Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 167. (Read 415652 times)

mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
December 27, 2012, 11:06:46 PM
I don't think anybody still believes that BFL is a scam.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002
December 27, 2012, 10:56:02 PM
Just for reference, here is a link to a convenient way to file a complaint with the FBI if you are inclined to do so, now or at any point in the future.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

If the crime involves more than $100k USD and a crime within their jurisdiction (such as wire fraud), the FBI is generally inclined to follow up.

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
December 06, 2012, 02:45:57 AM
If you think this is a huge international scam report it to the FBI rather than troll it all over a forum.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 06, 2012, 01:02:29 AM
I was a little curious looking at their website, while it claims to have been an active domain site since 2003, they didn't have any active control of their current domain at least prior to Jan 2011.  I feel for such a big investment this is turning out to be, and for as little history behind them, and for all the questionable possibilities, I'd rather wait and see before ordering.  I wouldn't put my money on the line for sure.
Activity: 14
November 12, 2012, 08:13:59 PM
So is it a scam or not? Their website is still up and running. The CEO is a fraudster...? Dang, how do people still trust them? If we buy the rigs and don't trade them in, it would be okay then?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
November 12, 2012, 07:51:37 PM
Has anyone received a delivery notice or update on delivery of the BFL SC product yet?
earliest date possible http://[Suspicious link removed]/2OXKN
Activity: 16
October 29, 2012, 01:42:26 PM
I have 10 singles and have purchased five upgrades to SC's and five more outright.  When I get the five I paid for I'll send in my five trade in's.  I'm not terribly worried about getting conned as that would be one of the most elaborate con's ever.  Not saying it isn't possible, just not likely.  If you're not comfortable losing some money on the possibility this probably isn't for you.
Activity: 12
Activity: 5
October 28, 2012, 05:12:42 PM
Has anyone received a delivery notice or update on delivery of the BFL SC product yet?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
October 28, 2012, 11:01:04 AM
Can some kind admin change WilliamH's username to "tl;dr" please?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 27, 2012, 10:35:05 PM
We just have a different scale of genius.

To break out the dictionary/wikipedia as you like
..."typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of unprecedented insight."

All these bitstream guys are pretty talented though.
October 27, 2012, 10:15:16 PM
Let's not get out of hand and call BTC machine makers genius inventors. Tongue

Although BFL is compared to intel and Apple quite often on these forums!

Ohhh I don't know, there is some seriously amazing innovation going on in the community. From the bitcoin codebase it's self to the rapidly moving hardware seen! In both fields of understanding the developers dwarf me. The hardware is amazing and I could not have created it, nor the software that drives bitcoin. As half the problem being having the great idea and making it happen. I would never have had the idea to create another currency or even the ability to if I did, and much the same with the hardware. I would have performed a basic bitcoin miner standard approach to the hardware issue and continue to "macro"~ as in mass, inefficient hardware to do the job.
    They may not be seen as genius inventors by everyone but I'm going to think they are, not just to BFL but really all the people in the community doing really amazing things with technology. In fact most the bitcoin community as a whole are damn determined, solid and intelligent people. Not everyone who passes by the bitcoin system adopts it, and many want to uphold fiat "status quo" currency, even knowing it only serves a few % of the population. To understand the need for an alternative, you must understand that there is a problem with what you have, therein lies the issue, most are not even aware how bad debt based currency is. Supply based currency like bitcoin is far superior, and I am proud to advocate for it.
    One of my main concerns, after consumption of copious Q&A/FAQ, reading, youtubing ect...

With this transformation at hand, we will be wise to understand that we are to starve our predecessor system out of functionality. There are some very serious ramifications of this, and we may be wise to consider helping them to a degree to migrate as time passes. Naturally we do not wish for schools to close, firefighters and useful services to stop. This will require some careful consideration when we transverse into this territory, supporting the important infrastructures will be up to us!

Another concern we may neglect to notice is the true deadly potential of government in this. People speculate they can not stop btc and so forth, however it only comes down to creativity. Rather than directly fighting it, they can buy all the open btc that they can, slowly consuming it, and removing it as a cancer. Another way would be to buy it high and sell it low, over and over, given that only a small group % wise are using in btc, and they print billions uncontrolled, they could afford to make us involved in btc all wealthy and once again using their currency as a primary monetary source. I am not sure how my limited and unskilled random thoughts on the fly would actually play out, however I do believe we need to be very wise as we adventure down this rabbit hole.

October 27, 2012, 09:32:50 PM
Let's not get out of hand and call BTC machine makers genius inventors. Tongue

Although BFL is compared to intel and Apple quite often on these forums!
October 27, 2012, 09:21:22 PM
Don't worry, I have never been offended. You can sleep easy tonight.
There is also no attack, so you can relax. I had no idea this had made you distressed (seeing your reply now).

Were you surprised when Tom/Nzhang (as you say) ignored an email full of fluff? You are very judgmental.

No it was as expected sir, as I was to exclaim an "exceptional action" of a company. As not a standard or expectation that a response was made. This is why I did not disclose said company names, as it was unfair to do so. Only during discussion did I example your example and even that was probably improper, though I did not abuse them. I am sure Tom is far too busy to deal with such nonsensical things when he is a busy person, I do definitely get that. The above was merely an exceptional action of the staff and CSR(Brian) from BFL, and Sonny(Someone Higher up).
   They took extra time for no other reason than to just be good people, and that said a lot. Though the intent was never to put any other company down, as I negated them from what I displayed, it was worthy mention that BFL did well upon me was all. If we were all to be responsible consumers, and take of our little precious time to follow up on such, all standards would be raised because at the end of the day we choose who supplies us as consumers. It may be difficult, and extra time and expense... however results are gained through the hard work of individuals, typically out of altruism for humanity. The truly genius inventors and innovators did not do it for profit, in fact looking upon the lives they lived will tell us just how badly the vast majority of them were destroyed by society for their amazing love for humanity.

October 27, 2012, 09:08:06 PM
Don't worry, I have never been offended. You can sleep easy tonight.
There is also no attack, so you can relax. I had no idea this had made you distressed (seeing your reply now).

Were you surprised when Tom/Nzhang (as you say) ignored an email full of fluff? You are very judgmental.
October 27, 2012, 09:06:54 PM
Your attacks on me are as simple to thwart as the slapping of a mosquito. If you wish me to actually return some hostile activity you will not receive it, because that last thing I want to do is humiliate you or anyone else for no gain of anyone whatsoever. You may continue to persist at knocking on my door but I will not bother answering, because you only seek to harm, it is likely in the process of beating on the door you will only harm yourself.

lol, it looks like we can learn a lot from you here (honestly). Welcome.

Thank you sir, honestly, you managed a smile from a distressed face Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
October 27, 2012, 09:00:44 PM
Your attacks on me are as simple to thwart as the slapping of a mosquito. If you wish me to actually return some hostile activity you will not receive it, because that last thing I want to do is humiliate you or anyone else for no gain of anyone whatsoever. You may continue to persist at knocking on my door but I will not bother answering, because you only seek to harm, it is likely in the process of beating on the door you will only harm yourself.

lol, it looks like we can learn a lot from you here (honestly). Welcome.
October 27, 2012, 08:56:35 PM

I think you need to read up on the history of all the manufacturers present here. You are taking things at face value.
Or maybe just go back to your psy101 class. :>

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29117618.jpg

I'm not trying to be a jerk or rude to you, nor did I come at you with such a desire. I'm sorry if I hurt your pride while defending myself, honestly and with regret. If you have data to prove your claims, I would be interested in reading it. Please post if possible what information has brought you to the conclusion sub quoted below.

I think you need to read up on the history of all the manufacturers present here. You are taking things at face value.

As for psych, I have never taken any such classes nor will I. I simply take programming and computer science classes, displaying a general understanding about how things work is not a bad thing.

My data and claims? Defending yourself? What on earth are you talking about?

You send out 3-4 emails and called it a survey. That is just ridiculous.
You need to go through the forums, Custom Hardware to be specific. Find the threads started by the ASIC makers, and read them.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to do, but your 'survey' isn't going to convince anybody to do anything at all. You are a very confusing and odd person.

To back up my claims of calling you odd;

Quote from: WilliamH
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/entry.php/32-BFL-Integrity-Survey#comments
Just a bunch of personal information, like where I live and go to college, things I a grateful for and so forth.

That was the content of your emails? Was the CSR at BFL bored and decided to read it? Did Tom and nghang label is as spam like they should have?

I'm trying to understand why you insist at attacking me, however it does not matter really, my intent is still good. Lets first understand the meaning of a survey as I conducted it.

2. To inspect carefully; scrutinize: "Two women were surveying the other people on the platform" (Thomas Wolfe). See Synonyms at see

A simple observation is a classification, as I performed. I'm not sorry that this offends you. Your attacks on me are as simple to thwart as the slapping of a mosquito. If you wish me to actually return some hostile activity you will not receive it, because that last thing I want to do is humiliate you or anyone else for no gain of anyone whatsoever. You may continue to persist at knocking on my door but I will not bother answering, because you only seek to harm, it is likely in the process of beating on the door you will only harm yourself.
October 27, 2012, 08:55:56 PM
As a customer I expect to be treated well by any company. So to answer your question, no, I normally do not return favors by praising a company in public if they treat me as I would expect. If the opposite is true, I do publicly speak about it in order to warn other customers.

Certainly would I not register to a forum just for the purpose of telling everyone that I was treated as should be expected. Your behavior is odd and that makes me think you have an agenda.

Fair assessment, on all accounts. Though the assumption everyone thinks as you do is a bit unfair, perhaps I am used to being treated poorly and have had many bad experiences with companies. I wanted to register here anyways and just had not yet, as I am rather new to the entire bitcoin community. I was willing as I stated in my main post to offer some validation of my claims to an admin for personal review, that is the extent of what verification I am willing to provide, though more than enough.

You automatically assume nobody believes you that BFL answered an email containing your life story, and Tom and nzghang (I know I am spelling that wrong...) didn't reply at all. An admin will not waste their time. It is totally believable. I BELIEVE YOU. It just has no meaning to anybody other than yourself. You played the victim before you clicked post.

Are you going to promote something here soon?

You still didn't answer my question! Tongue
October 27, 2012, 08:48:30 PM
As a customer I expect to be treated well by any company. So to answer your question, no, I normally do not return favors by praising a company in public if they treat me as I would expect. If the opposite is true, I do publicly speak about it in order to warn other customers.

Certainly would I not register to a forum just for the purpose of telling everyone that I was treated as should be expected. Your behavior is odd and that makes me think you have an agenda.

Fair assessment, on all accounts. Though the assumption everyone thinks as you do is a bit unfair, perhaps I am used to being treated poorly and have had many bad experiences with companies. I wanted to register here anyways and just had not yet, as I am rather new to the entire bitcoin community. I was willing as I stated in my main post to offer some validation of my claims to an admin for personal review, that is the extent of what verification I am willing to provide, though more than enough.
   Had you actually read my post you would see that I highly value collaboration and feel that we all need to be more aware of where we shop from. Communicating a good action or a bad action is something I personally value. I may be naive in my assumption everyone has such values, as well you may be naive to the fact that not everyone is motivated by only personal gain. Consider after reading the first few paragraphs of what I originally posted, how I personally conduct my interactions with companies. Thank you.

Jump to: