Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 98. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
May 24, 2013, 10:02:22 PM
And you kids will be the ones crying after everyone else is mining 1TH/s.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
May 24, 2013, 09:44:16 PM
This is completely off-topic, but if you're familiar with scamming art, you can document all of your tricks in the scamming accusations forum, and it might end up sticky.
Activity: 85
May 24, 2013, 09:35:18 PM
How do you tell scams from good ideas?
May 24, 2013, 09:30:49 PM
Based on Josh's announcement of 5/23, they should be shipping units today.  Anyone know if they actually shipped anything?
Yeah, they shipped a couple Japthings, apparently.
Anyone got this 1,5TH/S minirig (with 1500W requirement), yet ?

If you mean the minirig, it has been downgraded to 500GH/s.

Exactly my point!
Since they guarantee you'll get the GH/S you ordered, it means:
- It'll take 3x more space
- It'll suck 3x more electricity (because that's the obvious reason why 1,5TH/S cannot be acheived with one unit)

A bit lost. Are you saying that those who ordered the 1 TH/s one are getting 3x 500 GH/s ones instead?

4.5KW an hour doesn't seem too bad for that much speed (assuming 3x electricity at 1.5KW per).

Might not sound too bad for you.
Just 300% more than what was advertised when you paid.

And if we stick to the JalaFailures, it'll be more around 7 or 800%

Unless you pre-order a lot more Singles, which might let their fake R&D team time and budget to design a few dodgy prototypes and feed them to noisy beleivers.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
May 24, 2013, 09:20:27 PM
Based on Josh's announcement of 5/23, they should be shipping units today.  Anyone know if they actually shipped anything?

Exactly my point!
- It'll suck 3x more electricity (because that's the obvious reason why 1,5TH/S cannot be acheived with one unit)

A bit lost. Are you saying that those who ordered the 1 TH/s one are getting 3x 500 GH/s ones instead?

4.5KW an hour doesn't seem too bad for that much speed (assuming 3x electricity at 1.5KW per).
Activity: 2
May 24, 2013, 09:17:19 PM
with the money of preorder ,BTF can buy many rig
May 24, 2013, 09:05:59 PM

Exactly my point!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
May 24, 2013, 09:02:01 PM
Would it be beneficial to mine on their own devices? Hell yes! More than just selling them.
No. It wouldn't. Thanks for discrediting yourself very early on.

Can you explain this "discredit" rather than just assert it?
jml
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
May 24, 2013, 08:57:10 PM

May 24, 2013, 08:55:07 PM
No, because they're still - if you're lucky - spending that pre-order money to try and design it. And they will fail, of course.
May 24, 2013, 08:51:44 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
May 24, 2013, 08:19:14 PM
hahaha, I just finished reading that post too. ... I wonder when those orders were placed.
Activity: 8
May 24, 2013, 08:12:21 PM
Based on Josh's announcement of 5/23, they should be shipping units today.  Anyone know if they actually shipped anything?
Activity: 35
May 24, 2013, 08:08:19 PM
For all those looking for a sure thing in bitcoin ASIC mining equipment, welcome to the world of venture investments Wink
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
May 24, 2013, 07:30:38 PM
A very good scam, though. Gain some credibility and use that to get money until people realize what you're really made out of. At that point, you might have a product working and gain more trust. Run on that for a little more and keep going.

That box showed at Bitcoin Convention can be fake, very easy to do this.  Tongue

Or they only have built like 5 of them. Back when Apple showed their first Apple ][ at the Westcoast Computer Faire in 1977 they only had 5 computers built. They did manage to deliver though eventually. Lots of computer companies in the '70s/'80s did the same and failed to deliver and went broke, leaving their customers holding the bag. The current ASIC market is VERY reminiscant of that early period of personal computing. Exciting times but potentially very costly if you make the wrong choice.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
May 24, 2013, 06:49:29 PM
Quote from: drooler
In America it's innocent until proven guilty. If they're a scam then you should have no problem proving it.

I agree with this, but sometimes it is hard to prove as well.

Wasn't that hard for the prosecutor to prove Sonny V. was a felon.  Perhaps he was innocent at one point, but now he's a convicted felon.

Can you show me a government website that shows this information? Also, just because someone does something wrong, doesn't mean they will continue doing it. The top burglars in the world have created the best security systems. Hell even Kevin Mitnick went on to design some of the best security features that are even in use on bank checks today.

Sonny has gone on a plea bargain so the prosecutor didnt have to prove shit. He didnt even get a trial, since he cut a deal and simply went to jail.

Being in jail would still put him on over 30 websites and show his arrest record. So, show hard evidence. Not just he said, she said and hearsay.

"Also, just because someone does something wrong, doesn't mean they will continue doing it. The top burglars in the world have created the best security systems. Hell even Kevin Mitnick went on to design some of the best security features that are even in use on bank checks today."

?
Activity: 43
May 24, 2013, 06:06:13 PM
Quote from: drooler
In America it's innocent until proven guilty. If they're a scam then you should have no problem proving it.

I agree with this, but sometimes it is hard to prove as well.

Wasn't that hard for the prosecutor to prove Sonny V. was a felon.  Perhaps he was innocent at one point, but now he's a convicted felon.

Can you show me a government website that shows this information? Also, just because someone does something wrong, doesn't mean they will continue doing it. The top burglars in the world have created the best security systems. Hell even Kevin Mitnick went on to design some of the best security features that are even in use on bank checks today.

Sonny has gone on a plea bargain so the prosecutor didnt have to prove shit. He didnt even get a trial, since he cut a deal and simply went to jail.

Being in jail would still put him on over 30 websites and show his arrest record. So, show hard evidence. Not just he said, she said and hearsay.

"Also, just because someone does something wrong, doesn't mean they will continue doing it. The top burglars in the world have created the best security systems. Hell even Kevin Mitnick went on to design some of the best security features that are even in use on bank checks today."
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 24, 2013, 05:39:53 PM

Yes, which means it's proven for all intents and purposes, such as a subsequent civil suit.

I'm sure he just pled guilty for the fun of it because he loves prison, though.  He didn't actually do any of that shit.

I am not making judgements here, since I have no clue about the case. However, if you have ever been accused of anything and been put under pressure by a hot shot prosecutor who wants indictments more than anything, who will try getting you 400 years in prison on your first offence... well if you have a shitty lawyer, you might just want to say yes to that even if you are innocent.

Again: Im not making any call on Sonny. Taking the bargain might have been a deal even if he would have been innocent and simply "badly affiliated." I am quite glad to have a lawyer that would likely answer "U MAD??!?!?!" and demand a trial for me here in Germany... lucky we have only had civil law suits so far, mostly about people trying to rip ME off.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
May 24, 2013, 05:37:54 PM
So Josh care to comment on the 500 GH minirig?
Activity: 40
May 24, 2013, 05:36:20 PM
People are still trying to buy one of these?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: