will ship...never
Activity: 729
April 23, 2013, 05:34:47 PM
Most elaborate scam ever if it were a scam.  Amazing how there are now third party reviewers making videos of the hardware units actually working.  Are they in on it as well?

Ridiculous.  There's no scam here.  You can get a refund for your order at any time if you aren't willing to wait it out. 
Activity: 602
Your *what* is itchy?
April 23, 2013, 05:31:11 PM
I say I'm withholding a definitive stance until either a) we start to see people posting their pics and vids (besides BFL-stroking reviewers who receive free units) or b) i receive my 2 Jalapenos.

I'm optimistically hopeful.
Activity: 10
April 23, 2013, 05:29:20 PM
Now that the first devices have shipped, what dou say?
Your *what* is itchy?
April 23, 2013, 05:22:39 PM
So you said
according to the Blog entry from BFL_Jody, they shipped a couple customer units and some more developer units over the last 2 days...
and the link is their forum? https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/136-shipping-update.html#comments

Where they can make/delete/change password of users... Are you kidding? And you believe on their forum, built ad-hoc to fool you?

if you're so deadset in your belief that BFL is a scam, then no evidence anybody presents is going to convince you otherwise. 

Also, I didn't say I believed they were shipping, I said "according to...".  I made no claim of belief either way.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
April 23, 2013, 05:00:27 PM
So you said

Activity: 644
April 23, 2013, 03:41:58 PM
Ok let's actually solve this problem then. Let's pick a date and if BFL has not shipped by then, we agree to start a list for a class action lawsuit for fraud.

Look up the meaning of ponzi scheme. No really look it up. You need to actually read it and understand it. Then pick your date. I can't make it any more clear.
jml
Activity: 238
April 23, 2013, 03:35:46 PM
What a load of crap here, a fool that was licking that bASIC guy's ass for months, so he choose the wrong horse, same conversion bullshit as for months but not talking/crying for bitcoin when the bitcoin was $3 now, class action haha. That's like the weaker guy shouting "hold me hold me" before I attack the big guy.
Go get a refund, anyone that wants one gets it, be the man or stop pretending to be What's your next option, wait for another chance for an avalon? I was lucky for 4x batch 2, so what will you do, wait, or wait&hope to be lucky?

Im an FPGA miner and I am sticking to it until I see that ASIC become mainstream. There is just a lot of hot air with ASICs atm.
Activity: 24
April 23, 2013, 03:28:43 PM
What a load of crap here, a fool that was licking that bASIC guy's ass for months, so he choose the wrong horse, same conversion bullshit as for months but not talking/crying for bitcoin when the bitcoin was $3 now, class action haha. That's like the weaker guy shouting "hold me hold me" before I attack the big guy.
Go get a refund, anyone that wants one gets it, be the man or stop pretending to be What's your next option, wait for another chance for an avalon? I was lucky for 4x batch 2, so what will you do, wait, or wait&hope to be lucky?
jml
Activity: 238
April 23, 2013, 03:23:23 PM
Jalaps seem to mature, but it seems there are issues with the other 2 SC ASIC miners.
Your *what* is itchy?
Activity: 5
April 23, 2013, 03:20:17 PM
Will they ever ship them all?
Jump to: