Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 166. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
March 10, 2013, 02:51:21 PM
I said it was a scam as well, but forum moderator "psy" saw it fit to delete my post.  Seems to go in line with this forums policy to protect and promote scans.

Funny how the whole libertarian freedom thing goes out the window once you go against the moderator's personal veiws.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
aka 7Strykes
March 10, 2013, 02:42:37 PM
I choose to stand by BFL. Yeah their CEO or whatever may be in violation, but what if his PO is in approval of what he is doing?
Activity: 294
Let's Start a Cryptolution!!
March 10, 2013, 12:45:08 PM
Investing in BFL hardware doesn't seem any more risky than investing in BTC in the first place. It's a gamble. Don't put in more than you can stand to lose.

I have been watching BFL for sometime too. Never seen a website push back for so long. And the hashing power? Exactly why would they be selling it when they could make LITERALLY a fortune right now. This is going to be a see it to believe kinda thing for me my friend.
Activity: 10
March 10, 2013, 12:26:34 PM
Investing in BFL hardware doesn't seem any more risky than investing in BTC in the first place. It's a gamble. Don't put in more than you can stand to lose.
Activity: 7
March 10, 2013, 12:09:57 PM
we'll know when the network hashrate hits the roof.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
March 08, 2013, 05:37:54 PM
according to latest news, BFL should ship early orders next week. Will they announce another delay? Think so ...
They said exact same thing in October 2012. I don't think they are a scam but they are arrogant and clueless about production/shipping time-frame.

In french we say : "Vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué" (Selling the skin before killing the bear).
Activity: 434
March 08, 2013, 05:32:22 PM
The very idea that their first batch of 4000 chips could be at the packagers now and they could even suggest that they'll ship a working ASIC next week is insulting. There are many steps between packaging chips and shipping a working product. Do your own due dilligence and don't fall for this rubbish.
Activity: 241
Merit: 252
March 08, 2013, 12:54:06 PM
we will have to wait and see....
Activity: 19
March 08, 2013, 12:40:37 PM
I hope they ship!
Activity: 38
March 08, 2013, 12:36:02 PM
according to latest news, BFL should ship early orders next week. Will they announce another delay? Think so ...
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
March 07, 2013, 02:23:08 PM
The less people mining, the more money I make.

You should double your order. Then you could mine twice as many bitcoins with the equipment you don't have.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
March 07, 2013, 02:17:16 PM
OK, for the ignorant fools who are not keeping up with the facts.

My credits:
Aerospace engineer
I run a website
I've written computation software in the past

That might very well be true, Dillon, but the real question here is: Why is your fiancé so fat? Think about that for a minute.
Activity: 1
March 07, 2013, 01:50:06 PM
OK, for the ignorant fools who are not keeping up with the facts.

My credits:
Aerospace engineer
I run a website
I've written computation software in the past

FACTS:
ASIC is better than graphics cards. Why? This is because of the processing, instead of turning the computational information into a picture, they can shell out more filtering and data recognition (in semi-layman's terms).

Question and Answer:

Why bitcoin?
Yes, there's been bad news about it. Just like how e-bay started out bad. People will exploit things first to test the waters. Remember, we used to take over land, i.e. Native Americans, Africans, Indians, etc. (history lesson for you). The truth is that it is becoming a registered currency. The shares over the past week have increasted from $32 to $41 per coin.

Why does it matter?
Well, just like how gold was a standard because there was only so much of it, the same applies for the bitcoin. There are only so many blocks of data as there are pieces of technology (again a simplified explanation).

Is Butterfly labs reputable?
Yes. This guy who started this post just got angry because his order was late, or he ordered it off of the scam site with the .au address or .eu address. In either case, an idiot. The technology is possible. So let's quickly look over the data that he has brought to the table.

Why do they not mine themselves?
They probably do. Looking at the back and forth ping ratio between the site and server, they very well maybe because of the ratio. (for all you windows fans go to cmd and type "tracet" with a website and you can see how fast you can connect). Just like how ASUS, BitFenix, NVIDIA, Gigabyte, and more don't keep the computer parts for themselves so they can game better online. That is just ignorant to think so. ALSO, imagine that they are a small company that needs to MAKE THE DANG PRODUCT. For that they need money.

Is the president of the Company a sham?
http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/
I want you to read all of it.

I tell you this, I imagine that that jerk in the first post is just and ignorant fool. You can listen to him, or not. If you're not ready, then you're not ready. Grow a pair and make your own decisions. Do not base your information off of reposts. Go dig up information, CALL THEM. If you're ears do sway to the beat of volavak's drum then yes don't buy one. The less people mining, the more money I make.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted" -The Creed of Assassins and a point to gather information because anything can happen.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2012, 03:44:34 AM
For me BFL is like time sharing vacation, not a fraud but not a place to put your money as a good investement  Cry

BFL remind me a lot of game pre-ordering actually which is why I stay the hell away from them, they're building up the hype massively to get more business, it may or may not be a scam, but I bet you it won't be it's all its hyped up to be.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
December 28, 2012, 07:38:49 PM
For me BFL is like time sharing vacation, not a fraud but not a place to put your money as a good investement  Cry
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
December 28, 2012, 07:19:30 PM
BTCFPGA are SCAM too!!!
I've requested refund  for one mining device (54Gh/s bASIC NextGen Bitcoin Miner (pre-order)) around one week ago. still no answer. Butterflies back my money back, they didn't.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
December 28, 2012, 02:48:41 PM
Either way, I hope something happens soon. I'm getting sick of the taste of popcorn.
try cheesies my dog Buddy loves em!!!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
December 28, 2012, 11:50:34 AM
Either way, I hope something happens soon. I'm getting sick of the taste of popcorn.
Activity: 434
December 28, 2012, 02:20:16 AM
The risk of BFL running off with your money is low, but their released specs and shipping dates should be viewed with skepticism. Their track record of meeting shipping dates is abysmal.
Activity: 3
December 28, 2012, 02:05:25 AM
thanks 4 the info. was thinking about getting one of their low end models. need to research them up more.
Jump to: